(Destro) I lost with 7.1.5 200k dps on 4 target grp

Hi,

My destro has a gs 883+-, 2 leggy: wrist and belt, and Arans trinket. I used backdraft, eridication, grimoire of sacrifice, and havok. I did not use soul harvest, because of the 2 mins cd.

Before patch 7.1.5, when I was testing, I did regularly about 900k+- dps (100 mio dmg fight) on the 4 training dummies in the order hall. I know that it does not say much, but I always had values to compare when testing itemcombos. It was always the same situation with the same playstyle. Now, after the patch, I make about 700k.... aaaaand 200k just gone.

What are your experiences on training dummies and trashgrps in mythic +10 or higher?
    Last edited by HeroicMythic; 2017-01-15 at 12:55 AM.

Damage is up pretty much everywhere.

Well since DPS legendaries got nerfed (destro legendaries aren't that good now) and Arans trinket got nerfed too, then that would probably be why. It has nothing to do with your abilities because destro got buffed.

Deleted
    backdraft ETL cataclysm sacrifice and yes CDF are working out pretty good in m+ 884 here with belt and rof ring

sacrifice got nerfed sufficiently, not worth it unless you are on 2 targets only.

ST I gained about 150k dps since the new patch, on aoe am about the same as I was before. Although 150k dps more means that I don't have to play as a demo anymore and I can go destro full time.

So get rid of sacrifice and eradication unless you are only on 2 targets and get service and ELT and you'll be golden on dps.

I got similar results as the OP. But that's due the result of the nerf of many things:
    1)Sacri nerfed 25%, that was around 20% or more of our dmg in AoE situations.
    2)No Erradication anymore, since you had 4 targets the shard gen was so high that you can almost get a 100% up time buff of 12% dmg (that was before the patch) vs the 10% flat dmg increase by using 1 GCD.
    3)You dont have RE anymore, +0,5s (moreless) each CB cast.
    4)Nerfed wrist, on those situations of 2+ stacked targets, wrist was so OP, giving us a 0.3 chance of 4 chaos bolts, that gets affected by Erradication also.

If you put all this together it becomes you 200k loss in AoE situations.

Now, im testing with going BD/ELT/Cata/Service/CDF even that i have the wrist and the destro ring. And on mythic+ just do:
    Cata -- RoF -- EDF -- havoc -- conflag CB -- (conflag if you dotn have enough shards) CB -- CB -- (then havoc ends) CDF or RoF if you have enough shards
    By doing this i tend to stay around 550-600k depending of the m+ keeping a good dps on ST, but i'm going to play more affliction.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnomognomo View Post
    I got similar results as the OP. But that's due the result of the nerf of many things:
    2)No Erradication anymore, since you had 4 targets the shard gen was so high that you can almost get a 100% up time buff of 12% dmg (that was before the patch) vs the 10% flat dmg increase by using 1 GCD.
    4)Nerfed wrist, on those situations of 2+ stacked targets, wrist was so OP, giving us a 0.3 chance of 4 chaos bolts, that gets affected by Erradication also.

Now, im testing with going BD/ELT/Cata/Service/CDF even that i have the wrist and the destro ring. And on mythic+ just do:
    Cata -- RoF -- EDF -- havoc -- conflag CB -- (conflag if you dotn have enough shards) CB -- CB -- (then havoc ends) CDF or RoF if you have enough shards
    By doing this i tend to stay around 550-600k depending of the m+ keeping a good dps on ST, but i'm going to play more affliction.
    The sad part is: With Affli you can get >800k by casting 2.5 spells (Seed, UA to set it off, Agony with tabs) in those 4-mob goups. And I would bet that then on the boss, the Affli ST is 50% higher than the destruction one. Again, with a MUCH easier rotation.

To be honest, for m+ it's a disgrace what they did with Destro. 54 traits now sitting in my bank.....

Quote Originally Posted by Gnomognomo View Post

Thats why you switch to affliction man, Destro is not usable if you are playing competitively.

Quote Originally Posted by HeroicMythic View Post
    Hi,

My destro has a gs 883+-, 2 leggy: wrist and belt, and Arans trinket. I used backdraft, eridication, grimoire of sacrifice, and havok. I did not use soul harvest, because of the 2 mins cd.

Before patch 7.1.5, when I was testing, I did regularly about 900k+- dps (100 mio dmg fight) on the 4 training dummies in the order hall. I know that it does not say much, but I always had values to compare when testing itemcombos. It was always the same situation with the same playstyle. Now, after the patch, I make about 700k.... aaaaand 200k just gone.

What are your experiences on training dummies and trashgrps in mythic +10 or higher?
    And this is why guys with BiS berries would drop by the forums and make these laughable claims.. "legendaries are not such a big difference. Probably on the 3% ballmark.. Prob a l2p issue if you can't generate high numbers with the spec".
    Welcome to reality. It's laughable really that Sephuz and Prydaz are a bigger DPS increase now that the two 7.1 BiS for destro.

In mythic+ +7 to +14 , I got buffed like +20k dps, but other classes like 100k...

Destro needs a big time buff!

Hi,

My destro has a gs 883+-, 2 leggy: wrist and belt,
    4 target grp
    They nerfed destro bracers. Only 1 proc at a time.

