Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Question 7.1.5 Devastator Prot Warrior - How do you track your swing timer?

Hello comrades in arms,

Prot warrior since early wotlk here, predominantly running M+ and striving for perfection.

I'd like to know how you fellow warriors deal with devastator, especially in terms of how you track your swing timers?

I know of that WA, but given the lower hp pool as well as the more dynamical play (imo), it's a lot harder to keep looking at that WA or any other swing timer.

First of all, I'm running with gloves+bracers legendary combo, renewed fury/best served cold, vengeance and HR. I feel like vengeance works absolutely fantastic with devastator because of the more rage we get at the trade of hp pool and bigger IP from indom, while adding the defensive aspect to revenge, which is key for our survival given the aforementioned reason. I prefer HR over the others because on longer fights I think it beast the ravager parry and because I prefer to have another def cd, and taking AM without booming voice is meh.

What I mean by "more dynamical play", is that especially on big packs, I find myself having to manage my SB uptime (easy by now, it's ingrained), weave through my vengeance (for which what I tend to do is start with IP, get that revenge in and try to get the next IP asap so that next revenge is brainless and IP is always required), track gloves proc to maximise rage and dps for TC and SB and watch for all the mechanics, which is key in higher M+ (e.g the monster pulls in MoS)

I think if I scratch my brain I could find a few more things to add to the list of what we have to keep an eye on. I know tracking your swing timer should be in that list, somewhere at the top, but as of now, I haven't found a way to track efficiently, so how do you all do it? (just the WA? sound ques?)

Cheers,

Protozoid-Silvermoon

I changed the WeakAura by Marok, Macrologia etc. to show a red square background behind my Thunderclap and Revenge Icons like so:

Here's my modified version in case anyone is interested: http://pastebin.com/kdYJZinf

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stallion View Post
    I changed the WeakAura by Marok, Macrologia etc. to show a red square background behind my Thunderclap and Revenge Icons like so
    This is exactly what i'm looking for. Tried to do it by myself for 1 hour yesterday, without such a result. Thanks mate.

Deleted
    I changed the WeakAura by Marok, Macrologia etc. to show a red square background behind my Thunderclap and Revenge Icons like so
    This WA is not working for me. It's just blank. What am I doing wrong? lol

Quote Originally Posted by oRuin View Post
    This WA is not working for me. It's just blank. What am I doing wrong? lol
    It is blank until it "procs". If you want to move it around and see how it will look, you have to temporarily change the default color under the Display tap to something not "invisible" (pick any color and adjust the right slider for the alpha, so it's visible). Then when it is in place, you can turn it invisible again.

Does anyone know how to create the same condition (true/false for swing timer) in TellMeWhen?

Stallion - that's a great idea, I think it looks a lot better than mine and is much easier to use. Would definitely recommend something like that for people who use WAs to display their abilities rather than actionbars.
    Macrologia (expert on Protection Warrior and Guardian Druid)

Skyhold

Dreamgrove

Deleted
    I changed the WeakAura by Marok, Macrologia etc. to show a red square background behind my Thunderclap and Revenge Icons like so:

Here's my modified version in case anyone is interested: http://pastebin.com/kdYJZinf
    Thanks for this, however got a question, I use auras a bit differently. This Revenge aura for example (http://pastebin.com/XzwngRum) will show when it passes these 4 triggers:
    1. Revenge is not free
    2. Vengeance: Revenge is up
    3. Revenge is off CD
    4. I have 35 rage or more.

I was wondering if it's possible to merge the Devastator Aura with it. As in, show it in normal colors as usual (which is basicly white), but it desaturates (black and white) when I could use it (it passes the 4 triggers) but the logic behind the devastator aura tells me to wait. This would really help me with mastering my protection warrior!

I was wondering if something like this is possible?
    Last edited by mmoc8504677281; 2017-01-14 at 02:06 PM.

Deleted

Those auras look nice and clean. got a download link?

