Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by joltcola1234 View Post
    I managed to grab the 2pc tier 20 tonight - the 130 astral power is nice

Is it still optimal to build up to 120+ astral power before using Starsurge?

Using a lot more SW and LS that are unempowered now that I have 130 AP

I'm using OI and IFE for most fights
    Anyone confirm?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by joltcola1234 View Post
    Anyone confirm?
    The benefit from building AP before using Starsurge is only to mitigate movement DPS losses.

Quote Originally Posted by Slippykins View Post
    The benefit from building AP before using Starsurge is only to mitigate movement DPS losses.
    So is there no point really building beyond 100 AP unless it's to account for movement? If so that's kind of disappointing

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it better to build high ap(even by casting unempowered spells) then ss for as many 4set stacks asap over casting
    As you build ap... Does downtime but more uptime with high stacks outweigh overall uptime, even if it's only 3 or 6%? Obviously saving ap to dump when adds spawn in win, but in general, say for single target.
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

Quote Originally Posted by xtramuscle View Post
    Is it better to build high ap(even by casting unempowered spells) then ss for as many 4set stacks asap over casting
    As you build ap... Does downtime but more uptime with high stacks outweigh overall uptime, even if it's only 3 or 6%? Obviously saving ap to dump when adds spawn in win, but in general, say for single target.
    It doesn't make sense to me to go extended periods of time without at least a stack or two of the haste buff, unless you have CDs coming up. The first and second stacks last a long time, for little AP cost.

Instead I'd evaluate whether or not to build a 4th or 5th stack, depending on how much time is left on the buff.
    Last edited by earthwormjim; 2017-07-07 at 06:23 AM.

Without an OI proc or the extra AP from Incarn I usually find it's best to only shoot for 4 stacks

So how good/bad is Radiant Moonlight? I tested it on a dummy for a while and was a little surprised at how it worked. I could New Moon, Half Moon, Full Moon and you'd think you'd be waiting on the recharge to fire off the 2nd Full Moon but it is ready to fire back to back. So it feels good firing off 4 moon spells for the AP and quite nice damage with double Full Moon. Where would you guys use this legendary? I'm hard pressed to say it would be good for M+ because Oi/Lady is so nice for me. Or am I actually wrong and it is far better than I first thought because of the AP generation and damage.

World PvP/ganking is where the sweet spot's at with Radiant Moonlight I'd say :P

It doesn't seem as good as getting an extra use of Incarnation from IFE or being even moderately successful with Oneth procs (forget being lucky) and it cuts into our ability to use 2pc T19 so it's kind of fallen onto the wayside. I like it too and before 2pc when using it I was always capping on AP and empowerments so maybe with the 2pc it can be better.
    Last edited by Myztikrice; 2017-07-09 at 08:25 PM.

I just got T20 4pc yesterday and can say I quite enjoy the interaction of the design. Trying to burst to 3-4 stacks of the buff as soon as it resets then delay use of SS/Starfall right before the debuff fades (without capping AP) is an interesting playstyle. It's also fun to get lucky chain with OI procs and you get to 5 stacks nearly instantly.

Not exactly sure how much DPS you gain doing this method over just ignoring the mechanic and using SS/Starfall freely. I imagine it equates to an average of 3-6% higher haste. So maybe 25-40k DPS?

Deleted
    I like using Radiant Moonlight in EN normal/HC because the fights are over pretty much after I get my 4 Incarnation-full moons off.

Think I went up about 70-80k dps with 4set and at the same time just ignoring my ED buff - making sure I don't cap empowerments that's it =/ Does NOT make me feel warm and fuzzy =(

Quote Originally Posted by foibooze View Post
    Think I went up about 70-80k dps with 4set and at the same time just ignoring my ED buff - making sure I don't cap empowerments that's it =/ Does NOT make me feel warm and fuzzy =(
    Have you checked how often you dropped the ED buff?

Ran with OI and simply didn't care to monitor it at all so with proccs and stuff used on top of not really caring I can only imagine it must've dropped down to a ~50% uptime from 75-80+ I'll do 'real' testing when I have time but was just amazed over the fact that I can p much just drop ED for ST now by the feel of it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kluian05 View Post
    I just got T20 4pc yesterday and can say I quite enjoy the interaction of the design. Trying to burst to 3-4 stacks of the buff as soon as it resets then delay use of SS/Starfall right before the debuff fades (without capping AP) is an interesting playstyle. It's also fun to get lucky chain with OI procs and you get to 5 stacks nearly instantly.

Not exactly sure how much DPS you gain doing this method over just ignoring the mechanic and using SS/Starfall freely. I imagine it equates to an average of 3-6% higher haste. So maybe 25-40k DPS?
    This! The interaction between OI and 4pc is actually really fun to play with - first single target fight after getting 4pc t20 made me go completely from "fuck i hate my class on ST" to "holy shit i love being a chicken! BWUARK!".