Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by YouAreSick View Post
    Actually, it could be, at least for my performance. When I drag the mouse quickly, it doesn't register properly, so when things are hectic I'm actually not aiming properly. No need to be so overtly hostile and think you know everything. :] and lol "less pro mouse" it's literally dying, idiot.
    You escalated a completely non-hostile comment into a hostile one. If you're going to ask for advice or help and then any criticism you receive you then call the person an idiot, good luck to you.

Deleted
    Also Janz, your life is a sad one, I imagine.
    Now now, no need to get hostile there just because you can't pay a computer game bro.

If you lack aim, try Winston,Mei or Symmetra..
    As a newb i suggest staying away from heroes with a high skill cap.
    Most tanks are easy to play(and even more important, staying alive) Dva and Winston is very easy to aim with, while Reinhart, Roadhog and Zarya take a bit more skill to utilize to the full potential..

Defense heroes i suggest staying away from the snipers, Junkrat and Mei is pretty strong in most team setups, torbjørn is better than bastion in almost every single possible way, but might take a bit more skill to master.

All the Dmg heroes got a skill ceiling, i think Genji might have the highest and Phara/reaper the lowest.

All the support heroes takes practice to master, but all off them is pretty basic.. Ana have the best burst heal and ult for dmg, Mercy got the best single target heal and best "save the game" ult, Lucio is really easy to heal with and has the most advance movement in the game, Zenyatta is more hybrid than healer and can help take heavy targets down in no time.
    Symmetra got no healing, but her teleporter and shield generator can make it really hard for the opposing team to capture the point.

The game has very competitive ppl (some toxic, some good) even in QM or brawls or whatev, ppl already know the maps, the heroes, etc...almost every player have 100+ hours ahead of you. The important thing here is that you enjoy the game long enough to learn the maps/heroes/combos. I agree with Saafiaxo, try some heroes, and stick with the one you like, and eventually you`ll become a good soldier/pharrah/rein whatev. You have a buddy to play with you, which is great to coordinate combos.

Quote Originally Posted by nmr View Post
    Most tanks are easy to play(and even more important, staying alive) Dva and Winston is very easy to aim with, while Reinhart, Roadhog and Zarya take a bit more skill to utilize to the full potential..

Defense heroes i suggest staying away from the snipers, Junkrat and Mei is pretty strong in most team setups, torbjørn is better than bastion in almost every single possible way, but might take a bit more skill to master.

All the Dmg heroes got a skill ceiling, i think Genji might have the highest and Phara/reaper the lowest.

All the support heroes takes practice to master, but all off them is pretty basic.. Ana have the best burst heal and ult for dmg, Mercy got the best single target heal and best "save the game" ult, Lucio is really easy to heal with and has the most advance movement in the game, Zenyatta is more hybrid than healer and can help take heavy targets down in no time.
    Symmetra got no healing, but her teleporter and shield generator can make it really hard for the opposing team to capture the point.
    Yeah, I tend to do really well with Reaper, Reinhardt, Tracer and Lucio. I try to improve but at this point I just really need a new mouse. It can be frustrating when you try to do a quick 180 and it sorta just stutters to the side a little, as opposed to a slower, more methodical movement resulting in success. It's just very inconsistent feeling, and since I hadn't played the game in about a week, I forgot about that 'til the first reply or two came in. Sorry I didn't do everything the way you assumed someone would, salty guys in the thread.

7+ Year Old Account
    I should also point out that this 99% losing streak is only in modes like 6v6 mystery heroes trying to get our loot boxes. We won mostly every game in quickplay when I picked Reinhardt and him Lucio/Mercy. But when we try to play other heroes we like, we just get shut down. I think it might have something to do with my optical laser mouse's laser dying after 9 years of use.
    in other words, you cant play other heroes, lose because of it, and blame your mouse.

and you are also being a dick to others too:
    Also Janz, your life is a sad one, I imagine.
    wonderful.

my advice, git gud.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Witcher Arafal View Post
    in other words, you cant play other heroes, lose because of it, and blame your mouse.

and you are also being a dick to others too:

wonderful.

my advice, git gud.
    Awww, you adorable.Also, yeah you're right. What an unprovoked attack.
    Last edited by VarsityAthlete; 2017-01-16 at 01:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Awww, you adorable.
    You need to understand people aren't attacking you until you begin insulting people. Take criticism as it is, criticism. Ignore the troll posts and move forward.

