Thoughts on Leaf's Resto Druid Stat Weight WA vs Torty's spreadsheet?

Greetings,

I have been trying to do some more investigation into 7.1.5 stat weights and have seen a few options promoted. I re-stumbled upon Leaf's WA (https://wago.io/VkuAT-pHb) in the Discord channel and was curious if people felt it was an accurate measurement or if Torty's "Twig It" spreadsheet is superior?

Is there some other source to calculate stat weights that I should be considering?

Thanks!

Both are awesome from very smart and reliable Druids. Honestly they both use the same math so they are both great. I would suggest starting with the spreadsheet, adjust gear, and then run some content with the weak aura. The biggest difference to me is the spreadsheet only loooks at two fights you select to enter. The weak aura is constantly updating with any content you do and thus long term is likely going to match you to your stat weights better.

I say "match you" because it's insane how every resto can get different weighting completely because we all have our quirks in "rotation" and some do things better than others. If you are constantly layering hots mastery will be stronger, for example. Or if you have insane amounts of crit, versa becomes stronger.

From personal experience, the spreadsheet had me at haste > crit > mastery > vers.
    The weak aura usually has me at mastery = crit > versa > haste.

I captured these during raids of ~20 players. So, the weak aura was surprising to say the least! I made adjustments, dropped some haste, and the stat values of the weak aura running are starting to equalize. I think that's why the weak aura is great, it will constantly keep you min maxing.

Hopefully that helped some! Both resources are awesome sauce.

Quote Originally Posted by Broccoliz View Post
    From personal experience, the spreadsheet had me at haste > crit > mastery > vers.

I captured these during raids of ~20 players. So, the weak aura was surprising to say the least! I made adjustments, dropped some haste, and the stat values of the weak aura running are starting to equalize.
    From what I read in the class discord, the WA doesn't factor in the fact that haste would let you cast more spells, it only accounts for haste speeding up hot ticks. As far as I know, haste is pretty much king and surely not worse than vers.

Deleted
    The key to healing succesfully as a druid is to predict incoming damage and prehot, haste allows you to cast more. That's why haste is your main stat, it has very Little to do with extra tics. Mastery is flat increase and is even better with Cultivation but is just bigger Numbers that tends to overheal.

Why aren't other healers value haste high then? Easy, it burns mana. On progress you are often enough mana-limited. If haste would only lower our casttime it would be our least important stat. But the more ticks make it kind of mana efficient. It is nonsense that the extra ticks have little to do with haste being our primary stat.

Deleted
    Well, resto druids and to some extent holy priests is the only healers layering hots to battle incoming damage, you cannot react to incoming damage as say a holy paladin does and that's why you want lower gcds.
    Yes mana efficency is a problem as a resto druid but to tackle that problem is more of a gameplay question than a statpriority One. There wont Always be big incoming damage thus meaning you wont Always heal but do damage instead. (+ You should Always go for 3 mana reg relics in your weap No matter the ilvl to regain mana during dps phases)

For me the WA either reports stats weights all over the place (mostly try dependent) or all being rather close to each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Weissrolf View Post
    For me the WA either reports stats weights all over the place (mostly try dependent) or all being rather close to each other.
    That sounds about right. Higher iLev = better, because the stats are so close.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakfull View Post
    Well, resto druids and to some extent holy priests is the only healers layering hots to battle incoming damage, you cannot react to incoming damage as say a holy paladin does and that's why you want lower gcds.
    Yes mana efficency is a problem as a resto druid but to tackle that problem is more of a gameplay question than a statpriority One. There wont Always be big incoming damage thus meaning you wont Always heal but do damage instead. (+ You should Always go for 3 mana reg relics in your weap No matter the ilvl to regain mana during dps phases)
    So it's not so important to cast fast if you react to damage? Sounds illogical. And no 3 mana-reg relics is not really the best combination for most druids. Surely it's not bad either, but longer hots or stronger hots is often better.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Broccoliz View Post
    As far as I know it looks at hpm so it'll value haste lower. But generally you want haste.