Deleted

7.1.5 Fie mage, how to improve?

My armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Deith/advanced
    I can echange Sephuz's <-> Vastly Oversized Ring (+2,154crit) and Flameheart Vestment (865ilvl) <-> Belo'vir's Final Stand depending on which one is better for what situation. Also I'm wearing Wriggling Sinew 855 instead of hellfire deck atm. I'm doing about ~390k dps single target, realistically more like 355k and I feel like I'm not doing high enough damage with the gear I have. My questions:
    - What should I change for M+ to improve my dps?
    - What should I change for Raids (HC/M) to improve my dps?
    Or maybe I maxed out and only better ilvl gear can improve my dps but not by much and I have wrong impression of my possibilities? I'm simcrafting for about 370k which sounds about around +/- 5k for what I'm doing but I feel like I'm missing something here.

I tried using cinderstorm and I don't feel it's doing me better than meteor. I also think alextrasza's Fury with legendary will work better and stronger than Flame On, single target and aoe wise.

Boost DMF trinket to 865.

Sephuz is OP for mythic + so defo use that.
    Cinderstorm is better than meteor ST if you can hit 6 cinders per cast on average and its definitely better for aoe
    Flame on vs AF with helm for single target is debatable and depends on your gear, personally i say FO is better since AF with helm is kinda awkward to play with and as a result will make you lose a bit of DPS ontop of the fact that flame on sims more. For AoE AF is straight up better.

ST Build: Pyro/MI/FO/UM/Cinder (this is patchwerk 100% single target standing under boss)
    Raid build for both: Conflag/MI/FO/LB/Cinder
    Mythic+: Conflag/ROP/AF/LB/Cinder

The only one thats not self explanatory is MI vs RoP on raids even though ROP outperforms MI on AoE and only falls behind on ST a little bit. The reason is because RoP is unreliable as sometimes mechanics can fuck you over and if they do, you lose a HUGE amount of damage. A lot depends on trinkets etc so you have to sim for yourself to make sure numbers are right

https://www.altered-time.com/forum/v...7f1d7c86e536b4 go ahead and check this link to see trinket sim comparison and legendaries etc.

For us to be able to help you more we'd need logs or something to see your play etc.

Deleted
    indeed.
    It is hard to explain but MI in a ST fight gives better results than RoP.
    Only the perfect use of RoP makes it better.

On ST, cinderstorm and meteor may be difficult to use. For different reasons. Just figure out which one feels the best to you.

Actually, RoP vs MI single target, MI pulls ahead even with RoP perfect use. Its just that ROP has more cleave potential if timed with combustion but thats about it. RoP in raids is very niche and overvalued imo.

Deleted
    Well... we will see about that.
    I can see many bosses with a short vulnerability that will probably make RoP more powerfull thant simulated.
    We can also think of the effect of Guldan's intell trinket combined with RoP.
    I do not like RoP but it feels mandatory sometimes.

Do mirror images help with skittish? Yesterday pelters literally smashed my ass in NL +12
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    Do mirror images help with skittish?
    Yes. They were very good for some mass aoe pulls during the teeming + skittish week.

Yesterday pelters literally smashed my ass in NL +12
    Pelters mostly ignore aggro so nothing besides our joke of a barrier will help you. On a fortified week and especially on teeming + fortified they're by far the worst part of a 10+ NL so your group should have a plan for them as the healer will likely not be able to keep up with the group wide damage of un-ccd, un-stunned pelter packs. Ideally you'd have grips and aoe stuns in the group but as a mage your contribution will have to be either sheep or bursting one down ASAP with combustion.