Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    No expansion to date has introduced as many new features/content as TBC did. Best era for me at least, but then again I did not play much during Cata and until 5.4 MoP, which I also loved.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triks View Post
    >there's very little cohesion in Outland
    A jungle on the North pole says hi.

>the zones are horribly designed artistically
    They set out to make an alien world. Outland still feels like something out of a Salvador Dali painting.

>the layout of quests make little to no sense either
    That's Vanilla. TBC introduced quest hubs that had the quests, shockingly, in the radius around them. It also started the trend of linear quests but it wasn't as bad as Wrath and certainly not Cata onwards.

>it makes more sense that Outland was the blueprint of what devs do not want to do again.
    Modern WoW is 20% TBC, 80% Wrath (which was TBC-lite until ToC).
    Northrend is not the north pole. And its being kept warm by the titan machines there... Do you even fucking lore bro?
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

TBC is one of the best expansions - the way i remember it. But it's mostly because it was the first expansion and it was a very special feeling to finally step into a new world.
    I also loved all the new class spells they added. And how (almost) every class or sometimes even spec had something important to bring to a group, that noone else shared.

It's also the expansion i did the most raiding.

i actually liked the new zones when it first launched. but today they look very outdated.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel so old D:
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Northrend is not the north pole. And its being kept warm by the titan machines there... Do you even fucking lore bro?
    Not according to the planetary globes you see in Ulduar. Northrend sits right on top:

Northrend. North, rend. NORTH or as Malfurion puts it - "the roof of the world".
    Remember kiddies, hope was the last evil in Pandora's box.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thealmightymoo View Post
    I personally wish they could make Outlands optional
    yeah, then we could all leave the place to rot.

7+ Year Old Account
    Northrend. North, rend. NORTH or as Malfurion puts it - "the roof of the world".
    yeah... and look at it on the fucking map... its not the north pole..

omfg what is this!? see that.... northrend.... and whats that north of it.... the north pole

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Not according to the planetary globes you see in Ulduar. Northrend sits right on top:
    uhh look at the fucking top of the glove...

northrend is more like greenland... not the north pole

yeah... and look at it on the fucking map... its not the north pole..

omfg what is this!? see that.... northrend.... and whats that north of it.... the north pole

- - - Updated - - -

uhh look at the fucking top of the glove...

northrend is more like greenland... not the north pole

>Greenland
    So yeah snow and ice.
    Remember kiddies, hope was the last evil in Pandora's box.

7+ Year Old Account
    >Greenland
    So yeah snow and ice.
    uhh greenland is not ALLWAYS covered in ice...
    nor is it all covered in ice

10+ Year Old Account
    tbc has literally the worst looking zones and gear, only thing that was good was raiding and that only if you werent an officer in your guild because that gear progress was total shit and recruitin new people was near impossible

good thing its gone, wish you could just skip it now
    Last edited by Nnyco; 2017-01-16 at 03:27 PM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    there were only 2 things good that came form that expansion, BE's and a select few armor looks. everything else about that expansion was horrible, glad its growing dust in the past.

i only wish blizzard would create sexier armor going forward. not trashy skimpy, but dont be afraid of showing some skin either.
    I'm with this guy, i see ppl praising tbc everywhere as best expansion ever, do you what did i do with tbc? I quit wow for almost 3 years because it was crap to my eyes...
    1)Outland is ugly, gloomy and depressing as hell, blade's edge is probably worst wow zone ever and netherstorm fits swtor better than wow
    2) Some terrible dungeons and raids (gruul's lair makes me puke and magtheridon is horrible aswell)
    3) Tbc destroyed 40 man raiding guilds causing 20-25 raiders to be benched for good
    4) Endless attunement questlines involving timed end game dungeon content arent' a good thing to attract players to endgame(hello wildstar)
    5) 2 useless capital cities where after 10 years you stil can't fly and are more deserted than Chernobyl
    6) Shattrath
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Ah TBC, the best time of my WoW life, and still is

The thing when people look back at expansions is that what they are really looking back at imo is how the community was. bc had a shit ton of quality of life things that were quite bad. Even the questing ui was still in the mmo dark ages. Leveling was such a chore from 67-70. Go out and spend an hour or two doing 5-6 quests and see your xp bar move like 1 or 2 bubbles. No real purpose in obsessing how things used to be imo. People all view it differently and its gone all the same. I mean ya I liked the raids(raided up to bt) but to some degree they felt like gear checks too often.
    Last edited by Berndorf; 2017-01-16 at 07:34 PM.

Despite it's flaws, TBC stands right next to MoP and just under WotLK in terms of how much fun and enjoyment I had with WoW. Crazy that it's been 10 years now...I still stay in touch with people I met from my tenure in TBC.

Them feels... TBC-era WoW (circa 2007-2008) was the prime of my youth, good times good times Enjoyed the hell out of that expansion and played with a tightly-knit group of in-game friends. The sense of "community" often mentioned on forums like these was real, I can testify to that as a first-hand witness, game was very social. Besides maybe a brief 2-3 week break for a Halo 3 binge, WoW was my "sole" video game well into 2009. I literally went months at a time without playing any other game, WoW is the only game that has ever "harnessed" my passion in such a way. I've never played another game even close to the replay-ability of WoW.

Recently got back into WoW to try out Legion, my my how this game has changed... just doesn't "feel" the same as back then I've only been playing casually for a few months now, but my two biggest observations thus far: 1) "AOE healing/tanking/DPS" seems to be the main way to play now 2) no real "community" anymore, seems like just a bunch of anonymous randoms that you run into once and never see again.

I like some of the new changes, for example "streamlining" of alt-leveling and option to pay for your sub with in-game gold, but overall the game feels very... "different".

- a TBC kid, a 90's kid, class of 2006 crew
    Last edited by InternetObserver; 2017-01-17 at 04:50 AM.