Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Unhappy Tier 19 Set Bonus Power Ranking

GG Feral ........ no buffs in hotfix yet blizz said "does single target dps like no other" LUL

Last edited by mmoc9947589dfb; 2017-01-17 at 12:33 AM.

just a little question about the WW set bonus:

the 4p gives 3000 mastery, that's 7,5% damage pure, with 100% uptime (say about -0,5% as it does not apply to melee hits). How come, it's stated as 3.7% increase? that's only half of it. does that mean, the bonus can only have an uptime of 50% or where does this come from?

Deleted
    The table just isn't accurate enough to be put to use. Take aff lock for instance, 10% buff to 40-50% of our dmg is more than 2.7%.

I hate spreadsheets like this with no indication of what profiles or sim conditions were used to generate it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sturmcantor View Post
    I hate spreadsheets like this with no indication of what profiles or sim conditions were used to generate it.
    You could spend 30seconds to google the source and see yourself.
    My rogue RIP 2004-2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    No they don’t learn and evidence suggests that. Behavior also doesn’t change and if there is any hope of learning behavior has to change.

Not meaningless declarations easy to say after he regrets offering up evidence he’s a racist.

The arcane APL still evocates at nearly the same time with the set bonus. It needs a lot of work and arcane sims right now are not accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by ceall View Post
    just a little question about the WW set bonus:

the 4p gives 3000 mastery, that's 7,5% damage pure, with 100% uptime (say about -0,5% as it does not apply to melee hits). How come, it's stated as 3.7% increase? that's only half of it. does that mean, the bonus can only have an uptime of 50% or where does this come from?
    Because as a monk you already should have 40+% mastery, so 7% extra mastery is not 7% extra damage

the rogue ones are more or less accurate at least

Quote Originally Posted by Firatha View Post
    You could spend 30seconds to google the source and see yourself.
    you could also spend 30sec to make one of these.

No you couldn't, they were done with the base apls for each spec

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    the rogue ones are more or less accurate at least
    Really? Last I saw, the Sin 2pc didn't provide energy regen or roll into itself (new applications would just overwrite the previous), giving little to no overall benefit except as one extra buff for the 4pc
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

MM one seems over valued compared to the sims that Effinhunter is getting in the hunter subforum - link to thread here:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-1-5-All-specs

He's getting closer to 5% than 7.4% gain from 0->4 set (still with the brunt of it from the 2 set). While the sheet might be a decent rule of thumb, it's far from accurate. It's going to be much the same as always; Give 4 set to your best players that you know will be in for every fight, see how the set bonuses work out over the reset, then give 4 set to the strongest you're still lacking week #2.

Keep in mind that we've got 6 tier pieces now as well rather than 5, so getting 4 set is slightly easier (especially as clever raiders can coin literally every tier and trinket boss for the first two weeks).

Deleted
    That spreadsheet couldn't be more wrong, all the 0.x% (and all 1.x% as well more likely) are the margin of error an indicates that apls are not updated accordingly.

For instance bonus 4pc of arcane is huge and there you have 0.2% increase, sure. No data to back it up but I'd say it will be like +5-10% easily in short-medium fights (~5min)
    Last edited by mmocd2a2ae8157; 2017-01-17 at 09:08 AM.

Fury 2pc and 4pc hardly seems like a 9% buff... theyre pretty trash looking.

This based off ST fights. St fights almost non existant in current content. Specs like SP, Affliction, Destruction will rekt anything on multitarget/cleave fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Yhcti View Post
    Fury 2pc and 4pc hardly seems like a 9% buff... theyre pretty trash looking.
    The fury 4pc is actually extremely good and I play arms mostly

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    MM one seems over valued compared to the sims that Effinhunter is getting in the hunter subforum - link to thread here:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-1-5-All-specs

He's getting closer to 5% than 7.4% gain from 0->4 set (still with the brunt of it from the 2 set). While the sheet might be a decent rule of thumb, it's far from accurate. It's going to be much the same as always; Give 4 set to your best players that you know will be in for every fight, see how the set bonuses work out over the reset, then give 4 set to the strongest you're still lacking week #2.

Keep in mind that we've got 6 tier pieces now as well rather than 5, so getting 4 set is slightly easier (especially as clever raiders can coin literally every tier and trinket boss for the first two weeks).
    It could be that this list was made with the prenerf setbonus.
    Those numbers on MM are the same as the one that got linked before the nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    It could be that this list was made with the prenerf setbonus.
    Those numbers on MM are the same as the one that got linked before the nerf.
    No they're not. It's missing a "1" . The prenerf bonus was reflected in the first version of the sheet, and showed hunters at like 17.5% with 4 set, instead of the current 7.4%. Similiar, but it certainly did change.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    No they're not. It's missing a "1" . The prenerf bonus was reflected in the first version of the sheet, and showed hunters at like 17.5% with 4 set, instead of the current 7.4%. Similiar, but it certainly did change.
    Okay, my bad then, must have missed the date

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    Really? Last I saw, the Sin 2pc didn't provide energy regen or roll into itself (new applications would just overwrite the previous), giving little to no overall benefit except as one extra buff for the 4pc
    it doesnt sim energy regen for me and it's still about a 8% dmg increase in total (i was simming with the HC set which has slightly worse stats than my current gear that's why it's not more like in the sims above)

ofc simcraft itself could be wrong, but it's simming with the right build at least
    both AMR and simcraft are putting me at about an extra 7-9% dmg with the setbonus
    Last edited by shaunika123; 2017-01-17 at 02:30 PM.