Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Is it better to hold onto free Starfalls from Oneth's in order to maintain higher Stellar Empowerment uptime or use them as soon as possible to fish for more procs?

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post

Goroth though, definitely an ED-friendly fight. Possibly also Demonic Inquisition (since hell there's more periods where you have to ST over 2-target; that fight's really annoying and very LATC-unfriendly during the "don't touch me" abilities).
    Current dots do not proc torment, and in normal I would even put Starfall down after the "aoe don't touch" abilities and I don't think I gained torment. Maybe just once for the application. Either way not a big determent that forced you to go into the cage to clear.

You'd want to be cleave spec for this fight and use LoTC.

Quote Originally Posted by Myztikrice View Post
    Is it better to hold onto free Starfalls from Oneth's in order to maintain higher Stellar Empowerment uptime or use them as soon as possible to fish for more procs?
    Personally I always dump them so a chance at a future proc is not wasted, but prolong the dump as long as possible (get to near full astral bar), so if you don't get a proc again soon you have higher uptime on empowerment.

When not using ED for single target (using OI and IFE) is it best to:

Build to 90+ astral power > SS > LS > SW repeat until out of astral power while using OI procs immediately (saving a proc for movement if needed).

Seems the best way to always cast with empowerment without overwriting OI procs?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by joltcola1234 View Post
    When not using ED for single target (using OI and IFE) is it best to:

Build to 90+ astral power > SS > LS > SW repeat until out of astral power while using OI procs immediately (saving a proc for movement if needed).

Seems the best way to always cast with empowerment without overwriting OI procs?
    Correct, your goal is to maximise stellar empowerment uptime subject to not capping AP, not wasting empowerments and not overwriting OI procs. Thus, the best strategy is to 1) use OI procs immediately if no starfall is already down, 2) build AP while waiting to use the next OI proc, and 3) Starsurge while an OI proc is up only if casting SW will waste AP.

So it is worth wasting potential procs to keep a higher uptime of Stellar Empowerment?

Not what anyone said: they said you should hold off using it til you'd be wasting AP if u don't - that is, if you have starfall procc up and are at 100asp, with a full duration starfall up - you use it b4 you pop your SS.

Deleted
    Slippy, I'm not sure if this question was already asked, tried to look for it but did not find anything:

When would it be worth to replace T19 parts with higher Ilvl items(in case you are not lucky with WF/TF)? Got like a T19 905 Cloak and 910 Shoulders. Would two items 930+ be better than the set bonus? Thanks a lot in advance!

That would probably be quite even in terms of dps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyandalii View Post
    Slippy, I'm not sure if this question was already asked, tried to look for it but did not find anything:

When would it be worth to replace T19 parts with higher Ilvl items(in case you are not lucky with WF/TF)? Got like a T19 905 Cloak and 910 Shoulders. Would two items 930+ be better than the set bonus? Thanks a lot in advance!
    For individual choices like that, I would definitely sim yourself to check!

Quote Originally Posted by foibooze View Post
    Not what anyone said: they said you should hold off using it til you'd be wasting AP if u don't - that is, if you have starfall procc up and are at 100asp, with a full duration starfall up - you use it b4 you pop your SS.
    How is that not what anyone is talking about? From your last sentence you're saying that it is not worth wasting potential procs. You're acting like I'm asking if Starfall does AoE damage. Just because my question might be contradicted by the correct answer doesn't mean it's not 'what anyone is talking about.'

How is that not what anyone is talking about? From your last sentence you're saying that it is not worth wasting potential procs. You're acting like I'm asking if Starfall does AoE damage. Just because my question might be contradicted by the correct answer doesn't mean it's not 'what anyone is talking about.'
    You asked if the answers supplied meant it was worth it to waste a procc, I said that generally wasn't what they were saying. By holding off using the procc, building AP instead of using another SS to waste a possible procc is what they said(?) - that is if you already have a SF active for empowerment. And if all you read from my post was "SF deals dmg" then I dunno what to tell you.

(cursive answers the 'question' you asked me)

Slippy's last post on this very subject said the same thing and you asked him later if that meant it was worth it wasting proccs to enlongen your stellar empowerment uptime. Something which would obviously depend on how long you'd hold off using it - limit being when you'd start capping your asp at the latest.
    Last edited by foibooze; 2017-06-23 at 08:21 PM.

