Deleted

Interested in Balance.

I'm a long time player of WoW but have always focused on Hunters. I just loathe cast times and prefer high mobility. Now that we have AR 20 straight off I actually started leveling another hunter and then thought, why not a druid? I like the druid's theme and their shape shifting is pretty sweet.

How is a Balance druid with this new patch? I was browsing their spells and a number of them were instant which seems to hint that if there is a need to move there is something that can be used.
    Last edited by mmocb0599ef382; 2017-01-13 at 12:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuuda View Post
    I'm a long time player of WoW but have always focused on Hunters. I just loathe cast times and prefer high mobility. Now that we have AR 20 straight off I actually started leveling another hunter and then thought, why not a druid? I like the druid's theme and their shape shifting is pretty sweet.

How is a Balance druid with this new patch? I was browsing their spells and a number of them were instant which seems to hint that if there is a need to move there is something that can be used.
    Hunters are still the most mobile ranged, maybe you should try bm? As it is right now its close/above MM in nighthold depending on the fights. Balance is still a specc where you need to stand still and cast to build astral power, which can then be used on the move, but theres no such thing as running all over the place casting instants unless you're multidotting

Deleted
    don't do it.

playing balance is admitting you hate yourself and want to experience patch after patch of disappointment.

For AoE you are pretty mobile because you will have SF up most of the time which allows you to cast while moving. On single target you are basically a turret and you have to plan ahead and pool AP for movement to dump on SS.

The class is somewhat fun in most areas of gameplay, that includes questing and BGs. Since they buffed our AoE we are also useful in m+, so a very versatile specc. Also as a druid you always have the option to tank, heal or play melee/range depending on the needs of your raid and changing relative powers of specs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zephix View Post
    Hunters are still the most mobile ranged, maybe you should try bm? As it is right now its close/above MM in nighthold depending on the fights. Balance is still a specc where you need to stand still and cast to build astral power, which can then be used on the move, but theres no such thing as running all over the place casting instants unless you're multidotting
    First off, just ignore that bit as hunters are anything but Mobile when you are playing the best spec which is MM. You're a damn turret.

Second, as someone that was a hunter till 3 days ago and now rerolled boomy (that was my alt for the past 4 months) I can say its great. AoE is better then my hunter now, single target a LOT better and I bring so much more to the raid (mythic+). Also if you time your movement with reapliing your dots and casting star surge then its a 0 dps loss.

Deleted
    I'm actually playing BM. I'm fine with it. Numbers are currently down but tuning was announced. I'm not after changing mains, it is just a question about boomkins, mobility and ramp up. Demo warlock when I tried at the start of Legion had lots of ramp up and couldn't move, like, at all. It soured me off the class.