Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippykins View Post
    I've asked my guild to public log but they still don't want to. Their reasoning is that it promotes individual decision-making at the expense of the group.
    LOL. Fair enough. I've raided in guilds ranked world ~200 and all logs were public. I joined a guild at the start of Legion who were ranked about world 500th and they made a big point that all logs had to be private because they didn't want others stealing their strats/checking the logs. I stopped raiding with them very shortly after.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerGamez View Post
    LOL. Fair enough. I've raided in guilds ranked world ~200 and all logs were public. I joined a guild at the start of Legion who were ranked about world 500th and they made a big point that all logs had to be private because they didn't want others stealing their strats/checking the logs. I stopped raiding with them very shortly after.
    Yeah same. I raided with AK previously and all logs were public after the first kill.
    <Adorable> - OCE 16, US 93
    Slippykins - Armory - Logs - Wowprog

Boomkin Theorycrafting (updated for 7.2.5) -- linky

Quote Originally Posted by Nakloh View Post
    Elune boots' effect should be baseline.
    Well there's a perfect spot on the trait tree called Touch of the Shit that could be replaced with literally anything at this point. Would be nice if it made Barkskin worth a damn at least... Still in shock they buffed W&W within a few days of it going live, but TotS is still liquid diarrhea.

I've asked my guild to public log but they still don't want to. Their reasoning is that it promotes individual decision-making at the expense of the group.
    ??? Individual decision-making on the part of people NOT in your raid? Who cares about randos?

I'll never really understand the point of private logs, granted I've never been in a super hardcore guild.

I'm actually a Druid! I'm just too lazy to finish my new Avatar/Signature, rip!

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    ??? Individual decision-making on the part of people NOT in your raid? Who cares about randos?

I'll never really understand the point of private logs, granted I've never been in a super hardcore guild.
    No, individual decision-making on the part of raid members - it's a common thing I've seen in guilds before actually. Usually (I don't know about current sites tbf), private logs aren't ranked. Basically the thought process is if logs are public, people will try to parse (make decisions that benefit themselves, even if it hurts the group), by keeping them private, parses aren't a thing, so people will focus more on actually contributing in a meaningful way as opposed to just trying to parse. At least that's the theory behind it.

I find it a bit odd you lumped together parsing 90+ percentile and doing shitty mechanics. You're not getting a 90+ parse soaking the farthest swirly on Krosus or out of the way cakes on Trilliax, and other specs can do those things anyways without completing tanking their DPS like Moonkins. So all we're left with is healing people when they're out of range of healers, which is ultimately just an organization issue

Standard deviation of specs on a given fight has more inputs than just ST/AoE DPS balance. There's a plethora of other inputs that go into that, so it's not a valid proxy for spec balance.

If my mythic logs were public then you could test that hypothesis.

Don't need your logs with the plethora of data available its not to hard to pull a hypothesis from the given data set of thousands of parses. unless you have found a way, a rotation, a style of doing damage that no other moonkin has, your logs are going to support the already overwhelming hypothesis already published.

- - - Updated - - -

it also promotes poaching.
    even with my "meh" healing logs i get approached all the time from other guilds trying to recruit because of the logs they saw. i can only imagine when playing at a higher level

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Myztikrice View Post
    I find it a bit odd you lumped together parsing 90+ percentile and doing shitty mechanics. You're not getting a 90+ parse soaking the farthest swirly on Krosus or out of the way cakes on Trilliax, and other specs can do those things anyways without completing tanking their DPS like Moonkins. So all we're left with is healing people when they're out of range of healers, which is ultimately just an organization issue
    or the one i find the best

killing a 6 minute boss in 3m 25s....and getting that 99% parse, they saying the spec is fine on that fight cause you got 99%