Tips for a Newly Pvping ele Shaman

Started playing an ele shaman as an alt and I'm interested in playing pvp and arena with him. I've heard from multiple people that elemental is pretty strong at the moment (7.1.5). Just looking for some general tips, builds etc. Been experimenting with various talents but I'm still not 100% sure on what is good or not.

I feel like I have real issues trying to peel melee classes off of me also, not sure if thats just a class flaw or im just dumb and missing something. Sometimes feels like even though i do my burst rotation I do a very low amount of damage also. So any info would be fantastic. Thank you
    Last edited by Koojix; 2017-01-15 at 01:04 PM.

As Ele, you shouldn't have much trouble peeling melee off you since they have so many tools: Ghost Wolf, Earth Grab, Thunderstorm and Gust of Wind. Remember that being in Ghost Wolf prevents you from going under 100% movement speed as well and that you don't want to overlap these abilities(aside from Ghost Wolf obviously). If these are utilized properly melee should have a very hard time sticking on you, especially on maps like Tiger's Peak and Dalaran Sewers where Gust of Wind can make you completely out of reach.

As far as burst goes, you should be using Skyfury along with Lava Surges, Stormkeeper, Icefury and Earth Shocks. Skyfury is especially strong when playing a comp like Thunder Cleave and dropping it right as your Warrior pops Battle Cry w/ your burst.

PvP talent choices are actually pretty straight forward, you want Mind Quickness, Swelling Waves, Fire and Ice and Earthfury. This is the build pretty much every top Ele has been using and I doubt it's changed at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lightning rod procs can make for really interesting burst with stormkeeper as well. Add in 10% overload chance with totems and in BGs you can easily melt multiple if you catch a big group. Also, earthquake is awesome for keeping people from capping points. I don't do any arenas, and just started PvPing as well but those are a couple things to watch for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

What about elem vs Havoc, my alt is Havoc and I eat elem alive..they can't get away from me with all the mobility
    ( a serious question cuz I want to play my elem as 2nd alt)