Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Should Death Knights Have Been Buffed in the Hotfix?

From what it seems like on logs, DKs are very middle of the pack? Should they have gotten a buff or two? Or is no news, good news?

Middle of the pack is where we were asking to be. Go too car outside of the median and you risk the devs screwing you over down the line.

Deleted
    You don't see the problem in buffing middle of the pack?

Nope, they did exactly what they needed to, nerfed the top 4 specs and buffed the bottom four specs. For DPS spots DKs are right where they want to be, competitive and with both specs close enough that you can play whichever you prefer without feeling like you are gimping your damage.

Deleted
    they need to hotfix the runic empowerment nerf, that is all
    (and add another +5% to freezing fog)

Frost needs Runic Empowerment\Attenuation fixed, 7.1.5 broke it to proc less than 35% of the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah we don't need buffs we are in the perfect position right now

I hope nothing changes our spot for the rest of the expansion.
    RIP Breath of Sindragosa - 23/06/2015 - The day fun died.

Quote Originally Posted by Viscereality View Post
    Frost needs Runic Empowerment\Attenuation fixed, 7.1.5 broke it to proc less than 35% of the time.
    you mean 7.1.5 fixed the bug that was causing it to proc too often

They have to bring DHs and Spriests even further down, their damage is just pure bullshit and those nerfs wont be enough. Maybe Rogues too their dps is high as fuck too but not as bad as DHs and Priests.
    Last edited by Kendros; 2017-01-16 at 02:03 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Prussian View Post
    From what it seems like on logs, DKs are very middle of the pack? Should they have gotten a buff or two? Or is no news, good news?
    No news is good news.

Middle of the Pack is the best place to be.

Exactly, middle of the pack is great. No buffs required. We aren't hunters or mages, they always complain when they aren't tippy-top. Be the change you want to see in the world, you know?

I agree with the people finding frost playing slowly now-- it's nowhere remotely near how terrible it was in the beginning of WoD, but it's not fun for me either. If you find FDK too slow, focus your feedback on that.

Blood Deathknight yes.

DPS Deathknight no.

Absolutely yes, we are not designed to be middle of the pack, death knights are designed to be immobile and when they are in range destroy everything. Being middle (and unholy further down the middle) doesn't abide by the "class fantasy" which blizzard sat there and paraded for 2 years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuulazurin View Post
    Absolutely yes, we are not designed to be middle of the pack, death knights are designed to be immobile and when they are in range destroy everything. Being middle (and unholy further down the middle) doesn't abide by the "class fantasy" which blizzard sat there and paraded for 2 years.
    Lack of mobility isn't an excuse to be top DPS lmao. Especially when (as Unholy) I can deal most of my damage from range anyway.
    I'm just here to complain, if I'm being honest

We'll have to see how it goes in Nighthold. Scaling could be a big issue, but the recent changes to secondary stats hurt everyone else alot more. Talent choice wise we're in a very good spot where everything is extremely competitive with each other. Even Unholy Frenzy and Dark Arbiter. (Though they require alot more attention then the other options, which makes the CS/SR more appealing)

Even our Secondary stats are fairly well balanced and in the case of Haste customizable to the pace you'd like to play without it being detrimental to your dps. The Guldan trinket will be a HUGE force for where DK's are in Nighthold though and it'll likely get some nerfs considering how it works with other classes abilities, but for now things are looking better than before it's just not as noticable as % buffs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuulazurin View Post
    Absolutely not.

Middle of the pack is the best place to be. Competitive and off the radar for nerfs.

middle of the pack... where do you wanna bE? lool. all classes should be middle of the pack. a.k.a balanced. the top pack nerfed, to bottom pack buffed. thats what we need. and its coming D;

I'm satisfied with UH and Frost and where they both are. Close enough that it will come down to fight/skill to see who performs the best, but they will be close enough. Frankly, with all the movement in some of the NH fights, I would hope they give WW another charge or something. We're painfully slow and some of the rooms sizes/ad placement on these fights is far. DK's gonna be hoofing it for sure.

WW with 2 charges might actually make this skill decent.