7.1.5 Shadow, and M+ trash packs

Looking to get some input from the community on how best to handle trash pulls in mid-high Mythics (7+)

I somewhat get the "standard" rotation in and out of voidform. What trips me is starting a trash pull at 100 or near full Insanity. What is our priority, assuming Misery/SL/SC is specced?

1) Pop VF immediately. Continue with standard VF rotation (VoiT - VB - MB) and DoT as filler.
    [Does not waste Insanity, very few DoTs, maximizes VF cooldowns, and uptime]

2) Pop VF immediately. DoT all mobs. Proceed with standard VF rotation.
    [Does not waste Insanity, most DoTs ticking in VF, waste VF cooldowns, shorter VF]

3) Delay VF. DoT everything (do I even bother with MB?), then pop VF.
    [Waste initial Insanity, full DoTs in VF, maximizes VF cooldowns, but possibly lower VF effective uptime i.e. trash is half dead when we enter VF]

4) DoT one mob. Pop VF. Continue with VF rotation, using MF as filler to cleave.
    [Insanity waste at a minimal, only 1 DoT, maximizes VF cooldowns]

I've avoided Shadow pre-7.1.5 due to the clunky interaction between DoTs and VF, but the new QoL changes with Misery has persuaded me to give it a shot. Still trying to find my footing, especially dealing with trash, so any help/tips is much appreciated.

For M+ ill go Mysery and Shadowcrash. A typical trashpull with ~100 insanity and the hope mobs will live long enough, looks like that:

Dot every mob -> VF -> SC -> MF for AOE -> VB to maintain your dots
    Voidform will probably not last long but you dont need long VF's for trash, it should die within that vf duration. If the trash doesnt die while in VF, just build up insanity again for next trash.

Ahh, so in short, DoTs are a priority over everything else, including Insanity.

Thank you!

Well... maybe not? If you can get into void form to increase your damage without wasting it, maybe you should. This is usually me starting off from low insanity. See what works for you in the different circumstances.

I think with a good group SC is almost always going to be better, even at high M+ levels mobs relatively quickly. It takes me, with the legendary belt, around 10 - 15 seconds to go from 0 to 100 insanity, which is why I use SC even when I'm not in Void Form, unless I'm close to 100 insanity and there is an aoe pack coming up.

Also, I would not delay Void Form, you can dot up the targets while in Void Form and it significantly increases our damage output. I would only delay Void Form, if the mobs are almost dead anyways. In that case I would save it for the next pack, pop Void Form shortly before the pull, use SC, and then apply dots.

Deleted
    For me, it depends on the pack. If I think mobs will die before I will drop out of VF, I'll try to enter ASAP, if I think they will still be (at least part of them) alive by the end, I will prioritize dots, to get more out of mind sear in VF. Also if there are fewer(3-5) mobs with high health, I prioritize dots, while if it's smaller enemies, I'd blow SC and VF early and maybe dot 2 or 3 of them before switching to just flaying.