Can we please get a blacklist function for Recent Forum Posts

Made this post else where, but I'll be asking it asking anyways as a suggestion;

Honestly fed up of seeing it being clogged up 24/7 with Trump related threads, and that's no exaggeration...

Press Forum Filters, uncheck General Off-Topic.

That has absolutely nothing to do with a blacklist... there are plenty of interesting topics found in the off-topic section that aren't related to Trump... :|

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    Press Forum Filters, uncheck General Off-Topic.
    Or at least whats new, with a filter and blacklist.

If we could filter things like religion, muslims, trump and so on, you modelators would also have way less work, since less people would get triggered by troll posts.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    Made this post else where, but I'll be asking it asking anyways as a suggestion;

Honestly fed up of seeing it being clogged up 24/7 with Trump related threads, and that's no exaggeration...
    These threads are ususally started by the same people though. Can't you just ignore them?

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    How is a blacklist different than ignore? Are you just looking to exclude certain words rather than posters?

*echo chamber intensifying*
    He's asking for threads with certain keywords to never feature in the recent posts for anybody.

I'm guessing it will never happen. Fewer people getting triggered = less clicks for the delicious ads.

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Protean View Post

I'm guessing it will never happen. Fewer people getting triggered = less clicks for the delicious ads.
    Bingo.

The mods here aren't going to cut off their own gravy train.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Protean View Post
    He's asking for threads with certain keywords to never feature in the recent posts for anybody.

Not "for anybody", my interpretation of the request is a personal blacklist. So for the person setting it up to prevent posts with keywords appearing on their own recent topics list.

Edit: Also, blocking certain threads that appear does next to nothing for the Ads. The Ads still appear having visited the site in the first place, and will still appear on any of the other threads that might show up in the recent list.
    Last edited by Sylreick; 2017-01-14 at 05:58 PM.
    "Believing something is not an accomplishment. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because “strength of belief” is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. Listen to any “die-hard” conservative or liberal talk about their deepest beliefs and you are listening to somebody who will never hear what you say on any matter that matters to them — unless you believe the same. Wherever there is a belief, there is a closed door."

I kinda feel like there should be like a "political news" board, just because it so completely dominates off-topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Rojaha View Post
    I kinda feel like there should be like a "political news" board, just because it so completely dominates off-topic.
    This, Trump and the US election bullshit could have their own major section and sub-section, it gets thousands more posts than all 12 video games in that section combined.

hell i think Trump threads have more posts than world of wacraft, this site is slowly becoming mmo-trumpion.

basically like OP i'd like to block all the political bullshit threads, but still enjoy off-topic, but when you see Recent Forum Posts, and 6 out of the 7 displayed have Trump in the title it's pretty sad.