My destro has a gs 883+-, 2 leggy: wrist and belt
    Quote Originally Posted by Dnusha View Post
    They nerfed destro bracers. Only 1 proc at a time.
    Exactly this ^^

If you were a destruction warlock highly used to the (4 target) cleave via legendary bracers... the change to you will be MUCH more noticeable. It's still a matter of perception regardless... I don't have the bracers and have noticed an increase via the right talent set up for both ST and AOE.

Demonfire's now actually worth taking and is best for mass AoE i beleive.
    Volte 80 Frost DK--Cycloneduke 80 Holy Pally--Moardotz 80 Desto Warlock-- Dexterworgan 80 Assassination Rogue----Liadon 80 Feral Druid--Mumbles 70 Frost Mage--Bibleblack 70 Disc Priest--Dylli 70 DM Hunter--Krosa 70 Fury Warrior -- Slapntickle 70 Prot Warrior -- Okoi 80 Enha Shaman + 4 slave shamans multiboxed to 70 - Darksorrow EU PvP

Just looking at what you've said: Aran's got fixed/nerfed, bracers got nerfed, belt got nerfed, GoSac got nerfed. Of course if you've been leaning on those for AoE your DPS will go down.

But Channel Demonfire is pretty great now, and if you don't like Soul Harvest that means you're 100% free to pick one of the other AoE talents on the row to help make up for some of the loss. Empowered Life Tap will also help, and it's probably something you should take if you want AoE.

Quote Originally Posted by kavousanos View Post
    Welcome to reality. It's laughable really that Sephuz and Prydaz are a bigger DPS increase now that the two 7.1 BiS for destro.
    Sepuzh's and Prydaz are definetly NOT BiS. It's Space-Time > Sin'dorei > KJ Burning Wish

Also @OP consider BD/RB (with 4 set) - ELT - FnB - Sac - CDF for M+. I won't beat affliction but if you're stuck with 54/54...

Quote Originally Posted by PowerOfTwo View Post
    Sepuzh's and Prydaz are definetly NOT BiS. It's Space-Time > Sin'dorei > KJ Burning Wish

Also @OP consider BD/RB (with 4 set) - ELT - FnB - Sac - CDF for M+. I won't beat affliction but if you're stuck with 54/54...
    Sepuzh's on destro locks are BiS by a mile on fights they can proc it on. Prydaz is a bigger dps increase than Burning Wish on fights that it cannot be used on every cd right on a bunch of mobs, in which case.. guess what is miles ahead? Sephuz since... mobs.
    Sin'dorei is not a destro legendary. Some lucky people who play both demo and destro have it but it is not a destruction warlock item.

Deleted
    Sepuzh's on destro locks are BiS by a mile on fights they can proc it on. Prydaz is a bigger dps increase than Burning Wish on fights that it cannot be used on every cd right on a bunch of mobs, in which case.. guess what is miles ahead? Sephuz since... mobs.
    Sin'dorei is not a destro legendary. Some lucky people who play both demo and destro have it but it is not a destruction warlock item.
    The key to what you suggest is "fights they can proc it on", however, even if we took what you say as gospel there is no evidence to state that its better than Space Time/Sin'dorei Spite/KJ Burning Wish/Feretory.

You also can not ignore sin'dorei just because its a pain in the tits to obtain.

Quote Originally Posted by cobz715 View Post
    The key to what you suggest is "fights they can proc it on", however, even if we took what you say as gospel there is no evidence to state that its better than Space Time/Sin'dorei Spite/KJ Burning Wish/Feretory.

You also can not ignore sin'dorei just because its a pain in the tits to obtain.
    I did not elaborate on the why it's better because I considered it obvious. It's having a Bloodlust+Sprint on 1/3rd of a fight ontop of the actual Bloodlust.
    Which can be reliably proced by the spec in many ways, even baseline, and timed to include cd cooldowns and burst phases.
    If you consider 10%+damage for 5 seconds on a 45 second cd could be better than the above then.. Damn.
    Same goes for 15%damage on a 3min CD which would translate into a 2.5 dmg increase in double duration than Sephuz. So 5% dmg increase on the cd of Sep
    And especially on KJ, a 1.5mil crit on a 1.1 min cd, so a mere ~25k dps multiplied by how many targets get hit and considering you use it at the start and use it again right at the end.

Deleted
    Which can be reliably proced by the spec in many ways, even baseline,.....
    How do you reliably proc it though? What aspect of the game? M+/raid/both ?

Space Time is a tad erratic in regards to duration but i am sure it will average out, i would say it is going to be up alot more than 5 seconds every 45 seconds. (for multiple reasons you decided to ignore.)

Quote Originally Posted by cobz715 View Post
    How do you reliably proc it though? What aspect of the game? M+/raid/both ?

Space Time is a tad erratic in regards to duration but i am sure it will average out, i would say it is going to be up alot more than 5 seconds every 45 seconds. (for multiple reasons you decided to ignore.)
    Haven't got the item to test it, and not many people do since it's new and most high-end players/testers already have 5-6 legendaries, making dropping another one really hard. But from what I've read the buff duration is hard-set to 5 seconds for all portals. Even at 10 secs tho, you need to be really lucky with the procs to keep it up for 1/3rd of the fight like Sephuz. And even if you do, then it's still only a 10% dmg buff as opposed to 25% haste and sprint.
    M+ you proc it with Shadowfurry, then after 30 secs Meteor.. and you repeat. Fear is also another way.
    Raids, pre-7.1.5 it would reliably proc with Meteor even when used on ST raidbosses. On bosses with adds like the Dragons it's the same as m+.