Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

Witcher - who did you pick from Triss vs Yennefer?

I was having a dilemma in Witcher 3 of who would fit my Geralt between Triss and Yennefer.
    They both have their pros and cons, which is exactly the issue, as it actually made me wonder who did others pick?

Before we start, I'll let you know my reasoning as I knew it, if there was something I missed and you knew, please say:

Triss
    Pros:
    -kindhearted
    -has grown as a person from when we first met her in Witcher 1
    -acts like a mature person

Cons:
    -when she was in the Lodge and Yenn asked her to help her find Ciri, she did not help her. She did not even protest Philippa's order even when Philippa made it clear of how the Lodge didn't give a shit for Ciri or Geralt
    -she manipulated Geralt by not telling him about Yenn when he had amnesia. While I understood she thought Yenn was dead, the fact that she didn't mention Ciri either makes it a kind of shit event.
    - she's like a child compared to Geralt, I think she's like 20-30 while Geralt is 100?

Yennefer
    Pros:
    - it seems in the books they're sort of made for one another
    - she cares about Ciri at least as shown in some instances (though it's odd as in Witcher 3 she seems to not care about you looking for Ciri when you meet her)
    - closer in age to Geralt

Cons:
    - she manipulates everyone she can, including Geralt.
    - can't really control her emotions, she would mind-control someone because he said something bad about her like she did to Geralt when they had met or teleport him above a lake because he mentioned Triss even if he had amnesia
    - somewhat arrogant
    - you don't know if the love is true or is made true by the wish of Geralt to the genie.

Honestly, if the game would have left me, I'd have taken as main choice Shani, but she's not counted as a main choice it seems. So, as a curiosity, which did you like best? And I don't care which fit Geralt better in the books, the Geralt in the game is different from the books, you control his choices so I'm interested to think which do YOU like best and why?

10+ Year Old Account
    I went with Yennefer on my first playthrough, because:
    Pros:
    - it seems in the books they're sort of made for one another

I'm planning on playing it again (on deathmarch, for the achievement), don't know when, but then I'll choose Triss for a change.
    Asus ROG MAXIMUS XI CODE | Intel Core i9-9900k | 32GB RAM DDR4-3200 CL16 | ASUS RTX 2080 SUPER

Yennefer, totally sassy and gorgeous.
    Not that I have *cough* thing for virtual characters ofc *cough*

Deleted
    my biggest takeaways from having played witcher 3 without any previous witcher knowledge are:

-trolls are fun guys
    -yennifer is a psycho bitch (extremely controlling, manipulative, reads minds without consent, doesn't trust geralt, constantly witholds information, end justifies the means to the extreme, jealous, temper tantrums including vandalism and assault, not to mention the djinn quest)
    Last edited by mmoc982b0e8df8; 2017-01-14 at 05:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Triss can sleep in my bed anytime

<.<
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    I picked Yen. I like Triss as a character but given the experiences of the books & Witcher 2 she doesn't fit as the long-term choice whereas Yen is Geralts entire reason to live at times. Basically Fuck-Marry-Kill methodology, minus the killing.

Cerys an Craite would be my personal choice though.
    Her hall is called Eljudnir,
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,
    and Slothful is her woman servant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah, one of the toughest choices ever... I picked Triss, because I had been with her in Witcher 2, and I'm not one to swap gloves like that just because I've learned something from my past I wasn't aware of before - but honestly, I would pick them both, to leave neither disappointed. Fortunately, I saw on Youtube in advance what that attempt would lead to!
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    First playthrough? Yenn, didn't like the ending though. Tried Triss and still wasn't happy.

My next playthrough I'll have Geralt go with both (And thus end up with neither). Somehow Geralt being a loner or focusing on training Ciri seems to fit best.

After reading some of the books both Triss and Yen seem as manipulative as the rest of the lodge. So it's probably for the best.

Pity Shani wasn't a permanent option. I went with her in Witcher 1 and she was good to Alvin. But I guess there might be issues later on due to Geralt's long lifespan and Shani not being a sorcerer. I read somewhere that Shani dies aged 93 and I think Geralt will have more years than that left in him
    Last edited by Aeula; 2017-01-14 at 06:00 PM.

Yennefer. because books and because Triss took advantage of Geralt's memory loss. she could have told him about Yenn and Ciri, but instead she chose to make him believe that they were together. she lied to him and manipulated him, took advantage of him. to her credit - she didn't do that out of pure malice, but relationship based on lies will always have issues.

Yennefer, for all her high maintenance ways is also far more brutally direct. both Yenn and Geralt are sarcastic little shits and what's more important, Yennifer's desires for the rest of her life - align closer to what Geralt yearns for.

and there is this whole "he loves her wholeheartedly, and only likes/slightly pities Triss" thing in the books. and Ciri. (that and I kinda like Triss a hell of a lot better with Eskel anyways, they seem to be better suited personality wise)

15+ Year Old Account
    Triss the first time. Next play-though will be Yennefer.
    Mistweaver Monk | Holy Priest

Saskia always been my crush, but since she has the dwarves fever and is not an ingame choice, I went with Yennefer, felt it was the right choice for my Geralt

They are both manipulative bitches, honestly there's not that much that difference between the 2, it's just that their vileness comes out in different shapes. Claiming that Triss is more kindhearted than Yenn is like arguing AIDS is not as severe a disease as cancer.

They are both good choices for the storyline, though. Obviously Yenn is the destined one in the books, but the writers for the game did a really good job with Triss as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aoewy View Post
    Saskia always been my crush, but since she has the dwarves fever and is not an ingame choice, I went with Yennefer, felt it was the right choice for my Geralt
    I've been a lot into Philippa, but her sexual preferences and her history with Geralt, as well as her attitude, probably would get in the way.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Based on my avatar you can guess who I picked..........

The Unicorn
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    They are both manipulative bitches, honestly there's not that much that difference between the 2, it's just that their vileness comes out in different shapes. Claiming that Triss is more kindhearted than Yenn is like arguing AIDS is not as severe a disease as cancer.

They are both good choices for the storyline, though. Obviously Yenn is the destined one in the books, but the writers for the game did a really good job with Triss as well.
    Not sure the whole disease comparison works. Technically the two characters aren't going to slowly kill you. Sooo yeah.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Yennefer. She's the more interesting of the two to me as well as being better suited to Geralt overall. Not to mention she's the canon choice anyway. Triss would, at best, be a temporary fling before Geralt eventually moved back to Yennefer.

Quote Originally Posted by Aoewy View Post
    Saskia is implied to be dead, altough this is conflicted.

Also, apparently the sentence about her having a thing for dwarves is the result of an translation error.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Saskia is implied to be dead, altough this is conflicted.

Also, apparently the sentence about her having a thing for dwarves is the result of an translation error.
    I know, I saw the lore comic. Still would have been my choice if I could romance her in W2, and stay single in W3. But that wasnt a choice.

Deleted
    First I tried to "love" both, but that didn't work out. Then I choose Triss, because I just don't like the Snobby Attitute of Yennefer even if she is the more obvious choice.

Yennefer is sarcastic asf. I was going with her the first time.

the seconds time, I was going with Triss.

overall, I'm going with Yennefer because it makes sense because they were in the books.