Boulderfist with FoA/overcharge

So I decided to revert back to boulderfist as I wasn't feeling windsong and don't make use of LL enough to warrant taking HH but I seem to be having issues with my maelstrom generation which I've not notice before.

I'm currently running with FoA and overcharge and whilst I am enjoying the current setup I feel very maelstrom-starved. To the point where my FoA falls off and I need to reapply. I also tend to find that I cannot use lava lash at all (unless doomwinds is up) and can only use SS with stormbringer procs.

Whilst this isn't me moaning about the current changes; LB in the rotation took some getting used to but the damage seems very solid, it is quite frustrating sitting around waiting for boulderfist charges to come off cd.

I was just wandering if anyone else was having this issue at all.

You can't realistically sustain FoA and Overcharge with Boulderfist, they are incompatible talents due to how much Boulderfist gates your generation. There are few rules to build types, but Boulderfist has a hard rule that you cannot run it with Maelstrom hungry talents (i.e. Overcharge and Fury of Air specifically) without suffering.

Yeah I figured that would be the case with the maelstrom cost to LB and the constant maelstrom drain from FoA, even with LB being on a 12 second cooldown. Thankfully I've recently got the 3 ranks of LL damage and the golden trait from the weapon which will make using LL a lot more appealing.

Shame really, the bonus damage to LB and FoA from boulderfist was pretty hench!

Blademaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by venny77 View Post
    Thankfully I've recently got the 3 ranks of LL damage and the golden trait from the weapon which will make using LL a lot more appealing.

Nah, it won't. Even with todays buff to doom vortex. People are calling it meme vortex for a reason. With HH talented though, LL damage can get to top 3 damaging abilities, wich reminds me of old days. SS, LL and LB.

Buffing Doom Vortex even by a 100% would be very weak, the golden trait is just that weak and useless. the 33% is just blizzard pretending they care about it.

Understandable, however the bonus 13% damage to LL I get from 4/4 (unfortunately 1 of the relics I have is LL damage increase) certainly makes taking HH more appealing than any of the other tier 1 talents. The lightning bolt damage seems excellent and saving the extra maelstrom through LL being free on proc makes for higher damaging lightning bolts