Realistically, if you're brand new to the game it's going to take time to learn the heroes, how to counter them and what to do on the maps. If you're playing quick play, it's pretty difficult to really gage how well you are doing and what you should do to improve. If you've tried competitive, that's probably a better format for figuring out where your current skill rating resides and play with people more around your skill level, you'll see a better gameplay then.

If your mouse is dying and is causing a problem, well I think you've found a major issue yourself and only you can resolve the problem. After you fix the issue, then try the game again and put time into it to see what happens.

You won't get magically good overnight, the game does take a lot of hours and effort but you'll be able to see improvement with more play. Good luck to you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nmr View Post

Don't listen to this. Majority is shit advice or plain out statements that are simply false.

I mean, you shouldn't play heroes that require ''no aim'' like Winston. How will you get better? Besides, Winston gets rekt without proper support. Reinhardt is extremely simple in what he's supposed to do, but since he's the most vital tank, everything depends on him playing well. If you mess up important decisions, your team suffers.

Now staying away from the snipers is the only good advice so far, learn the maps first. Learn the passages, the medkits. That will help you out in the long run. Junkrat is easy to kill, and most maps are open anyway. Mei on the other hand is a good pick, but is hard to play, atleast, to do everything right. Torbjorn requires no skill to master. There's nothing to it. While a Bastion has the highest burst DMG, most of the times he's standing still so you need to vary your positioning to stay unpredictable. Very easy hero, but can lead to some fun and unsuspecting kills.

Most offensive heroes have a high skill ceiling. Soldier is the most basic one, not saying he doesn't require skill, but he's pretty straight forward. All the flankers (Tracer, Genji, Pharah, Sombra have a high skill cap. Often dealing with the enemy on their own. Reaper has to deal with extreme close quarters, so may be tough to stay alive, while McCree requires you to have really good aim to be effective. McCree is also very straightforward, but his aiming requirement in order to be effective is one of the highest amongst all heroes.

For healers, Mercy is the easiest. It's just point and click, all you need to have is awareness. Damage boosting at critical moments can make a difference though (Dmg boosting a hooking Roadhog for instance). Lucio is a really fun pick, and vital to the team. If you have an Ana or a Mercy on your team, having a Lucio as the second healer is always a good pick. Wallriding may take some practise, and pushing people off the map is always fun. You just need to know when to use the speed boost. And you'll learn in time once you start to know all the abilities the other heroes have. Zenyatta can be very important. but he requires aim, and a bit more planning. Not as high as a skill cap as Ana though. Who's the hardest to play, and has a very good offensive kit too, sometimes making game saving changes.

All in all it comes to knowing the maps inside-out (Like any other FPS) and sticking to the hero that you think looks the coolest or the most fun.

When Overwatch got announced, Pharah looked to me the most awesome hero (Flying mobility, I always flew helicopters in the Battlefield games, perhaps that might've been the reason) and Zenyatta looked kinda dull to me. But I really enjoy playing him. Practise is key, perhaps play with another friend who's got the game that you can ask questions the same moment you play the game, that's how you learn.

Quote Originally Posted by sasofrass View Post
    You need to understand people aren't attacking you until you begin insulting people. Take criticism as it is, criticism. Ignore the troll posts and move forward.

Realistically, if you're brand new to the game it's going to take time to learn the heroes, how to counter them and what to do on the maps. If you're playing quick play, it's pretty difficult to really gage how well you are doing and what you should do to improve. If you've tried competitive, that's probably a better format for figuring out where your current skill rating resides and play with people more around your skill level, you'll see a better gameplay then.

If your mouse is dying and is causing a problem, well I think you've found a major issue yourself and only you can resolve the problem. After you fix the issue, then try the game again and put time into it to see what happens.

You won't get magically good overnight, the game does take a lot of hours and effort but you'll be able to see improvement with more play. Good luck to you.
    In hindsight I wouldn't have even made the thread. You're incorrect about me attacking people first, though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Marweinicus View Post
    Don't listen to this. Majority is shit advice or plain out statements that are simply false.

I mean, you shouldn't play heroes that require ''no aim'' like Winston. How will you get better? Besides, Winston gets rekt without proper support. Reinhardt is extremely simple in what he's supposed to do, but since he's the most vital tank, everything depends on him playing well. If you mess up important decisions, your team suffers.

