Moonkin rotation question

Hi, I am having some trouble with the moonkin rotation in mythic+.

Once u get into a trash mob fight what rotation u use?

And what rotation u use in boss fights?

Do u always keep new moon on CD, so that whenever a charge is ready, u immediately use it? So its highest priority?

I have been on icy veins and all that, ty. I would like to hear it from some experienced players.

For mythic+, you should be taking talents which really change your rotation. Most of our damage revolves around large pulls. Make sure to have Soul of the Forest, Shooting Stars, and Stellar Drift.

You really just want to maintain both of your dots on all targets, maintain starfall without overlapping, and spending all extra ap starsurging the mob with the most health.

Quote Originally Posted by Drazol View Post
    For mythic+, you should be taking talents which really change your rotation. Most of our damage revolves around large pulls. Make sure to have Soul of the Forest, Shooting Stars, and Stellar Drift.

You really just want to maintain both of your dots on all targets, maintain starfall without overlapping, and spending all extra ap starsurging the mob with the most health.
    So dots first priority then SF, SS to use ur resource. What about the moons?

I agree on the talent part, since after 7.1.5 it's the most consistent spec for AoE.
    Btw I don't get why you shouldn't overlap starfall. If there are 3+ mobs alive I personally keep spending all my AP on starfalls (which stacks) and ignore the target with most health, unless it casts a dangerous spell often.
    @Wild
    Dots > Moon spells until you can starfall (on cd) > Lunar strike to gain back AP

Deleted
    Do you guys go Starlord for M+? I have Oneth's Intuition and i am not sure what to go for?

I do just to use ED for boss fights

Deleted

I dont agree with this. Wanna pull the enitre instance? sure go with stellardrift... Maybe it would work for some instances but i wouldnt go for it.
    I have ED and oneths using - Incarnation, Shooting stars and Natures balance. This lets u have awesome AOE and at the same time do awesome single DPS.

no idea about Fury of elune tho, needs good cordination with tank så i never tried it

FoE is pretty much junk. To complicated to use, not enough payoff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wild View Post
    Do u always keep new moon on CD, so that whenever a charge is ready, u immediately use it? So its highest priority?
    Use it when appropriate, avoid capping charges if possible.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Piizzaislife View Post
    I dont agree with this. Wanna pull the enitre instance? sure go with stellardrift... Maybe it would work for some instances but i wouldnt go for it.
    I have ED and oneths using - Incarnation, Shooting stars and Natures balance. This lets u have awesome AOE and at the same time do awesome single DPS.

no idea about Fury of elune tho, needs good cordination with tank så i never tried it
    The strength of our AoE we now have, comes purely from the combination of SotF, Stellar Drift buff and increase in Mastery. Not taling Stellar Drift Mythic+ is a huge DPS loss and it's really easy to not pull any other mobs with it, just aim.

i would suggest working on your reticule placement then. If space is tight you can always throw half of your starfall into a wall, it's not like the mobs have to be in the center of the reticule to take damage...

It seems to only happen when using Stellar drift, but i have noticed on occassion Starfall pulling mobs through the floor. However It's only happened in 2 locations. On Maw of Souls after the second boss i've sometimes pull the mobs undearneath us on the side we don't clear. And also in Karazhan in the Opera Hall area.

Regardless, this isn't the old starfall where you have no control over what it hits. Stellar Drift should be taken at all times.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyepic View Post
    i would suggest working on your reticule placement then. If space is tight you can always throw half of your starfall into a wall, it's not like the mobs have to be in the center of the reticule to take damage...

It seems to only happen when using Stellar drift, but i have noticed on occassion Starfall pulling mobs through the floor. However It's only happened in 2 locations. On Maw of Souls after the second boss i've sometimes pull the mobs undearneath us on the side we don't clear. And also in Karazhan in the Opera Hall area.

Regardless, this isn't the old starfall where you have no control over what it hits. Stellar Drift should be taken at all times.
    Yeah i did notice that aswell in MoS.... suddenly a Marine showed up when we were at the top floor :P I know u can do it against a wall etc but its still stupid large AOE maybe you´re right and its better.
    I dont have any real numbers but spec suck on singel target or no ? How much DPS can u expect from a bossfight 400 ? 500 ? 600+?

Good enough that the time gain on trash should be more than enough to make up for the loss on bosses.
    On Maw of Souls after the second boss i've sometimes pull the mobs undearneath us on the side we don't clear. And also in Karazhan in the Opera Hall area.
    MoS walls are paperthin and do not block LoS. Opera hall is an old issue from back in BC -.-

10+ Year Old Account
    With recent changes with sotf ss. and sd I can still use ca and do 550+/- on bosses. And do 800k-1.4m on trash
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

Deleted

Don't forget Nightbane, you pull the adds from downstairs near Attumen. I think that happens regardless of stellar drift, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Moohlight View Post
    Don't forget Nightbane, you pull the adds from downstairs near Attumen. I think that happens regardless of stellar drift, though.
    Same goes for opera. Normal Starfall already hits them.

Yeah i did notice that aswell in MoS.... suddenly a Marine showed up when we were at the top floor :P I know u can do it against a wall etc but its still stupid large AOE maybe you´re right and its better.
    I dont have any real numbers but spec suck on singel target or no ? How much DPS can u expect from a bossfight 400 ? 500 ? 600+?
    depending on the length of the fight you can still do good damage singlet target with SD. Depending on gear with incarn up you can expect to be somewhere around 550K. I'd says over a sustained fight, like a Tyrannical week, probably around 400K+. That's with around an 880 - 885 ilvl.