Deleted
    Stallion - Ive just tested your WA, technically it works but did you have volontary change those lines :
    aura_env.timeBefore = 0.2
    aura_env.timeAfter = 0.2

The red alert is displayed much less often than the original version of Macrologia.

Also, how can you change the alpha of the red square ? Mine is full so i can't see my revenge and TC button while its active.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I recognized the same.
    Had both WAs active and the one from the google doc was way more often red then this one.

So which one is correct? To be honest, playing with this one feels much better as you don't have to wait so many times.
    Nanoxia Deep Silence 5 Rev.B|ASRock Z97 Extreme4|i7-4790K|HR-02 Macho|G.Skill TridentX 2x8GB|Sapphire Nitro+ Vega 64|250GB+64GB+1TB SSD|4TB HDD|Seasonic Ultra Prime Gold 1000W|Corsair Scimitar Pro+Razer Sphex|Logitech G910+|LG 34UC88-B|2x iiyama Prolite XUB2792QSU-B1|Beyerdynamics DT990 Pro+AntLion ModMic 4|Thrustmaster T500RS+TH8A

Oh, the aura_env.timeBefore and aura_env.timeAfter = 0.2 were from an old version. You should get the new one which is red a lot more, yes. The old one is wrong, don't use it.

Bear in mind, you should only use the WA for survivability - if you're playing for DPS, just ignore it and don't wait (there probably is an optimal time to wait but it's quite short, and it's certainly a lot shorter than what the WA says).

You can't just change them to what is in the new WA though, because the new WA is 0.05 and 0.9999; but now they are in multiples of the gcd, whereas beforehand they were in seconds.

Skyhold

Dreamgrove

Oh yeah, sorry, I missed the update to the original WA. But I switched to using a customized version with a swing timer today which you can get here: https://wago.io/V1MvNt48M

The current version in the link is up to date for maximum survivability with 0.05/0.999 timings but under previous versions you can also download version 1 which has 0.05/0.3 as timings. I think that might be more dps than not waiting at all but I'm not sure either.
    @j0ust : Sure, I just uploaded it along with the WA for Vengeance Tracking that I use right below the Rotation icons here https://wago.io/41-LsiEUf. The Shield Block and Intercept CD WA can also be found on my wago profile as well as the Ignore Pain / Prydaz absorb bar above my HP bar whose length correlates with the strength of the combined absorb (not visible = 0 absorb, as long as HP = absorb as much as I have max hp).

Deleted
    Thanks man, appreciated. Nice work btw

v1 and v1.1 had 0.2 and 0.2 (in seconds), v1.2-3 has 0.05 and 0.9999 (in fractions of a GCD)

Where did 0.05 and 0.3 come from?

Skyhold

Dreamgrove

Quote Originally Posted by Lysozyme View Post
    v1 and v1.1 had 0.2 and 0.2 (in seconds), v1.2-3 has 0.05 and 0.9999 (in fractions of a GCD)

Where did 0.05 and 0.3 come from?
    I just made them up. I guess 0.05 is fine as long as you hit SS right before using another ability in case you get a proc at the last 0.05s before the gcd ends. 0.3 just seemed like a good option that is a bit more offensive.

Deleted
    Works really well, appreciate the effort

10+ Year Old Account

Fantastic WA - you're doing Odyn's work.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lysozyme View Post
    Bear in mind, you should only use the WA for survivability - if you're playing for DPS, just ignore it and don't wait (there probably is an optimal time to wait but it's quite short, and it's certainly a lot shorter than what the WA says).
    I would say this probably needs to be shouted from the hilltops until it has sunk in to the community's hivemind.

7+ Year Old Account
    Hmm dont work for me, maybe cause german ui language? Or where comesthe buttons from
    Last edited by Developer; 2017-01-18 at 07:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a little swing timer, coming from Quartz, I think.

It's just a small bar, which fills up between my auto hits. Anyway, after playing for years you kind of get a feeling for your autohits, especially after Blizzard changed one-handed attack speed to 2,6. We used to have 1,6 and 2,6 earlier.
    We are as God intended. Fallible, yet capable of great things.