Deleted

Every spec for every situation. ELE SHAMAN

Hello guys,

I am coming to you searching for some info. After the good changes in the 7.1.5 I have now some questions about what spec to use in differents situations.

What spec are you using in mythic+? LR + TM + LMT and crit + haste as best stats?

In raid, what are you using? Asc or IF? I am looking to the logs and almost all of the top players are using Asc. I have to say it's easier to use but very boring too.

On the incoming nighthold raid? You guys that tried the ele in the PTR, what would you recommend?

I say this in order to begin my personal quest of getting more mastery gear.

Best regards,

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fearc View Post
    Hello guys,

I am coming to you searching for some info. After the good changes in the 7.1.5 I have now some questions about what spec to use in differents situations.

What spec are you using in mythic+? LR + TM + LMT and crit + haste as best stats?

In raid, what are you using? Asc or IF? I am looking to the logs and almost all of the top players are using Asc. I have to say it's easier to use but very boring too.

On the incoming nighthold raid? You guys that tried the ele in the PTR, what would you recommend?

I say this in order to begin my personal quest of getting more mastery gear.

Best regards,
    TM+AS+EB+LMT+LR with haste>crit>mastery generally, seems to produce good results
    I use icefury to get used to it right now, I think most of the tops logs are ascendence because you can theoretically do better with certain timers on ascendence, eg an exact 3min 30 kill would benefit ascendence much more than icefury due to the boss dying just as your 2nd ascendence drops off, but during progression this is less likely to happen. icefury gives you more movement too, but you have to manage that very well for it to be an actual bonus for you

15+ Year Old Account
    Definately depends on situation, generally I'm going LR for m+. Raiding I'm generally going ascendance but I've found it to be difficult to use on mythic helya and I'm having much better results with ice fury due to the amount of movement. Going into NH it's going to depend on encounter and like it's been mentioned kill times

I'll be playing 1112331 for everything except Skorp / Chrono / Elisande / Botanist.
    Skorp I'll be 3112312 (maybe, might go asc depending on how adds go)
    Chrono i'll be 3112333
    Elisande i'll be 2112233
    Botanist i'll be 1112131
    Last edited by Wilwind; 2017-01-17 at 02:01 PM.

I did asc build tonight, I still don't really like our dps coming from burst windows though, might give a run though with IF tomorrow though, I enjoy IF a lot more and the extra moveability is great.

All of this is sort of a work in progress, but I have 3 gearsets mostly focused on legendary priority, and 2 build variants:

Mythic + content: Sephuz + legendary bracers (boost to CL). I run ER, EB, LMT, Asc for this, trying to get a decent compromise between aoe and ST power.

Raid single target: Sephuz + bloodlust helm, talents change to PoF, Echo.

Raid aoe: bloodlust helm + bracers, talents will probably stay PoF / Echo.

All gearsets etc are mastery-heavy, with crit / haste being somewhat even. I don't use IF under any situations, as I dislike it.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    All of this is sort of a work in progress, but I have 3 gearsets mostly focused on legendary priority, and 2 build variants:

Mythic + content: Sephuz + legendary bracers (boost to CL). I run ER, EB, LMT, Asc for this, trying to get a decent compromise between aoe and ST power.

Raid single target: Sephuz + bloodlust helm, talents change to PoF, Echo.

Raid aoe: bloodlust helm + bracers, talents will probably stay PoF / Echo.

All gearsets etc are mastery-heavy, with crit / haste being somewhat even. I don't use IF under any situations, as I dislike it.
    That's too bad, as you're missing out on the most fun to play spec in Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Hashcrypt View Post
    It's not fun in the slightest to me, which is why I don't bother with it

Subjective of course and since the specs are all very very close to each other anyway why play a build you dont like when all the other ones can do just as well.

Icefury build is two different ability paradigms and mechanics inelegantly mashed into the same spec.

It works, but can be considered annoying and unfun by many people, as well as having significant keyboard real estate bloat.

So i didn't want to create another big topic and I am here now. After 7.1.5 i wanna try ele after ENH 6 months relationship and i wanna ask you: is it possible to get really good dps with my current mastery(81%)/haste(27%) gear? I am totally newbie in good/bad talents because of recent changes, can you help me out? I am looking for some starter build or intermediate. Enh still will be my main spec so i'll keep getting mastery/haste gear. My current build is 3-3-1-2-3-1-2. Please don't tell me that Ascendance is good i hate this one

Quote Originally Posted by Vrothgar View Post
    So i didn't want to create another big topic and I am here now. After 7.1.5 i wanna try ele after ENH 6 months relationship and i wanna ask you: is it possible to get really good dps with my current mastery(81%)/haste(27%) gear? I am totally newbie in good/bad talents because of recent changes, can you help me out? I am looking for some starter build or intermediate. Enh still will be my main spec so i'll keep getting mastery/haste gear. My current build is 3-3-1-2-3-1-2. Please don't tell me that Ascendance is good i hate this one
    I'm not sure how this may apply to the other builds, but from what I've seen with the lightning rod build secondary stats do very little to improve or lower my dps. I've simmed my build using high crit/mastery with low haste gear, high haste and low crit, high haste and low mastery, and they simmed within like 5k dps of each other. When your sim is at 460k 5k isn't much of a difference. I also just equipped my highest ilvl gear for every slot and that actually gave me the highest sim.

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    I'm not sure how this may apply to the other builds, but from what I've seen with the lightning rod build secondary stats do very little to improve or lower my dps. I've simmed my build using high crit/mastery with low haste gear, high haste and low crit, high haste and low mastery, and they simmed within like 5k dps of each other. When your sim is at 460k 5k isn't much of a difference. I also just equipped my highest ilvl gear for every slot and that actually gave me the highest sim.
    ya this was kinda the goal w/ 7.1.5 from what i understand. I see a lot of people obsessing about stat weights when in practice swapping around all my gear options between various builds only really creates a spread of a few %dps.

The reason all stats are good in LR is because LB scales with all of them.

What I have been using:

Heavy AoE (Mythic +9 or less, +10 or above with Fortified, Skorpyron, Spellblade) -> Totem Mastery, AS, Blast, Liquid Magma, Lightning Rod
    Mix of AoE and Single Target Burst (Mythic +10 or above with Tyrannical, Tichondrius) -> Path of Flame, AS, Blast, Liquid Magma, Ascendance
    Single Target w/low movement or Pirority Target Burst (Krosus, Star Augur, Grand Magistrix, Gul'dan) -> Path of Flame, AS, Blast, Echo, Ascendance
    Single Target w/high movement (Trilliax, Anomaly) -> Earthen Rage, AS, Blast, Echo, Icefury
    Sustained Stacked Cleave (Botanist) -> Path of Flame, AS, Fusion, Liquid Magma, Ascendance