Deleted

[RET] How to find the best gear and talents?

Hey guys,

i am wondering how i can find the most optimal combination of the gear that is available to me, and the talents i can chose from...

The usual comment on that question is "Just sim it". I want to! And i am able to.. My problem is, how to preselect a few factors to scale down the number of permutations i have to sim...

I have access to a large variety of quite good gear, may it be legendaries (got ring, belt, cloak so far), may it be trinkets (FCM 860, EoC 860, STR/Haste 875 from Odyn, HotP 885,...). Same for other slots.

Most of you will tell me now, that cloak+belt is over all. But it isn't. There are simulations where ring+belt is better.
    Most of you will tell me now, that with cloak we should aim for 30% haste. But that's not true in every situation.

Of course i can put some pieces on, paste it into SimulationCraft and just sim it... With my laptop it takes about 5 minutes then (10k iterations, 300s combat length,...) and i have a result. I can then go back and switch one piece of gear for another, and repeat all...

This is really slow, ugly and unhandy...

So i wanted to improve a bit and use "copy"-lines in my simc-profile... The time needed will be nearly the same, but i don't have to re-setup the simulator every 5 minutes, instead i can the laptop do his work over night or so. At some point i would have a result that shows me the very best combination...

Unfortunatly i have to write all permutations of gear and talents down before, which is even more unhandy..

Assuming 14 slots (as ret) each with 3 more or less equal pieces (equal ilvl, different stats), i have over 4 million permutations, which is impossible to simulate.

Can i assume that e.g. FCM is BiS in every situation?
    Can i assume that e.g. Haste/Str-Stick 875 from Odyn is better than Hunger of the Pack 885 in every situation?
    Can i assume that at ~890 ilvl having 30% haste and less crit is always better than having 20% haste and more crit?

Questions like these will shrink the number of permutations a lot - hopefully to less than 100, which is managable to simcraft...

TLR:

So hands down, how can i preselect which pieces of gear i should sim, and which of them will never be part of the most optimal gear set i have?

Every help is welcome - even if you have a completly other point of view towards the question "How to find the best gear/talent combination available to me?".

Cheers,
    Xorrhal
    Last edited by mmoc4e6710e527; 2017-01-13 at 10:05 AM.