Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Could be a power supply issue I suppose. It's likely the new card has power demands way above the previous one.

CPU at 70 celsius at idle? Holy smokes bud. Is it covered with dust?

10+ Year Old Account
    if i had some money id go to staples and buy some but im as broke as johnny knoxville was when that dirtbike landed on his dick

edit: i just cleaned the dust off the heatsink and fan actually

Honestly at this point you might be better off doing a full format on your hard drives/SSD and starting fresh.

Save something that you really want like pictures on a USB flash or smartphone memory, but then erase/format your entire PC.

It might take a day or two to get your PC back up and redownload all games but it is a 100% fresh start.

If it is still shiet FPS then get someone that knows PC hardware to take a detailed look at your PC's hardware innards.

make sure its using the card and not onboard graphics. go into nvidia control panel>manage 3d> select WoW and force it to use your card. (assuming its not already doing so)
    Last edited by Juffowup; 2017-01-14 at 06:29 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    if i had some money id go to staples and buy some but im as broke as johnny knoxville was when that dirtbike landed on his dick

edit: i just cleaned the dust off the heatsink and fan actually
    Those pressurized air cans are amazing for getting rid of that damned dust. I used one in my own PC a few months ago and I was not prepared for the Dustpocalypse that errupted.

If your PC is 10+ years old and you've overclocked it, I suppose there could be power issues. And also issues with heat.
    A 5570 is an AMD card yeah? The 660 an Nvidia one. Still sounds like there could be driver conflicts. But I don't know which driver cleaner you could use.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Juffowup View Post
    make sure its using the card and not onboard graphics. go into nvidia control panel>manage 3d> select WoW and force it to use your card. (assuming its not already doing so)
    This could definetly be the problem too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Juffowup View Post
    improved the menu fps a lot (now averaging like 100-120 fps) but in target range it says 30-50 fps constantly up and down back and forth but feels like 15

Wow is more of a CPU based game and less of a GPU , which means if you want to see tones of fps upgrade you need to upgrade your cpu aswell

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zigrifid View Post
    Wow is more of a CPU based game and less of a GPU , which means if you want to see tones of fps upgrade you need to upgrade your cpu aswell
    I have to agree, Wow is far more cpu based then gpu, but you CAN test it, boot it up in windowed mode open up your task manager and look at the performance tab,you might have to do some funky positioning if your not using duel screen but you want the wow window active, and between your cpu and gpu one of them will be stuck at 100% or atleast very high, looking at your pc specs id expect above 80% on 1 if not both, the highest % should be your next upgrade as that is the bottleneck

improved the menu fps a lot (now averaging like 100-120 fps) but in target range it says 30-50 fps constantly up and down back and forth but feels like 15
    Somethings goofy, in practice range i get between 85-115 FPS with my gtx 760/slightly overclocked 2500k on high preset. You should be able to at least peg 60 FPS in that area i would imagine.

Make sure you have vsync on and set it to display based FPS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    Somethings goofy, in practice range i get between 85-115 FPS with my gtx 760/slightly overclocked 2500k on high preset. You should be able to at least peg 60 FPS in that area i would imagine.

Make sure you have vsync on and set it to display based FPS.
    made no difference

Quote Originally Posted by Zigrifid View Post
    well i am trying to play overwatch and my cpu was fine in wow before i started trying to install this GTX 660

whatever display driver uninstaller did it raped the shit out of my computer because it's been running like a frozen dog turd ever since then

my cpu temp is like 70c just sitting at my desktop
    Check your CPU and GPU temperatures and clock speed while running the game in practice mode. It sounds like your CPU is way too hot to play the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe time to reinstall Windows?

10+ Year Old Account
    possibly but i really dont know the process

Quote Originally Posted by Svisalith View Post
    Check your CPU and GPU temperatures and clock speed while running the game in practice mode. It sounds like your CPU is way too hot to play the game.
    says core temp is 69c socket temp is 37c gpu is 52c as for clock speed you're speaking another language to me

i know how to put a computer together but i dont know how to look at that

- - - Updated - - -

FIXED

whatever the hell it was fixed itself when i reset the mobo to default

i thought it was already on default but i guess not

beats the hell out of me

You can download a program like hwinfo ( www.hwinfo.com ) and look at the sensors tab there, it will let you monitor things like CPU core clock speeds and temperatures. Sounds like you'll need to fix CPU cooling

i was trying to overclock it which usually ends with the driver not recovering and having to restart my computer
    as for clock speed you're speaking another language to me

somewhere in these two statements is probably the key to where your troubles began
    definitely can be frustrating at first when you don't know whats what and such, and even resetting stuff to default can become a nightmare. try not to be discouraged though, if you do ever fancy overclocking things in the future.. patience, trial and error, taking breaks if you start to get frustrated, be prepared to restart from the beginning.

glad you fixed it though!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Svisalith View Post
    You can download a program like hwinfo ( www.hwinfo.com ) and look at the sensors tab there, it will let you monitor things like CPU core clock speeds and temperatures. Sounds like you'll need to fix CPU cooling
    the cpu temp went back down to 30c at idle. 63c on Epic in Overwatch. GPU is at 70c ish under load in overwatch with fan cranked up and around 30c idle.

everything is now working as it should

Quote Originally Posted by the boar View Post
    somewhere in these two statements is probably the key to where your troubles began
    nah i didn't know what the problem was so i was trying to brute force through all the problems with an overclock. reinstalled my mobos chipset and reset the settings to default and bam! my computer works again for whatever reason.

I don't know why the settings would not be default if i reset them by pulling out the CMOS battery to reset the mobo so it would let me boot with the card in the first place but it's all working now so I don't really care lol

Did you actually plug the monitor into the GPU?
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day