Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Sounds like some crappy song they'd put in crappy films like American Pie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 0ptimo View Post
    So Hillary has more integrity or less integrity than these musical acts who are protesting since she's going to the inauguration?
    That depends on her stance towards Trump. If she was completely against him, and still attended and promoted him, her integrity is in question.

When Bernie endorsed her, many of his supporters turned their back on him. He lost his integrity, and has since been trying to repair it, but the damage is done, and he likely will not have the same support by his followers going forward.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Seems about right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not even a little surprising. The demographic that voted for him are also the kind that like country music so yeah

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    "I walk and talk like a field hand
    But the boots I'm wearing cost three grand
    I write songs about riding tractors
    From the comfort of a private jet"
    Couldn't remember his name or would of credited. After searching though it's Bo Burnham and here's the song.

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    It's a quote from a song. And yes, super rich popstars are full of shit too.
    Okay. That sounded like a bad parody song.

Guess that's why I don't listen to Toby Keith.

I used to work at an archery shop and I wasn't allowed to change the radio station from our local country crap. Toby Keith was the only artist I would actually tap my feet to.
    He seems like commercialized corporate manufactured country, but he is pretty fun imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    And the super rich popstars singing about getting trashed, owning expensive cars and houses, partying and flying all over the world understand the plight of the common man, right?

I don't Toby Keith is an everyman. But it's bullshit to talk about how he's a hypocrite for being rich and not the other overpaid musical artists that people suck farts out of thinking they care about the working class.
    The difference is trash country is based on the singers trying to get you to believe that they're just everyday schmucks working blue collar jobs, living simple lives, and struggling to make ends meet. Beer and shitty trucks and skinny dipping and tailgate sex. It's all one big contrived lie.

Popstars who sing about being rich and doing drugs are somehow more honest and have more artistic integrity than stadium country singers because at least they're not pretending to be just another guy like Joe Smith working in his rundown family owned garage that his dad left to him before he died in Vietnam and he's never been able to turn a profit in because he's always fixing people's stuff for free cause he's just a good ol' fashioned small town country boy.
    Last edited by jackofwind; 2017-01-17 at 08:18 PM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    The difference is trash country is based on the singers trying to get you to believe that they're just everyday schmucks working blue collar jobs, living simple lives, and struggling to make ends meet. Beer and shitty trucks and skinny dipping and tailgate sex. It's all one big contrived lie.

Popstars who sing about being rich and doing drugs are somehow more honest and have more artistic integrity than stadium country singers because at least they're not pretending to be just another guy like Joe Smith working in his rundown family owned garage that his dad left to him before he died in Vietnam and he's never been able to turn a profit in because he's always fixing people's stuff for free cause he's just a good ol' fashioned small town country boy.
    Hah absolutely dead on

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    That's what all mainstream country produced in the last 30 years or so is.
    No, I beg to differ

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Nashville is the desperate man's Hollywood, it would seem.

- - - Updated - - -

Which is unfortunate because he made the smart move politically, the one that left room to advance your agenda even if you didn't get everything you wanted. People abandoned him because they wanted him to hold the government hostage or something.
    For me. During the debates he made a case as to why Hilqry wouldn't make a good president. Then when he lost tge nomination, he turned around and saidd she would make a great president.

To me, that says he isn't as honest as we thought. His integrity was lost on that day in my eyes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    For me. During the debates he made a case as to why Hilqry wouldn't make a good president. Then when he lost tge nomination, he turned around and saidd she would make a great president.

To me, that says he isn't as honest as we thought. His integrity was lost on that day in my eyes.
    Well compared to the opposition I'm sure he thought she'd be amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I bet he opens with this:

https://youtu.be/NynbLtRLisg

Although, I prefer the south park version:

https://youtu.be/tVM3O6zOhIU
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    That's what all mainstream country produced in the last 30 years or so is.
    From the world of anti-mainstream, The Punk Group explains Toby Keith pretty well. Saw these guys play at Dante's back in the day. Hear they open for DEVO now.

Sounds like a perfect pick.

10+ Year Old Account

To put it in a song, please see the video below:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    Sounds like a perfect pick.
    Here is two stoners doing country:

https://youtu.be/ZhzWLd7g0ss

... and it's still better than Toby Keith...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    If they're going to get a country and western act, then get one people have heard of. Like Billy Ray Cyrus*, he could do a duet with his daughter.
    Knowing her, she would end up dressed all slutty and grinding against him even thou hes her father.

15+ Year Old Account
    What's he going to sing? Oh let me guess:

Zaaaaaadok the Priiiiiiest
    and Naaaaaaaaathan the Proooooooophet
    anointed Doooooonald Trump kiiiiiiing

and all the people rejoiced, rejoiced, rejoiced, rejoiced, rejoiced, rejoiced, rejoiced, rejoiced and all the people rejoiced, rejoiced, rejoiiiiiced aaand saaaid:

God save Putin,
    long live Putin....
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Here is two stoners doing country:

https://youtu.be/ZhzWLd7g0ss

... and it's still better than Toby Keith...
    More of a joke to the panderous nature of the player and who they are playing for.

And he's a stoner. He's got a song about smoking pot with Willy Nelson.

AND if we wanna talk about good country, check out this fella