Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Mythic+: Are most DPS clueless about pulling?

Hi!

So I just did a MoS Mythic 10 with Teeming/Skittish/Fortified. With these affixes I go easy on the pulls, and if the DPS is high enough we can 3 chest it. However this Shaman wanted me to "PULL MORE!!!!!", all 3 DPS were from the same guild so I thought they would probably know what they are doing. I said "Are you sure?". He said "YEEES". He seemed angry. I was against it at first but since he sounded so confident I gave it a try (the 2 packs right before first boss). We obviously wiped shortly after. After this wipe he said something like "It's easy if you hold aggro". I was about to smash my head into my keyboard

At the end of the dungeon this very same shaman was last on DPS (360k), while I as a protection warrior was second (420k). The other 2 guildmembers of him didn't say anything at all in the entire dungeon (I think they understood you can't masspull).

My question is if most DPS don't know what is safe to pull and what is not? That they don't understand with certain affixes (it's like one of the worst weeks for mass pulling) you just can't masspull? How to deal with them, just ignore em?

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    The moral of the story: dont listen to bottom DPS.

Playing both dps and tank this expansion my advice is to keep your cool and pull as much as you feel comfortable. Maybe the comp you are running at that moment has a strong cleave but m+ still offers more leeway for the players who are playing causally and not the reckless ones.

Just link them these meme and go back to doing your job how YOU know it's supposed to be done.

You're the tank. You set the pace. Most DPS are too afraid to even try tanking and have never done it, and don't even begin to know how it works. They're always going to so "GO GO GO!" because they're only thinking about their place on the meters and the ph4t lewtz they're going to get. Meanwhile, if ANYTHING goes wrong it's never their fault.

If you want to be REALLY polite and professional, simply state that you're going as fast as you think you can handle. Or if you're unsure, ask the HEALER if he wants you to go faster. That's your second opinion, not some random scrub dps.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2017-01-14 at 02:51 AM.

Fun fact @op - DPS in general get far far far fewer experience in M+ than tanks or healers. That's just due to the numbers.

For example - I only had my first experience in volcanic in Hov M+ a week ago, and it took a few trash pulls to get the hang of it.

Having said all that - isn't it normal for only the tank to pull stuff ?

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Having said all that - isn't it normal for only the tank to pull stuff ?
    "i sure would do alot more dps if we fought that pack over there aswell, wops missclick "
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Never listen to the DPS. Tank and pull what you feel comfortable pulling, not what any DPS ever tells you.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

Quote Originally Posted by Flatspriest View Post
    Never listen to the DPS. Tank and pull what you feel comfortable pulling, not what any DPS ever tells you.
    My experience over the 12 years I've played is that the plan is the tanks plan, I don't care if I have a better plan because - 5 people following a single bad plan will almost always do better than 5 people each following their own plan. Given the tank is the 'director' of the instance, it does fall on them to be the one with the plan.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by MithosX View Post
    How to deal with them, just ignore em?
    How do you deal with by far the vast majority of players being "clueless" ? I mean the specific situation shouldn't really matter - you ignore it and move on or pick up your chatban and move on.

To be fair it's ok to do big pulls pulls on bolstering as long as you are smart about it and get everything low before you start killing. For example, kill the non-elite birds in maw before grabbing elites as they will instantly die and give bolster stacks to everything at near full HP. That being said doing a pull like that on fortifide in a pug group probably wasn't the smartest judgement call on the Shamans part.

10+ Year Old Account
    Were any of the dps hunter/rogue? If no, you go REALLY slow with Skittish on high levels. A dps who says to pull a lot with Skittish is an idiot and should be ignored

What I like to do with retards like this if they keep being absolute bell ends is leave mid run and fuck their key. I'm a tank I don't give a shit, groups are a dime a dozen. You want to be a fuckwit you lose your key, end of story.

I like to think I'm educating the unwashed masses one key at a time.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

I'd rather take it slower and comfortably do it and get two chests than try to recklessly pull bigger packs to try and make the 3 chest timer, and end up failing 3 chest anyway. I play DPS. Melee DPS, on a class that is able to tank.

Tank dictates the run speed with the healer. DPS are just there for the ride. Tank pulls what he feels he can handle, or what the healer can keep him up through without ooming. If you aren't sure the healer can keep you up pull smaller, this is week is a shit week for AOE pulls.
    Last edited by Cernunnos; 2017-01-14 at 10:38 AM.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Flatspriest View Post
    Either they pulling to much or you're a shitcan tank. Not enough information to go on so i'll make the argument, depends on the skill of the players.
    Shadow Priest Wýcked <Incarnate> Nerzhul
    Death Knight Yzf <RX> Lethon
    Boomkin Yzf <Incarnate> Nerzhul

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    What I like to do with retards like this if they keep being absolute bell ends is leave mid run and fuck their key. I'm a tank I don't give a shit, groups are a dime a dozen. You want to be a fuckwit you lose your key, end of story.

I like to think you're uneducated and a sack of shite. Most tanks have this weird sense of grandeur as if their services aren't a dime a dozen, hence they decide to waste the time of four other people if one of those people annoys them minorly because they're slow as fuck and/or useless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adudu View Post
    I like to think you're uneducated and a sack of shite. Most tanks have this weird sense of grandeur as if their services aren't a dime a dozen, hence they decide to waste the time of four other people if one of those people annoys them minorly because they're slow as fuck and/or useless.
    I'm not saying he isn't an ass, but there's a reason tanks and healers get satchels for daily heroics, and dps don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    Well sadly enough reality is you can't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wycked View Post
    Either they pulling to much or you're a shitcan tank. Not enough information to go on so i'll make the argument, depends on the skill of the players.
    Well at least we know skittish shouldn't be much of an issue for the shaman

So the shammy died to aggro. Well that sounds like he dont know how to dps with skittish then. As a tank I dont mind doing big pulls with skittish as long as the dps knows how the mechanic works. You can easily pull big packs with skittish but dps has to wait a few seconds and dps has to do consistent aoe instead of big bursts.

Deleted
    Rofl i had a similiar experience yesterday in maw 12 with the same affixes except the opposite way around with me being over agressive as tank, i pulled all the trash up to boss, with a 890+ dps group dh/fire mage etc i had some work to do keeping aggro while not dieing spiking to 10% hp back and forth, we ended up only 2 chesting it due to some over optimistic trash pulls .

Quote Originally Posted by MithosX View Post
    Hi!

So I just did a MoS Mythic 10 with Teeming/Skittish/Fortified. With these affixes I go easy on the pulls, and if the DPS is high enough we can 3 chest it. However this Shaman wanted me to "PULL MORE!!!!!", all 3 DPS were from the same guild so I thought they would probably know what they are doing. I said "Are you sure?". He said "YEEES". He seemed angry. I was against it at first but since he sounded so confident I gave it a try (the 2 packs right before first boss). We obviously wiped shortly after. After this wipe he said something like "It's easy if you hold aggro". I was about to smash my head into my keyboard

At the end of the dungeon this very same shaman was last on DPS (360k), while I as a protection warrior was second (420k). The other 2 guildmembers of him didn't say anything at all in the entire dungeon (I think they understood you can't masspull).

My question is if most DPS don't know what is safe to pull and what is not? That they don't understand with certain affixes (it's like one of the worst weeks for mass pulling) you just can't masspull? How to deal with them, just ignore em?
    I play healer and I feel ya. Those kind of people are the ones who have never played a tank nor a healer. Cant be mad at them, they just dont know better.