Traps failing since patch?

I've posted this on Hunter forums, but people are more interested in PvE there, so copying it here as well:

Has anyone else noticed this as well? Before patch I had no trouble with traps. But since it came out, my traps ocasionally fail to trigger. I arm them, but they just disappear. This happens mostly on PvP, not sure if it happened against mobs. I've seen it happen with both Freezing and Tar Traps. In the case of Tar Trap, it fails to create the slowing area of tar whatsoever. Not sure what causes it, but I think it's something related to waylay.

If your problem is with players could it be the talent that auto trinkets CC that is longer then 4 seconds? Maybe that talent auto trinketed your trap and you didnt notice the animation? Only in game reason I can think of besides a bug.
    I thought about that, but the trinket produces a visible effect (faction crest floating above your head plus distinct sound warning), and I didn't see that happening when the trap fails. Also, even if the autotrinket could explain the Freezing Trap failing, it wouldn't explain the Tar Trap, which doesn't proc the trinket nor should be negated by it, and totally fails to create its area effect.

Any other hunters having trouble with this?

Yep. It's happening to MM too. I have even seen Hi Explosive trap just disappear after it gets run over. It's not often, but it's enough to notice somethings amiss. I've seen a couple streamers have it happen to them too.

Quote Originally Posted by Brocksley View Post
    Yep. It's happening to MM too. I have even seen Hi Explosive trap just disappear after it gets run over. It's not often, but it's enough to notice somethings amiss. I've seen a couple streamers have it happen to them too.
    Nice to know I'm not crazy then.

From experience, it seems to happen when the trap is triggered very quickly after it arms itself. It may also be related with the triggering player having some activated avoidance defense like Anti-magic shell (at least once my Tar Trap failed when stepped on by a DK with shell active). However, I'm not sure these are the causes.