View Poll Results: Get rid of the talent tree?

Voters
155. This poll is closed
  • Yes

29 18.71%
  • No

126 81.29%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Removing them wouldn't really change a lot for me actually as in 99% of all situations I use the same talents

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knaar View Post
    Yes, let's make the game even more boring and zzzzz'esque then it is right now!

Next step, making every spec 1 button rotation.
    I don't want less abilities I wouldn't mind 1-2 more abilities even, I would rather just see a set number of abilities that core to the rotation then have a few utility talents and that's it.

10+ Year Old Account
    If only talents were the cause of DPS differences and not inept decisions with weak perception.

Get rid of the current iteration, it's utterly boring and breaks immersion. Why does my character just switch up abilities on the fly? If I'm such a powerful champion, shouldn't I have access to these abilities at all times? The current talent system takes you out of your character constantly. The system helps cover up class weaknesses but doesn't help me feel attached to my character, given that it's so easy to change and that changing talents feels almost necessary if you want to do and ny content beyond lfr.

Really, I just want to see wow go back to more of its rpg roots, utility and cc should be a bigger part of class than just hard dps numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by sluggs View Post
    You do know you can both a fun rotation and not have a talent tree that completely changes how the spec plays right? Those things are not mutually exclusive
    I love the fact that talents can completely change how the spec plays. That's called choice and variety. Havoc or Enhancement are great examples. Time for people to learn to play (and I mean that in the pure sense of the word: engage in play, as opposed to "l2p") and have fun instead of being pseudo-autist and OC about everything.

7+ Year Old Account
    whats with all the tikcol style threads recently....

No. Next question?
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Quote Originally Posted by Eats Compost View Post
    If you actually bothered to read the thread, you'd see that there's some good arguments for at least rolling back some particular kinds of talents.
    I've seen arguments, I have not seen GOOD ones, however.

I would love to see talent trees back in the game.
    But not like the old ones, more like each individual spec has it's own talent tree and stuff like that and we can assign 1 talent every 2 levels, this would make leveling experience feel at least a little more rewarding, the feeling of improvement.

Doesn't FFXIV do this kinda?

I think if they went a head and delete d legendaries, it would give the class balance team a whole lot more time to balance talents instead.

I'm not happy with the current iteration of talents as long as the tomes are so expensive. I don't think that talents should be DPS related. There will always be a best talent for each situation and you end up using tons of tomes. This was fine when tomes were cheap and abundant. Now it's just like a tax. I currently prefer to have one talent being so dominant in every situation just so that I don't have to switch.
    I'd prefer them to either make all talents utility based, to make tomes cheap to use or to re-balance dps talents to a point where it's just about preference. The latter would imply that dps talents on the same tier would be similar. So no more competing between AoE and single-target talents on the same tier.