Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    CNN is saying they opted not to cover it live, instead preferring to wait and see what was said.
    I wonder what advantage there is to that though.

10+ Year Old Account
    So May will be the first foreign leader to have a meeting with trump, should be interesting
    dragonmaw - EU

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Just watched his statement.

Holy. Fucking. Shit. What. The. Fuck.
    I am more amazed that he basically made a commercial for Trump's hotel right in the middle of it /facepalm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by serenka View Post
    lol that "press statement" is some serious desperate damage control.
    It's also dangerous damage control.
    Their statement essentially boils down "It's our truth, and our truth only" which is not a precedent that needs to be set.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    This guy could use a few public speaking classes.
    Really you'd think the press sec would be a bit better than at public speaking, he sounded like a high schooler giving a presentation.
    dragonmaw - EU

Spicer is generally more fluid. He clearly didn't want to be reading that.

Deleted
    Donald, Donald, Donald!

Oh btw., i dont mean Trump, but Duck. Donald Duck. The only real Donald out there.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    The relevance is that Trump had far fewer people attend his inauguration than other Presidents. In a thread about people boycotting his inauguration... seems pretty relevant to me. And you are the one who tried to make it about Obama vs Trump, not I. I was merely showing two pictures from the same angle showing typical inauguration crowds vs. Trumps...
    You didn't merely show a picture, you merely showed a picture comparing the guy who has had the largest turn out vs a picture taken during setup, as proven after the fact in this thread. As to your claim that this past Jan 20th was worse than all the rest in the past say 30 years http://heavy.com/news/2017/01/how-ma...ndance-photos/ seems to prove you wrong there too. Again, first X president has turnout higher than all your typical vanilla presidents, not really beyond logic in the slightest.

7+ Year Old Account
    And, again, he had a lower turnout than the second Bush... he was just another white guy AND the second Bush to be pres... What does that say? The reason it was that picture is because they took two pictures from the same spot at the same time at the same angle.
    Really, because link I posted has him beating both Bush's and Clinton's second.

10+ Year Old Account
    And, again, he had a lower turnout than the second Bush... he was just another white guy AND the second Bush to be pres... What does that say? The reason it was that picture is because they took two pictures from the same spot at the same time at the same angle.
    Adding to this: fewer people watched it on TV, too. Neilsen ratings put Trump's inauguration viewership less than Obama, Reagan, and even Nixon.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Adding to this: fewer people watched it on TV, too. Neilsen ratings put Trump's inauguration viewership less than Obama, Reagan, and even Nixon.
    Nope, that's the MSM lying again. I know that for a fact, because Trump told me. They had the biggest attendance ever. EVER.

Doesn't bode well for the future when Trump is behaving like a paranoid central African dictator on pretty much day 1 as president. He is going to need amps that go up to 11 at this rate, because when you are at 10 right across the board, where do you go from there? What do you do when you need that little push that sends you over the edge?

And by amps I mean psychological tests. Is there anything in the rules that allows you to test if the president is a complete whack job? You know, considering that he has access to a button that would mean the end of the world.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    Doesn't bode well for the future when Trump is behaving like a paranoid central African dictator on pretty much day 1 as president.
    is it really paranoia when the majority really is out to get you?

is it really paranoia when the majority really is out to get you?
    We need someone with better skills than mine to come up with a picture of Trump on a golden throne, with the caption "I'm know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid ENOUGH?"
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

7+ Year Old Account
    And yet not beating either's first... AMAZING!
    Your inability or your refusal read, please pick one.

George Bush’s inauguration in 2001 was attended by 300,000 and his 2005 inauguration was attended by 400,000.

So Trump's was more than Bush's combined total.

seem like it's all how they spin it to how the story plays out.
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-ina...222037803.html

7+ Year Old Account
    You are hilarious kid. http://www.ibtimes.com/trump-inaugur...-sworn-2478874

Trump had the fewest attendees in decades. The protest march on Saturday had more attendees.
    So now we are back on comparing Trump's to Obama's? Has anyone refuted this? Yes, Obama had more attendees than Clinton, the bushes and Trump combined. Guess what, I'd expect turnout to be huge during the next monumental presidential inauguration of either a woman or openly gay indulividual. Thanks for pretending you know me and assume that I'm a kid or that you are even older than I am.

7+ Year Old Account
    Read the article. It has info on Bush's inauguration having more people than Trump's. Since you have issues with reality and prefer to trust Trump's team of liars I will stop trying to introduce you to reality. Have a nice day.
    No, it has more people using the metro at a specific time, just like the picture taken at 12:01pm. Good on assuming I'm preferring trumps team of liars over your team of liars.

Quote Originally Posted by bladeXcrasher View Post
    No, it has more people using the metro at a specific time, just like the picture taken at 12:01pm. Good on assuming I'm preferring trumps team of liars over your team of liars.
    Well, this is starting to prove the Trumps tactics could work. Repeat a big enough lie enough times and some people will start to believe it. Or they are so willing to believe anything that what it true become irrelevant. Chilling.