Now staying away from the snipers is the only good advice so far, learn the maps first. Learn the passages, the medkits. That will help you out in the long run. Junkrat is easy to kill, and most maps are open anyway. Mei on the other hand is a good pick, but is hard to play, atleast, to do everything right. Torbjorn requires no skill to master. There's nothing to it. While a Bastion has the highest burst DMG, most of the times he's standing still so you need to vary your positioning to stay unpredictable. Very easy hero, but can lead to some fun and unsuspecting kills.

Most offensive heroes have a high skill ceiling. Soldier is the most basic one, not saying he doesn't require skill, but he's pretty straight forward. All the flankers (Tracer, Genji, Pharah, Sombra have a high skill cap. Often dealing with the enemy on their own. Reaper has to deal with extreme close quarters, so may be tough to stay alive, while McCree requires you to have really good aim to be effective. McCree is also very straightforward, but his aiming requirement in order to be effective is one of the highest amongst all heroes.

For healers, Mercy is the easiest. It's just point and click, all you need to have is awareness. Damage boosting at critical moments can make a difference though (Dmg boosting a hooking Roadhog for instance). Lucio is a really fun pick, and vital to the team. If you have an Ana or a Mercy on your team, having a Lucio as the second healer is always a good pick. Wallriding may take some practise, and pushing people off the map is always fun. You just need to know when to use the speed boost. And you'll learn in time once you start to know all the abilities the other heroes have. Zenyatta can be very important. but he requires aim, and a bit more planning. Not as high as a skill cap as Ana though. Who's the hardest to play, and has a very good offensive kit too, sometimes making game saving changes.

All in all it comes to knowing the maps inside-out (Like any other FPS) and sticking to the hero that you think looks the coolest or the most fun.

When Overwatch got announced, Pharah looked to me the most awesome hero (Flying mobility, I always flew helicopters in the Battlefield games, perhaps that might've been the reason) and Zenyatta looked kinda dull to me. But I really enjoy playing him. Practise is key, perhaps play with another friend who's got the game that you can ask questions the same moment you play the game, that's how you learn.
    Incredibly helpful comment.

"Sounds to me like the common nominator in those games is you two. Maybe you're doing something very very wrong?"

Useless comment.

Rofl. Stop it. You're making me cry over here, salty dude.
    "salty! salty!!" says the one getting buttmad at everyone telling him the truth that he doesn't want to hear...

Awww, you adorable.Also, yeah you're right. What an unprovoked attack.
    Being a dick about it or not, those people are telling the truth. Just like any other competitive multiplayer game, no one should expect to start playing and immediately be amazing. If you're new to a game like this, especially when you're somewhat late to the party, it's completly normal to not be very good at first, nothing to be upset about.

If your entire problem comes down to the mouse, why the thread? Trying to find other people with broken mouses to bond with or something? :P

Either way, not much I can add. If it's the mouse then go get a new mouse, it should help a lot more than anything anyone might say here if that's really the problem.

If it isn't (only) the mouse, people already said what to do: Investigate heroes and how to use them, find the ones you can play best and try to stick with those, try to pick what your team needs and work with them, and practice.

Matchmaking especially in arcade games is pretty questionable. If both of you are new to the game and below average skill level plus queueing as a premade, you have all the odds stacked against you.

Deleted

"Sounds to me like the common nominator in those games is you two. Maybe you're doing something very very wrong?"

Useless comment.
    You probably are doing something very wrong. But what do you expect? You just got the game... This game has so many heroes, so many abilities you need to know. Took me a week of playing to learn what everyone does. And I joined late, about halfway S2 (And still reached Masters with an unbuffed Pharah).

Now if I had to make a choice for you, I'd go Soldier, or perhaps Reaper. Heal as Mercy and Lucio. Tank as Dva, and Reinhardt (Don't charge away from your team as Rein) and maybe Junkrat or Mei as defensive.

If you want to know some more specifics, just ask

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    "salty! salty!!" says the one getting buttmad at everyone telling him the truth that he doesn't want to hear...
    Settle down, son. Say what's on your mind. I love how this thread and my ability to admit I have an issue with the game has drawn out all these inferiority-complex ridden little douches to the thread.

Settle down, son. Say what's on your mind.
    You suck at the game. A lot of people do, the point is about having fun. So stfu.

Quote Originally Posted by AzazeltheRuthless View Post
    You suck at the game. A lot of people do, the point is about having fun. So stfu.
    Thanks. 10char

10+ Year Old Account
    Since this thread has been pretty much nothing else but people attacking eachother I'm closing this here.

CLOSED.