Would it be possible to go with both legendary ( new one and IFE ) rings and somehow take advantage in MT fights?

Quote Originally Posted by foibooze View Post
    You asked if the answers supplied meant it was worth it to waste a procc, I said that generally wasn't what they were saying. By holding off using the procc, building AP instead of using another SS to waste a possible procc is what they said(?) - that is if you already have a SF active for empowerment. And if all you read from my post was "SF deals dmg" then I dunno what to tell you.

(cursive answers the 'question' you asked me)

Slippy's last post on this very subject said the same thing and you asked him later if that meant it was worth it wasting proccs to enlongen your stellar empowerment uptime. Something which would obviously depend on how long you'd hold off using it - limit being when you'd start capping your asp at the latest.
    You saved a SF proc and are now at 100 AsP. You use the proc and it procs a free Starsurge, which procs another free SF. Do you use the second OI proc to overwrite Stellar Empowerment or cast Starsurges until Starfall finishes its duration?

You saved a SF proc and are now at 100 AsP. You use the proc and it procs a free Starsurge, which procs another free SF. Do you use the second OI proc to overwrite Stellar Empowerment or cast Starsurges until Starfall finishes its duration?
    Burn the OI proc after you're capped on Astral power again, which is exactly what Slippy said here...

Quote Originally Posted by Slippykins View Post
    Correct, your goal is to maximise stellar empowerment uptime subject to not capping AP, not wasting empowerments and not overwriting OI procs. Thus, the best strategy is to 1) use OI procs immediately if no starfall is already down, 2) build AP while waiting to use the next OI proc, and 3) Starsurge while an OI proc is up only if casting SW will waste AP.

To reiterate Slippy, it's a simple value system; Astral power > Nuke empowerments > OI procs > Stellar empowerment uptime.

If you have to sacrifice one damage source to maximise another then you sacrifice them in this order; Stellar empowerment uptime, OI procs, Nuke empowerments and you never sacrifice Astral power for anything.

Also am I the only one who reads 'SF' as 'Starfire' instead of 'Starfall'? -.-

As Mew already said now - you're at the exact same position as b4, so spend it..

I've seen some good logs on Demonic Inquisition using Stellar Flare. I'm assuming they picked StFl because the bosses were too far apart for Starfall to hit both. Do you guys think a high mastery Stellar Flare/SS/SD build using LatC and the Soul ring for high Starfall uptime would be decent? I see that Stellar Flare isn't that far behind Incarnation single target.

If one were to use this build, do you think 100% Stellar Empowerment uptime would be more important than Starsurge? For example maintaining Starfall and only using excess AP on surge.

Quote Originally Posted by GFK283 View Post
    I've seen some good logs on Demonic Inquisition using Stellar Flare. I'm assuming they picked StFl because the bosses were too far apart for Starfall to hit both.
    Wouldn't that defeat the purpose of using StFl if you can't Starfall? Also I've had no issues hitting both targets. Bad tanks perhaps?
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Wouldn't that defeat the purpose of using StFl if you can't Starfall? Also I've had no issues hitting both targets. Bad tanks perhaps?
    When i saw Sota and Inquisition i tought that StFl could be viable, but i guess latest in mythic thats gone again.

I'm not sure why our tanks had the bosses on opposite sides of the room. Maybe they were worried about melee standing in the whirlwind or something. I tried stellar flare , ss and SD with lady and oi and did over 1 million. I think it works because dot ticks don't seem to increase your torment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GFK283 View Post
    I'm not sure why our tanks had the bosses on opposite sides of the room. Maybe they were worried about melee standing in the whirlwind or something. I tried stellar flare , ss and SD with lady and oi and did over 1 million. I think it works because dot ticks don't seem to increase your torment.
    Yeah correct DoT ticks don't. The best strategy is for your guild to keep the bosses stacked, and only separate when one boss does his channel. This way, a full-cleave build should be the dominant choice. In the top 100 logs, only 4 Boomkins took StFl, and the best log with StFl was Gebuz at 74th. This log did roughy 12% less damage than the top log running LatC/SotA + Incarnation for the free SotF. I would say StFl has been chosen this week for experimentation, but will not see play in progression.