Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Mage TellMeWhen Update for Patch 7.1.5 w/Download

Hey all! Patch 7.1.5 is now out and with it come a number of changes and tweaks. I've updated the Mage TMW Profiles to work with the latest patch and will continue to update it as changes are made in the future!

You can find the LATEST VERSION HERE

This profile is meant to be a rotational and cooldown guide so that you can better understand the inner workings of the class.

Updates for Patch 7.1.5 include:

Arcane

- Adjusted talent options
    - Added Mage Shield cooldown tracker
    - Presence of Mind is now always tracked
    - General bug fixes

Fire

Frost

- Changed the Water Jet icon to show a Water Elemental icon

As always feedback is greatly appreciated!

To Import this profile, download the latest TMW Version

1. Copy the Profile in full
    2. Open TMW in game (/tmw)
    3. Paste the entire profile on the bottom Text Bar
    4. Click Import
    5. Select "From String"
    6. Choose Overwrite

You can see an EXAMPLE OF IMPORTING HERE

This looks really nice. thanks.

Tried these today, I like them. My only suggestions would be to put some kind of range check indicator (perhaps turn the center ability red) and somehow fit Blizzard in there for Frost, perhaps in place of the racial talent. If you are using LW/BC or FT/SI, there are two icons that don't really serve much purpose.

Thanks, it's better than my homemade WeakAuras I was using.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysar View Post
    Tried these today, I like them. My only suggestions would be to put some kind of range check indicator (perhaps turn the center ability red) and somehow fit Blizzard in there for Frost, perhaps in place of the racial talent. If you are using LW/BC or FT/SI, there are two icons that don't really serve much purpose.

Thanks, it's better than my homemade WeakAuras I was using.
    I'll add in range trackers. I'll take a look at adding what you suggest as well

MAJOR UPDATE 2/28/17

General

- You can now toggle the profile to display while in combat
    - Cooldowns for all three specs have been condensed and now add or remove icons dynamically
    - Passive Talent icons have been removed

The basic functionality of this profile has not been changed. This profile has been largely bug free and I have not seen any feedback regarding changes that people wish to see or bug fixes/errors etc.

As always if you have any feedback or suggestions for this profile, please let me know! ​

YOU CAN FIND THE LATEST VERSION HERE

You are a kind of the a person who fills a specific and necessary role. People will use your content or not nonetheless appreciate your work.

Since there is little feedback on this mage version compared to other classes I got a ''problem'' in the frost setup.

Whenever I'm following the rotation it will often display the water elemental icon as a spell, not sure what that is about but it kinda breaks the flow of the profile since I got the water elemental out so yeah I don't know what that is about.

For example during leveling I pull with frost bolt and while casting frost bolt it shows the water elemental tooltip icon instead of the next ability, if u could fix that it would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by FluFF View Post
    Since there is little feedback on this mage version compared to other classes I got a ''problem'' in the frost setup.

Whenever I'm following the rotation it will often display the water elemental icon as a spell, not sure what that is about but it kinda breaks the flow of the profile since I got the water elemental out so yeah I don't know what that is about.

For example during leveling I pull with frost bolt and while casting frost bolt it shows the water elemental tooltip icon instead of the next ability, if u could fix that it would be great.
    It is an icon that shows to cast the water elemental ability. Water Jet shares an icon with Ice Lance and so it would be confusing to see that pop up. When that icon appears you can use Water Jet or Freeze to proc Fingers of Frost

Ah ok cheers for clearing it up.

Does this profile work with the GS build with no pet etc?

Quote Originally Posted by Growler View Post
    Does this profile work with the GS build with no pet etc?
    Yes it should. I am also in the process of making large changes to the rotation but frost works well as it is now.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am extremely new to frost, and am hoping this isnt a glitch at all but just an actual rotation thing.

I am personally noticing that a min or so into the fights, following along the icons, there is a Frost Orb icon then all that shows up afterwards is just frostbolt no matter what is up and procced, is this intended?
    "Your $14.95 a month says you can play how you want... The rest of the raids $149.50/$358.80 says know your role."

Quote Originally Posted by xeasadeyo View Post
    I am extremely new to frost, and am hoping this isnt a glitch at all but just an actual rotation thing.

I am personally noticing that a min or so into the fights, following along the icons, there is a Frost Orb icon then all that shows up afterwards is just frostbolt no matter what is up and procced, is this intended?
    Frost orb is used when you have no Fingers of Frost procs and it is available. Generally you use it on CD. The rotation would continue down the list as normal and if you don't get procs it will suggest Frostbolt until you have some.

Are you seeing it only suggest Frostbolt when you have a buff active?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's actually showing up randomly, It's not giving me much rhyme or reason behind why. No real buffs up that would focus me to want to use only frost bolt, and I am using it on CD as the rotation suggests, But it will show up as only a frostbolt.

I'm mid raid now seeing if I can get the some kind of grasp on the conditions that is causing it to do so but thus far I can't get the problem to strike up again. >_<
    "Your $14.95 a month says you can play how you want... The rest of the raids $149.50/$358.80 says know your role."

Quote Originally Posted by xeasadeyo View Post
    It's actually showing up randomly, It's not giving me much rhyme or reason behind why. No real buffs up that would focus me to want to use only frost bolt, and I am using it on CD as the rotation suggests, But it will show up as only a frostbolt.

I'm mid raid now seeing if I can get the some kind of grasp on the conditions that is causing it to do so but thus far I can't get the problem to strike up again. >_<
    I'm in the process of heavily updating the mage profile. Currently working on Frost at the moment so I can share the updated version with you and see if that fixes the issue

I'm happy to test the frost for you Chesder.

7+ Year Old Account
    So is the latest version in your OP or the posts after that?

Quote Originally Posted by Skylarking View Post
    So is the latest version in your OP or the posts after that?
    Latest version will be in the OP and any posts after. They use the same link which I update so you can be sure it's always up to date

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Growler View Post
    I'm happy to test the frost for you Chesder.
    Going to do a few more changes today and I'll post a version for you to test if you like tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by chesder View Post
    Going to do a few more changes today and I'll post a version for you to test if you like tomorrow
    Always happy, slamming BGs all week with the honor boost

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank you very much Chesder! I LOVE all of these profiles and the work you put into them!