Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Physical media for music

Do you still use physical media to listen to music? Like records or CDs. Maybe 8 tracks? Currently I'm not but I've been considering getting a record player. There's a store here in town that has a massive collection of records.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Got a record player and CD player for my collection. Walkman and MP3 for when I'm on the go. Bit of a Retro tech geek hence why I have a Walkman or even an MP3 player.

I do, but mostly because it feels good to watch my hoard grow. I can't even really play most of it outside of my car anymore, but I still like having stacks and stacks of music. That being said, I'm not a record guy, but my parents have like 2 dozen random artists (a fair amount of it is pop music from the 70s and 80s) sitting around in a closet somewhere, my dad had a couple hundred at one point, but a car crashed into his bedroom and destroyed most of them.

Deleted
    It happens yes

But then again, if you look at my avatar, i play guitar 'n' shit :P

I usually buy cds off of amazon. A lot of times it's cheaper than buying digital from Amazon almost always cheaper than iTunes plus I get a digital copy with the cd from Amazon.
    There are a million fine looking women in this world but not all of them will bring you lasagna at work. Most of them will just cheat on you.

No. Seems inconvenient.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    No. Seems inconvenient.
    It's not really about convenience some people like the sound of the music that comes from records.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

I still have a few vinyl CDs hanging around.

Tend to stream music more than purchase nowadays, though I used to buy it on physical media due to lack of storage space for digital.
    Digital for music tends to be very convenient due to the limited number of songs present on most physical media.
    Different for movies though, where the inconvenience is far less.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

I still buy CDs, yes.

No, my phone will do just fine.

I tend to prefer digital, far less clutter. far easier to get more hard drive space and to keep my files organised than physical space and organisation

10+ Year Old Account
    I have some CD's in my car because it's old and that's the only option that will work.

Other than that I stream all music, through reciever when I'm home and phone when I'm not.

10+ Year Old Account
    For most of the music, digital, but for the best music, I think having it in a collection is mandatory for optimal pleasure and satisfaction

10+ Year Old Account
    WTF is a CD?

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    WTF is a CD?
    seriously?

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    While I've stopped buying CDs and made the jump to digital music, I do still have a portable cd player and listen to some cds whenever I go out somewhere.
    I still want WoW's soundtracks, so I just buy the Digital deluxe edition and buy the OST from itunes.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

Last year I had a new system installed in my pickup. The deck is radio/mp3 with no slot for a CD. I almost only use my little generic mp3 player plugged into the front usb port. In hindsight I think I would like to have the ability to play cds.
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

I only have vinyl records for those albums I consider exceptional or remarkable in some manner. Never buy physical media aside from the occasional used book.

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I still love listening to my vinyl records and going through music stores and looking through the record collections. Its just a bit too $$.

Most of my CD collection is now available on apple music or spotify, so my CDs are gathering dust. I wont get get rid of them though but I'm getting more and more tempted to throw out the CD cases and just keep the disk / book.