Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Much appreciated Slippy, you the man

Thanks a lot, especially because you also include numbers without legendaries (which not all of us are blessed with).

Incredible analysis, thanks alot for sharing this.

Thanks for sharing the in-depth analysis, great work.
    I'm particularly interested in the legendary comparisons, as I have IFE/OI, looks like I should be a little less miffed at not having ED in 7.1.5

Also looks like I should try SL/Inc/SS/SD in raids (unless pure ST), but stick to FoN/SotF/SS/SD in M+, correct?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by boz0 View Post
    Also looks like I should try SL/Inc/SS/SD in raids (unless pure ST), but stick to FoN/SotF/SS/SD in M+, correct?
    Solid plan. I used SL/Inc/SS/SD tonight on Helya with ED/OI and it worked pretty well. I'm looking for more priority target damage with this build.

Quote Originally Posted by Slippykins View Post
    Solid plan. I used SL/Inc/SS/SD tonight on Helya with ED/OI and it worked pretty well. I'm looking for more priority target damage with this build.
    Do you feel that SD is gonna be used on all fights where it is not just single target? At what point would it be better to run SS and SD on fights that have single target, but only sometimes 2 targets, like Odyn

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MV Kaa View Post
    Do you feel that SD is gonna be used on all fights where it is not just single target? At what point would it be better to run SS and SD on fights that have single target, but only sometimes 2 targets, like Odyn
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post44186792

It really depends, but I would say if you're looking at a mixture of ST with some 2-target cleave, BotA is probably going to be the best for AP generation. SD crosses over at about 20% 2-target cleave uptime.

Quote Originally Posted by Slippykins View Post
    It really depends, but I would say if you're looking at a mixture of ST with some 2-target cleave, BotA is probably going to be the best for AP generation. SD crosses over at about 20% 2-target cleave uptime.
    Even with the radius increase, I don't think you can cover both Hyrja and Hymdall with Starfall, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by boz0 View Post
    Even with the radius increase, I don't think you can cover both Hyrja and Hymdall with Starfall, right?
    Nah, Odyn is a DoT-cleave fight anyway, not a cleave one.

This is really great work. Thanks for the time and effort.

Probably worth noting in all this that once you get the Nighthold 4set any SS/SD build becomes weaker compared to the normal ST build.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    Probably worth noting in all this that once you get the Nighthold 4set any SS/SD build becomes weaker compared to the normal ST build.
    Yep, definitely. Any build that will use Starfall will see less benefit from the 4pc. I think it's important to note that it also means ED users will switch to a cleave build even less than what the analysis on page 2 implies. An SD build is still appropriate in those cases, just means your ST inbetween cleave phases will be fairly strong.

With respect to the WoE/SotF/SS/SD build, what is the optimal rotation in Mythic+ to quickly get SFs going? Dots up, WoE, LS, LS, LS, SF? Can you explain more about AP pooling. Why would I not just dump all my AP into SF as soon as I can?

Also I tried the WoE build a few times in lower level mythics. It seems that for movement heavy bosses, that build is very competitive with the pure ST build, for example if you're doing the light on Cordana or with Volcanoe affix.

Also what is the best AP builder? SW or LS?
    Last edited by beaver1024; 2017-01-17 at 04:09 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beaver1024 View Post
    With respect to the WoE/SotF/SS/SD build, what is the optimal rotation in Mythic+ to quickly get SFs going? Dots up, WoE, LS, LS, LS, SF? Can you explain more about AP pooling. Why would I not just dump all my AP into SF as soon as I can?

Also I tried the WoE build a few times in lower level mythics. It seems that for movement heavy bosses, that build is very competitive with the pure ST build, for example if you're doing the light on Cordana or with Volcanoe affix.
    AP pooling isn't as relevant in m+ as it is in raid. What is AP pooling? It's where you deliberately just stock up on 100 AP in anticipation of a burst cleave phase. Usually you will AP pool during ST, then dump it all once adds spawn (think Helya and slimes from breath). This allows you to maximise your damage on the adds, which is a more efficient use of your AP.

For trash, AP pooling is rarely relevant because you're always cleaving. So using Starfall whenever you have 40 AP is already the most efficient use of your AP.

And yeah your rotation looks good.

Quote Originally Posted by beaver1024 View Post

Also what is the best AP builder? SW or LS?
    I always keep enough AP pooled for me to be able to use a starfall immediately when engaging the next trash pack, this way you dont have to build your AP from scratch at every pack. Works wonders for me.

Is it correct that Starfall affects SF/MF regardless of whether which is cast first?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Weissrolf View Post
    Is it correct that Starfall affects SF/MF regardless of whether which is cast first?
    Correct. /10char

Nice work!

Do you happen to have a rundown of what specs to use on the bosses in Nighthold?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogooder View Post
    Nice work!

Do you happen to have a rundown of what specs to use on the bosses in Nighthold?
    Nope, but I wanted to leave that open-ended for other Boomkins. I've presented when and where talents are good, so it's up to the player to figure out how they'll apply themselves.

Short answer: SL/Inc/SS/SD is going to be pretty strong.

Deleted
    I like how you presented your data and derive conclusions from it, it is really well structured, great work.

Any chance you could share your simulationcraft scripts and the excel spreadsheet with the raw data to reproduce those graphs?