your favorite type of horror flick?

So what's your favorite horror sub genre? I prefer paranormal satanic ones. recently watched "the autopsy of jane doe." It was pretty good.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    Something similar to "It follows". That movie was creepy as hell without the jump scares and a lot of times used background imagery or such to instill dread.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

Quote Originally Posted by Assbandit View Post
    Something similar to "It follows". That movie was creepy as hell without the jump scares and a lot of times used background imagery or such to instill dread.
    Check out "Always Watching: A marble hornets story." It has slenderman in it.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I dislike constant jump scare and really obvious types of Horror, they bore me. My favourite are the ones that actually make you feel uncomfortable. Not like scares but like a deeper nauseating dread. Like the Omen movies or The Thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    I used to LOVE the old Marble Hornets YouTube stuff, but the ending was... Shit. Is this related/better?

As for my horror of choice, I love the super tense stuff, lots of implied horror but very little actual gore. Recent favourited are Sinister, (Sinister 2 was a bit of a letdown) and... I can't remember what it was called, but the whole film was shot in a Group Call on Skype, where a mysterious "Ghost" in the group started fucking everything up for everyone.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    Will definitely look it up. Been wanting to see a good take on the slenderman creepypasta as I enjoyed "Slender: The arrival" when it came out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    I used to LOVE the old Marble Hornets YouTube stuff, but the ending was... Shit. Is this related/better?

As for my horror of choice, I love the super tense stuff, lots of implied horror but very little actual gore. Recent favourited are Sinister, (Sinister 2 was a bit of a letdown) and... I can't remember what it was called, but the whole film was shot in a Group Call on Skype, where a mysterious "Ghost" in the group started fucking everything up for everyone.
    Same here. I enjoyed the Babadook when they were implying he was always around and the book scenes were pretty creepy. Kind of went downhill when they actually showed him but I can appreciate the ending and what parallels it was drawing to grief.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

I prefer something with an actual monster or physical antagonist, like Aliens or Freddy Krueger, Predator, etc ... instead of the absolute tripe currently, ghosts...

That, and psychological horrors.

I'm not a fan generally of horror but the ones I do like are suspense/psychological rather than gorey or jump scares. Identity is one of my favorites.

10+ Year Old Account
    I prefer psychological horror rather than jump scares because jump scares are usually really easy to spot before they happen.

Anything Hammer Horror or silent German stuff. I love that kind of thing.

Nosferatu, Faust, Cabinet of Dr Caligari and Head of Janus to name a few of my favorites.

Only really enjoy horror with actual monsters, especially where the monster can be killed - like in The Thing or Alien - but where the people threatened by it aren't in a position to reasonably do so. Bonus if they don't fail because they're retarded but because the monster is so horrible.

Well, I also enjoy movies with lovecraftian monsters. Like Event Horizon or In the Mouth of Madness - two of my favourite movies. Big plus if the monster fucks with reality on such a spectacular level the character's don't understand what's going on at all. Huge minus points if nobody but the main characters seem affected.

I like supernatural but well grounded ones.

What turns me off is cheap scares like zooming in on an actor's cheek with violins playing off-tune and then boom the scary guy becomes visible.

Not a big fan of horror-horror at all, but I like stuff like It Follows. Stories that center around a creature which embodies a certain type of horror in a really cool and creative way. I also like when they have a lot of mythology and worldbuilding behind it, although that's rare to see in a horror movie, since most horror is pretty small-scale and low-budget. I think I would like to see a big-budget horror movie that creates an entire interesting world that's unsettling and terrifying.

I like all variations on the genre- Horror in general being my favorite genre.

In no particular order my favorites would be: Occult, Giallo and Madness.

I am usually put off by; Comedy, Body and Animal horror films. Although that is not to say that I dislike all Comedy, Body and Animal horror films- Evil Dead, Night Breed and Jaws are some of my favorites, for example.

Largely indifferent to Creature Feature horror films unless they have cross over with things like Gore, Gothic, etc.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2017-01-14 at 03:39 PM. Reason: typo

10+ Year Old Account
    I like sci-fi (Alien), slasher (Scream, Friday the 13th, Halloween, Freddy etc), good comedy (Zombieland). Am like Fencers, favorite genre is horror. Paranormal/Supernatural are okay tend to be my lesser liked horrors. Though Conjuring 2 was very good, and looking forward to Anabelle 2. Okay i like everything horror.
    Last edited by Crackleslap; 2017-01-14 at 02:29 PM.