Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gohzerlock View Post
    They even took out the honor talent version.
    Maybe we'll get it back in 7.2 or 7.2.5 as baseline spell.
    They will call "improvement", but that's what Blizzard does since years, they'll cut basic stuff, bring it back and call it "new, better and only for 39,99!".
    Same with taking away Demonic Circle, Burning Rush and GoSac abilities and calling them "options" by making them talents, which was a lazy and dumb move if you ask me, especially with Demonic Circle which was baseline since BC and only gave you movement if you pre-placed it.
    Last edited by Walrock; 2017-01-16 at 08:51 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    loving the fact that in PvP, Demo Drain Life heals for a substantially larger amount than Aff Drain Soul.

Good times.
    Part of the reason must surely be that Malefic Grasp hugely buffs Siphon Life. But yes, Drain Soul on it's own does much less healing; it does about the same damage as the old Drain Life, but the healing return was nerfed from 600% to 260% (with all artifact traits)

Previously Drain Soul did 400%, which was the same healing as Drain Life because Drain Soul had a lot more baseline damage.

I don't care about any minor nerfs/buffs I care far more about my spec being enjoyable with utility:

Place me middle of the pack with all 3 specs in terms of tuning but give me:

1. shadowburn baseline for destro
    2. complete demon rework and demon form back. This stationary monstrosity we call demonology is the first time since vanilla demon hasn't been my favorite spec.

Edit: We warlocks should all be furious with the current state of demonology. We were failed this expansion purely based off this re-work.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardio32 View Post
    I don't care about any minor nerfs/buffs I care far more about my spec being enjoyable with utility:

Place me middle of the pack with all 3 specs in terms of tuning but give me:

1. shadowburn baseline for destro
    2. complete demon rework and demon form back. This stationary monstrosity we call demonology is the first time since vanilla demon hasn't been my favorite spec.

Edit: We warlocks should all be furious with the current state of demonology. We were failed this expansion purely based off this re-work.
    Oh boy and this little bit too. No "we" shouldn't be furious, I like demonology and currently main it now. I can be an ST turret and put up good numbers. I get it if you personally don't like a spec, everyone has their preference. But no one other than you would be happy to be middle of the pack, mediocre DPS just to have those changes, that's just idiotic.

Quote Originally Posted by Reaper11b View Post
    Oh boy and this little bit too. No "we" shouldn't be furious, I like demonology and currently main it now. I can be an ST turret and put up good numbers. I get it if you personally don't like a spec, everyone has their preference. But no one other than you would be happy to be middle of the pack, mediocre DPS just to have those changes, that's just idiotic.
    It does not sound like you have a lot of confidence in your playing ability. Sounds like you are counting on favorable tuning to earn you a raid spot. Just observation.

It does not sound like you have a lot of confidence in your playing ability. Sounds like you are counting on favorable tuning to earn you a raid spot. Just observation.
    I can play any lock spec at a good level, I haven't touched Destro this xpac because I don't care for it but guess what? That gives me two other specs to play and even after the incoming Aff (minor) nerf, it's in a good spot. It actually sounds like YOU don't have any confidence in how you can play lock since you're whining about SE and thinking Demo needs to be reworked again. But again, this forum is going down the dumpster with people like you bringing it down. At least there's sound minds in the discord that bring useful information to the table.

10+ Year Old Account
    Affliction did need some adjustments but i'm surprised they didn't at least wait a week to see where all the specs end up after a week of NH.

"I don’t know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
    --Bilbo Baggins
    Paarthurnax | Peijing

I can play any lock spec at a good level, I haven't touched Destro this xpac because I don't care for it but guess what? That gives me two other specs to play and even after the incoming Aff (minor) nerf, it's in a good spot. It actually sounds like YOU don't have any confidence in how you can play lock since you're whining about SE and thinking Demo needs to be reworked again. But again, this forum is going down the dumpster with people like you bringing it down. At least there's sound minds in the discord that bring useful information to the table.
    Discord provides good information? Really? Outdated guides that haven't been touched since september or the chat rooms where people are spamming and pleading for mr-robot to come back up or for the newest version of sims to be released. Get off your high horse you're clearly not adding anything to the forum either.

Discord provides good information? Really? Outdated guides that haven't been touched since september or the chat rooms where people are spamming and pleading for mr-robot to come back up or for the newest version of sims to be released. Get off your high horse you're clearly not adding anything to the forum either.
    Yeah and while some people give really advice, many mods throw: Just read the faq already, is sad seen the warlock community with actually 0 information being in deep analysis and only a few guides are being updated(the guides of mmo-c) it seen if we have to learn how to play, we have to now watch stream of the top locks in the world.

Oh right and you are? You're not saying anything with substance. The usual, wah this spec is clunky please fix. Hey and guess what, the guys who write the mmoc guides are the ones providing updated information and sims in discord. But you're pretty stupid so I can see how you would miss all that.

Oh right and you are? You're not saying anything with substance. The usual, wah this spec is clunky please fix. Hey and guess what, the guys who write the mmoc guides are the ones providing updated information and sims in discord. But you're pretty stupid so I can see how you would miss all that.
    No reason for name calling or personalizing but since you wanted to go there mind if I ask what you do for a living or your level of education?

Of course the writers of the mmo guides are providing info for sims and discord. What does that have to do w/ what I said? It does not change the fact that the conversation on discord is about new sims, tuning, and mr.robot and that the guides are several months out of date.

Lol, this is discord in a nutshell....

"What is the haste breakpoint after reaching 120% mastery?"

