Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Kil`jaden`s Burning Wish for Assassination

So I was lucky enough to get my 2nd legendary today, and as the title says it was the Kil`jaden`s Burning Wish.
    I currently have eye of command (860) Memento of angerboda (860 with socket) and spontaneous appendages (865).
    any kind of help or just a simple link to a trinket sim would be great

Deleted
    best trinket for m+

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpanda View Post
    So I was lucky enough to get my 2nd legendary today, and as the title says it was the Kil`jaden`s Burning Wish.
    I currently have eye of command (860) Memento of angerboda (860 with socket) and spontaneous appendages (865).
    any kind of help or just a simple link to a trinket sim would be great
    AFAIK, spontaneous appendages barely proccs anymore, might want to ditch it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ribthanwa View Post
    AFAIK, spontaneous appendages barely proccs anymore, might want to ditch it.
    Incorrect, it was a bug that was fixed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flow1 View Post
    Incorrect, it was a bug that was fixed.
    When? cause I used it yesterday in eu and it did around 2% of my total dmg in a couple of m+
    feels pretty bad for a aoe trinket
    Last edited by mmoce5b75ade63; 2017-01-17 at 05:23 PM.

Deleted
    Was unsure at first about the trinket but it have turned out realy realy strong. Several fights have priority adds in nighthold and a on demand burst that also can aoe on need is superb. Running cloak and trinket got me rank 1 assasin on Scorpid last night https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...tion&boss=1849 and even fight if sore of a lol it still show the power of the trinket.

Deleted
    The trinket is very good for assassination. It covers one of the biggest weakness the AP build. There are some encounters in NH where you want to have on demand burst AOE. As Osicat mentioned already the combination of the FOK Cloak and the Trinket give you a huge advantage over other rogues who are not using them in these situations. On a pure ST fight you will not get the same value for obvious reasons, but considering it is also a 940 stat stick it should do just fine.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by osicat View Post
    Was unsure at first about the trinket but it have turned out realy realy strong. Several fights have priority adds in nighthold and a on demand burst that also can aoe on need is superb. Running cloak and trinket got me rank 1 assasin on Scorpid last night https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...tion&boss=1849 and even fight if sore of a lol it still show the power of the trinket.
    The proc did only a small % of your overall damage. If you consider dou could hit tons of adds on skorpy its realy bad. Maybe its bugged or im looking wrong?

It's decent. It got a crazy amount of agi which is very good for sin rogues.
    The use effect is a 15k dps increase on single target.

Quote Originally Posted by woba View Post
    Slow down there captain math. 15k dps increase over what, no trinket at all ?

What I tried to say was: The use is 15k dps.
    and i think you understood that

Deleted
    Dont forget NH have ALOT of piority adds, who pop up for short while, boss where tier shoulders are a example, bloods come and if you have ON DEMAND aoe u can gain a steady dps increace and do good for your guild in a way you cant if you rely on RNG poison bombs.

Sin rogue lack ON DEMAND aoe more than anything else. Cloak and leg trinket is only way to gain on demand burst aoe in a good amount.

Deleted
    Was running MP / Alacrity cloak/trinket with ~140 % mastery on my Scorpio kill that I linked in earlier post.

Use this setup in myt+ aswell and find it extremly strong. With a DK tank in myt + a big pack of adds that are pulled together stealthed pre poted 30 stack FOK, into enevenom into FOK spam + enevenom and trinket give extreme assassin rogue numbers and often not even needed to rupture anything other than the biggest hp adds.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaptenpewpew View Post
    When? cause I used it yesterday in eu and it did around 2% of my total dmg in a couple of m+
    feels pretty bad for a aoe trinket
    Appendages was never aoe, it´s purely single target damage. It´s also complete shit.

Quote Originally Posted by woba View Post
    Not sure about your numbers, but the 2.9k agi (as well as medium amounts of crit and mastery) make it strong even without the use effect.

I have 940 trink/boots/ring and, to my surprise, find that trink + boots sims the same as boots + ring on ST - purely because of the monster stats.

Then there's the fact that on fights like spellblade/anomaly/gul'dan it gives us a really noticeable aoe burst on priority adds, which is exactly what we need. On ST it seems to be affected by Vendetta and works nicely with Old War potion for heroism-on-pull situations.

In single target fights, this trinket is significantly lower than my other trinket (Draught of Souls). Even tested this running SimC and noticed that Kil'Jaedon <2% of my overall damage, whereas Draught of Soul ranges from 9.0%-11% of my damage per fight.

I'm not that optimized right now with >120% mastery but this Kil'Jaeden trinket does increase my overall burst of ~200k on pull.

So yeah, I'm not sure how great it is. I guess I can switch trinkets on AOE fights and on ST stick to Draught of Souls.

Quote Originally Posted by eps View Post
    In single target fights, this trinket is significantly lower than my other trinket (Draught of Souls). Even tested this running SimC and noticed that Kil'Jaedon <2% of my overall damage, whereas Draught of Soul ranges from 9.0%-11% of my damage per fight.

I'm not that optimized right now with >120% mastery but this Kil'Jaeden trinket does increase my overall burst of ~200k on pull.

So yeah, I'm not sure how great it is. I guess I can switch trinkets on AOE fights and on ST stick to Draught of Souls.
    yeah but KBW has shit loads of stats while Draught has only haste, im missing something or looking at % dmg done by both trinkets is pointless?

people definitely focusing pretty hard on the damage of the ability. it has *3000* agility with some crit/haste/mastery to boot. that's an absurd amount of mainstat. i have an 880 draught, a 900 foci, and this legendary trinket (940) and my most reliable pair has been the foci and legendary and that might just be thanks to the 5000 agility between the two.

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    I've been hearing of some Sin Rogues trying out Subterfuge/Alacrity in frequent AoE situations like Mythic+. Since you have trinket and cloak, have you given Alacrity a try to know if it helps our AoE in high keystone dungeons?

I unfortunately don't have either of those legendaries. I lucked up with bracers/boots, though.
    http://imgur.com/a/m9v6Q+13 DHT leader linking overall damage on guild chat, that with MP, Vigor, Alacrity & Subterfuge, legendaries being bracer ( which I consider BEST FOR AOE 'cuz your poisons will hit harder on execute phase mobs[you'll be FoKing a lot, the Poison Knives damage from trait also enters on it], that and Poison Bombs ) + Insignia of Ravenholdt

Though I do see the advantage on having the trinket! Have seen some Spellblade Aluriel fights with guys having almost 1/4 of their entire damage being the trinket alone

I'd like to drop it to test out

But I can say for sure, for mythic+, the solution for assassination is Alacrity + MP ( Subterfuge optional but it's recommended to a faster start ) and a smart tank that will do his best to not allow your Alacrity stacks to drop