Deleted

Enha or Ele for Nighthold - Need HELP

Hello, with NH coming up, i need to decide what spec i'm going to main
    I've used to switch between Enha for Nynthendra, Ursoc, Elerethe, Cenarius and Xavius and Ele for Il'gynoth and Dragons
    Now that ele's ST damage has been brought up to a point where it's comparable to the new 7.1.5 enha, i am tempted to switch to ele for good, since it's more versatile and our raid group could benefit from having less melees.

However, Enhancement's Hailstorm talent is getting buffed back up (and I do have both Eye and the Wrists as my legendaries) and after I get 4set, tempest is going to be the way to go again and I am "worried" that its ST damage will outclass Elemental to such extent where I wouldn't allow myself to not play it.

My current situation: I have roughly the same amount of traits in both enha and ele, I have very good legendaries for both of the specs (Ring,Wrists for Enha and Shoulders, chain lightning wrists for Ele). I have 916weapon in Enha and total equipped ilvl of 893, whereas for ele I only have 911 weapon with 890equipped ilvl (I do however have the mastery cap)

Any suggestions, predictions about the fight composition in NH would be much appreciated.

Deleted
    I have only looked into two fights so far so I can make some boss predictions only for enhancement. Although ele seems to have great aoe burst with chain lightning.

Skorpyron looks like a heavy aoe fight with a burn phase : I am personally thinking of going for a boulderfist build with ancestral swiftness and tempest to get the most add cleave. I have thought about taking a hothand build with wrist and ring with hailstorm and lightning bolt only for the hero phase, but this really hampers my aoe ability on rest of the fight killing adds. It is hard to say without actually experiencing the fight but looks like the burn phase is quite short so take an aoe build - ele is better on aoe as far as im aware.

Second fight Chro: Mostly there's boss and one add next to eachother to cleave to, or you might be burning add/boss alone. This fight is more suitable for a cleave build, you can take hothand or windsong, cleave with tempest as overcharge has no cleave interaction with your crash lightning.

I am not sure if fury of air is staying relevant after the nerf.... but I am personally thinking of going for Crash Lightning atm.

Your guild has a melee slot? Go Enhancer.
    Your guild doesn't have a melee slot? Go Elemental.

You're not currently in a guild but looking to get into one? Go Ele, no one wants a 17th melee.

It's that easy.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gasparde View Post
    Your guild has a melee slot? Go Enhancer.
    Your guild doesn't have a melee slot? Go Elemental.

You're not currently in a guild but looking to get into one? Go Ele, no one wants a 17th melee.

It's that easy.
    Can confirm from personal experience. Our guild is incredibly heavy with melee and after being out of the loop for some time as Enhancement it's best that I just go Elelmental to help take stress off our Warlock and Hunter for the sake of the raid.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.