!spec
    "Affliction for M+, Demo/Destro for raiding"

"Read the fucking pinned guides"

!viable
    *Insert stupid Meme*

"@ Gahddo Somebody asked about a haste breakpoint, come belittle them, hue hue elegiggle"

No reason for name calling or personalizing but since you wanted to go there mind if I ask what you do for a living or your level of education?

Of course the writers of the mmo guides are providing info for sims and discord. What does that have to do w/ what I said? It does not change the fact that the conversation on discord is about new sims, tuning, and mr.robot and that the guides are several months out of date.
    The guides aren't even out of date, they are the same guides here on mmo-c. How are you this dense? Most of the people there are helpful other than the fact that people show up asking basic questions that ARE LISTED in the guides and most want the info spoon fed to them. It doesn't take a high intellect to go to the specific resources channel and see everything laid out there: spec specific guides, links to sims, links to spec specific weak auras. No one wants to go out of their way for anything and in discord they'll get ripped for it, that's on them.

The guides aren't even out of date, they are the same guides here on mmo-c. How are you this dense? Most of the people there are helpful other than the fact that people show up asking basic questions that ARE LISTED in the guides and most want the info spoon fed to them. It doesn't take a high intellect to go to the specific resources channel and see everything laid out there: spec specific guides, links to sims, links to spec specific weak auras. No one wants to go out of their way for anything and in discord they'll get ripped for it, that's on them.
    Alright let me break it down to you our available resources. Let's look at the available guides:

Discord
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...7875438#post-1
    First line of the guide, I quit wow. Someone else wanna pick this up?
    That settles that let's move onto next guides

MMO & Icey
    http://www.icy-veins.com/wow/afflict...builds-talents
    Icey is better organized, prettier and easier to read but not as up-to date as mmo.
    Icey are also miss a lot of updates throughout the guide when patches hit. Look at ST openers and rotations for example.
    Icey & MMO conflict best afflic ST spec at the moment, once claims MG + SE other MG + SC.
    I view MMO vs Icey guides as a trade-off, one is up to date but requires more familiarity w/ the expac/content and the other is very user friendly but tends to be out of date and filled with errors.

Inconsistencies, errors, and out of date information frustrate players and cause them to lose confidence in the resource.

There used to be a resource on Iceyveins that kept up with specific boss strats for each encounter. Preferred spec and tips & tricks managed by a warlock named Zagam from what I remember? This is what's left.
    http://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topi...ps-and-tricks/
    It's tough to find information on how afflic locks are padding some of these encounters.

Many tips and tricks you have to dig out of random low-view youtube videos.

You want affliction videos, go watch Geletyven.

Alright let me break it down to you our available resources. Let's look at the available guides:

Discord
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...7875438#post-1
    First line of the guide, I quit wow. Someone else wanna pick this up?
    That settles that let's move onto next guides

MMO & Icey
    http://www.icy-veins.com/wow/afflict...builds-talents
    Icey is better organized, prettier and easier to read but not as up-to date as mmo.
    Icey are also miss a lot of updates throughout the guide when patches hit. Look at ST openers and rotations for example.
    Icey & MMO conflict best afflic ST spec at the moment, once claims MG + SE other MG + SC.
    I view MMO vs Icey guides as a trade-off, one is up to date but requires more familiarity w/ the expac/content and the other is very user friendly but tends to be out of date and filled with errors.

Inconsistencies, errors, and out of date information frustrate players and cause them to lose confidence in the resource.

There used to be a resource on Iceyveins that kept up with specific boss strats for each encounter. Preferred spec and tips & tricks managed by a warlock named Zagam from what I remember? This is what's left.
    http://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topi...ps-and-tricks/
    It's tough to find information on how afflic locks are padding some of these encounters.

Many tips and tricks you have to dig out of random low-view youtube videos.
    LOL so you give up on the first link, other than that pretty much everything in there is up to date. All of that wealth of information and because 1 link doesn't work, it means the whole thing is out of date.

Terryn's affliction guide is RIGHT under it and links here to MMO-C, Not's guide links to here. Both of them are active in Discord as is plenty of top parsing warlocks that help people with their logs and questions about fights and talents.

But you know, you're right. I see the light now. Blizz truly failed us all.

LOL so you give up on the first link, other than that pretty much everything in there is up to date. All of that wealth of information and because 1 link doesn't work, it means the whole thing is out of date.
    The link for suggested Artifact path is incorrect as well as all 3 Legendary rankings for Affliction.

Deleted
    Alone because of the Rework of Demonology, which by the way was the best/funniest spec ever in WoW History, I moved away from my Warlock after several Years as a main.

And I do know from many other Warlocks, they do not like the new Demonology, very few does but has to play it for ST because it is so good where you are a turret.
    Atm Demonoology is a basic rotation, which is boring as f, before you had real choices go into Meta or Not, use 500 fury or not or save fury for a Add.

Not Crying or anything, but blizzard removed a speech which was really enjoyable, even those who did not hit near max dps were still having fun.
    Bring it back, because it just works and it is a hella of fun spec to play, but we must realize it won't happened soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulzar View Post
    The link for suggested Artifact path is incorrect as well as all 3 Legendary rankings for Affliction.
    Then ask in discord? I said pretty much everything and with the rate of things changing it may not be up to date 100% of the time but it's still a great resource. Better than the general attitude of this forum outside of the spec discussions.

The guides aren't even out of date
    other than that pretty much everything in there is up to date.
    with the rate of things changing it may not be up to date 100% of the time
    Yes those resources are very helpful and people should be going to them first to find their answers.... But I'm glad we can now agree that they are not always up to date.