Poll: khadgar Vs maiev shadowsong

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    if a joung garona can rotflstomp him, why a highly trained maiev cant?

Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    if a joung garona can rotflstomp him, why a highly trained maiev cant?
    Because Khadgar's power and experience isn't the same as decades ago? :P That's the benefit of the main characters (both pro and antagonists) in WoW - their powers usually grow over time in story, while the side characters' powers don't seem to increase that much. If you are talking about WoD Garona instead of TLG Garona, that wasn't a 1v1 fight that OP was talking about - she ambushed when Khadgar wasn't aware about it.
    Last edited by Qualia; 2017-01-18 at 05:20 AM.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    Because Khadgar's power and experience isn't the same as decades ago? :P That's the benefit of the main characters (both pro and antagonists) in WoW - their powers usually grow over time in story, while the side characters' powers don't seem to increase that much. If you are talking about WoD Garona instead of TLG Garona, that wasn't a 1v1 fight that OP was talking about - she ambushed when Khadgar wasn't aware about it.
    the ambush in zangarra wasnt the second? how khadgar couldnt be aware to be a target? she even did a 1vs3 successfully.
    and maiev is a warden, basically an assassin, why in the world she must fight without ambushes? is like dont allow the using of artifacts to enhance arcane usage for a mage...

the ambush in zangarra wasnt the second? how khadgar couldnt be aware to be a target? she even did a 1vs3 successfully.
    and maiev is a warden, basically an assassin, why in the world she must fight without ambushes? is like dont allow the using of artifacts to enhance arcane usage for a mage...
    While Khadgar was aware that he was a target, he wasn't aware that there would be a "fight" there. I'm putting fight in quotation mark since in that case, it wasn't a fight but an assassination attempt instead. It's simply not what 1v1 fight in the VSbattle between fictional characters are about.

I'm assuming you aren't too familiar with the VS battle thing between fictional characters so I'd be explaining it a little bit. While talking / discussing about a 1v1 fight, unless additional conditions are stated (i.e: giving a character time to prepare, or not allowing one character to use certain abilities / items, etc.), the fight would be as such: drops two characters in a field with no other character involved, both know that they'd be fighting each other until one loses / dies. Think of the Khadgar vs Gul'dan battle in the short story "Tomb of Sargeras", for example. You may say that it seems to be unfair for character whose strength are based on assassinating / ambushing / trickery instead of fighting, but well, that's how character versus battles go. It (probably) is the same reason why with all the soul-reaping ability of Frostmourne, Blizzard still said that in a 1v1, Lich King would lose against Lei Shen at his peak - otherwise, you can just say that Lich King could have hidden in a corner and stab Lei Shen when he wasn't aware.

Surely, without any condition added, both can do whatever they can if they want. Maiev can try to hide and ambush Khadgar - but Khadgar would be aware this time that a fight is going on, and his opponent is hiding and trying to defeat him. The result will be greatly different from Garona's case. For example, see Khadgar's battle with Gul'dan - Gul'dan attempted to attack him from behind without any prior notice: Khadgar easily detected it and simply created an ice barrier strong enough that an entire wall of fel fire could only destroy a few drops of it. Seeing that Maiev's blink location can be detected (based on her fight with Vandel in "Illidan"), the same result would have happened (in fact, I won't even be sure that Maiev is better than young Garona at assassinating).
    Last edited by Qualia; 2017-01-18 at 06:15 AM.

While Khadgar was aware that he was a target, he wasn't aware that there would be a "fight" there. I'm putting fight in quotation mark since in that case, it wasn't a fight but an assassination attempt instead. It's simply not what 1v1 fight in the VSbattle between fictional characters are about.

I'm assuming you aren't too familiar with the VS battle thing between fictional characters so I'd be explaining it a little bit. While talking / discussing about a 1v1 fight, unless additional conditions are stated (i.e: giving a character time to prepare, or not allowing one character to use certain abilities / items, etc.), the fight would be as such: drops two characters in a field with no other character involved, both know that they'd be fighting each other until one loses / dies. Think of the Khadgar vs Gul'dan battle in the short story "Tomb of Sargeras", for example. You may say that it seems to be unfair for character whose strength are based on assassinating / ambushing / trickery instead of fighting, but well, that's how character versus battles go.

