Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmatrix View Post
    Why would the base difficulty ever go up? New players won't have raid gear so you would just be screwing them over. I imagine they will just open higher levels of mythic plus instead, maybe mythic +40 with 4 affixes.
    Because you run into scaling problems with both tyrannical and fortified the higher you go. It also gets pretty boring and would get really difficult if at a point you reach a fourth affix.

They already mentioned that they want 15 to be the pillar of difficulties between tiers. In order to do that, eventually they have to re-tune the difficulty of M+ such that lower ones are harder, yet drop better gear to compensate. 7.2 is slated to do exactly that and is suppose to be a reset button to re-evaluate dungeons.

They are doing the same thing to heroic and mythic dungeons, not just mythic. In those regards it wouldn't hurt new players at all, as the rewards at the bottom and entry levels are getting shifted up as well. Interestingly if they didn't decide to do this, the exact opposite problem would exist. New players would enter the system and would be completely separated by higher players by a large margin. Nobody would be looking to run 2-9, when the norm could potentially become above 10 constantly.

Doing this actually keeps the dungeons relevant throughout the entire expansion, and/or actually serving a purpose. And again, if you actually keep the scaling the same you would have to change how tyrannical and fortified actually work.

I thought for sure the first 3 bosses in Mythic NH gave the same as Heroic Gul'dan, but apparently that's not the case.

I think they'll give it a bump but I really hope it's nothing more than 5 ilvls.

I love raiding but I hate having the majority of my gear being from M+ because it's better than Mythic raid gear and feeling like I need to do a ton of Mythic + to keep pace with everyone else (especially after the grind to 54).

Quote Originally Posted by shadowmatrix View Post
    Why would the base difficulty ever go up? New players won't have raid gear so you would just be screwing them over. I imagine they will just open higher levels of mythic plus instead, maybe mythic +40 with 4 affixes.
    They specifically said at Blizzcon that they would, unless I've transferred into an alternate dimension since I heard that.

Also, the base difficulty and rewards of Heroic dungeons will also go up, as well as world quests, so essentially the entire game is getting a bump. The only initial hump will be getting out of quest gear, which is going to be even shittier than it is now.

Quote Originally Posted by Raxz View Post
    They specifically said at Blizzcon that they would, unless I've transferred into an alternate dimension since I heard that.

Also, the base difficulty and rewards of Heroic dungeons will also go up, as well as world quests, so essentially the entire game is getting a bump. The only initial hump will be getting out of quest gear, which is going to be even shittier than it is now.
    They can bump quest gear same 15-20 ilvl as everything else.

Elemental Lord Felfaadaern Darkterror's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RestoChango View Post
    I think they'll give it a bump but I really hope it's nothing more than 5 ilvls.

I love raiding but I hate having the majority of my gear being from M+ because it's better than Mythic raid gear and feeling like I need to do a ton of Mythic + to keep pace with everyone else (especially after the grind to 54).
    I'm happy either way as long as challenge = reward. High level M+ can be every bit as challenging as raiding; as tank I feel I work harder for successful M+ run than I do on most raid bosses. I don't care which is higher, as long as the hardest awards best gear.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"