Surely, without any condition added, both can do whatever they can if they want. Maiev can try to hide and ambush Khadgar - but Khadgar would be aware this time that a fight is going on, and his opponent is hiding and trying to defeat him. The result will be greatly different from Garona's case. For example, see Khadgar's battle with Gul'dan - Gul'dan attempted to attack him from behind: Khadgar easily detected it and simply created an ice barrier strong enough that an entire wall of fel fire could only destroy a few drops of it. Seeing that Maiev's blink location can be detected (based on her fight with Vandel in "Illidan"), the same result would have happened (in fact, I won't even be sure that Maiev is better than young Garona at assassinating).
    and an assassin attempt isnt a fight for an assassin? or the point of an "fictional vs" is to put in a clearly castrate state one of the contender?
    at this point, why dont put both without things weared, nude. 1vs1. maybe khadgar can castate some kynetic tricks before run out magical power

and an assassin attempt isnt a fight for an assassin? or the point of an "fictional vs" is to put in a clearly castrate state one of the contender?
    at this point, why dont put both without things weared, nude. 1vs1. maybe khadgar can castate some kynetic tricks before run out magical power
    The point is generally to see who would fare better in a 1v1 fight. You don't call it a 1v1 fight when one of the two involved characters isn't even aware that a fight is going on. We don't say Kennedy died in a fight, we say he was assassinated. WoW characters don't say Garona beat Llane in a fight, they say she killed / assassinated him. I'm not even making things up - just look up the definition of "fight" in the dictionary or Google.

Like it or not - that's how VS battle goes, and how it has been for years / decade. I'm just telling you how it is and what the OP meant.
    Last edited by Qualia; 2017-01-18 at 06:49 AM.

The point is generally to see who would fare better in a 1v1 fight. You don't call it a 1v1 fight when one of the two involved characters isn't even aware that a fight is going on. We don't say Kennedy died in a fight, we say he was assassinated. WoW characters don't say Garona beat Llane in a fight, they say she killed / assassinated him. I'm not even making things up - just look up the definition of "fight" in the dictionary or Google.

Like it or not - that's how VS battle goes, and how it has been for years / decade. I'm just telling you how it is and what the OP meant.
    The OP didn't even say if it was about fighting.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper Benhir View Post
    The OP didn't even say if it was about fighting.
    "Khadgar vs Maiev Shadowsong", thread title. I mean, if you don't believe it, we can just ask @steelballfc to come and clarify, but that's what it means most of the time in fictional characters vs battle threads (without any specification added). It seems that I'm not even the only one who thought that, seeing most of the posts here - be it sarcastic or not - were about the fight between the two (not counting the joking shipping posts, ofc).
    Last edited by Qualia; 2017-01-18 at 07:28 AM.

We are matching a guardian-level archimage vs a lieutenant of local police force who got captured by normal mobs in BRH?
    kek.
    zug zug

what is it paladin, one zug is not enough for ya?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    lore should be voluntary to the game. not obligatory.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Witcher Arafal View Post
    khadgar.

archmage > bitchy warden
    Bitchy warden that is immediately forgiven for every transgression - including the murder of innocent Highborne who joined the Night Elves, the attempted murder of her brother, and the planning to murder Malfurion and the Night Elf leadership - because we totally (trust big brother Blizzard) need the help of the Wardens, whose forces were nearly completely decimated in the Legion's initial attack, and the Wardens would never join us if we imprisoned Maiev for her crimes against the Night Elves.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

7+ Year Old Account
    "Khadgar vs Maiev Shadowsong", thread title. I mean, if you don't believe it, we can just ask @steelballfc to come and clarify, but that's what it means most of the time in fictional characters vs battle threads (without any specification added). It seems that I'm not even the only one who thought that, seeing most of the posts here - be it sarcastic or not - were about the fight between the two (not counting the joking shipping posts, ofc).
    it's death-battle
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

If Maiev is determined to capture you then you are fuked. Illidan and Malfurion were stronger than her but both got caught anyway.