Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What keyboard do you use?

I am in the market for a good mechanical keyboard. I would like it LED lit keys (individually lit preferred) and with extra buttons for volume, calculator key would be a huge plus but not necessary. I want something durable and would stand up do a lot of use.

I like this one but it doesn't have volume. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B014SHAGVI...I16D4MQ3A98V99

I use a Corsair K65 RGB (w/Cherry Red switches) on my gaming rig, and a Razer Black Widow Chroma Tournament Edition on my daily driver for typing ('Razer Green' MX Blue knockoffs).

I have an 8 year old Hp keyboard. I love the layout and typing on it but I can't stand the wire. I like to kick my feet up on my desk and put the keyboard on my lap but then I'm always routing the wire around my monitors and headphones and phone charger and it gets annoying.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Denpepe View Post
    I'm pretty happy with this one
    I just got this for $89 on black friday, its great except i wish u could get rid of the wrist pad

Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    I just got this for $89 on black friday, its great except i wish u could get rid of the wrist pad
    it's detachable, or you can put the smaller one in it if you don't like the big one (I'm using the smaller one).

15+ Year Old Account
    it's detachable, or you can put the smaller one in it if you don't like the big one (I'm using the smaller one).
    yea but theres no option to get rid of the entire thing

I'm pretty happy with this one
    Holy hell that's a nice one!

before you buy ANY mechanical, go to the store and check them out.

Switch preference is VERY individual.

I personally cant stand those Romer-G switches that Logitech uses, for instance. Keyboard is well built and has lots of features, but id rather have a 10$ membrane junker than those switches.

Give me MX Blues or Browns any day.

"Microsoft Comfort Curve Keyboard 2000 v 1.0"

since 2012.
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

10+ Year Old Account
    Been using this thing with fake Cherry Blue switches for a while. It works well enough.
    https://www.amazon.com/Tt-eSPORTS-Po...ords=ttesports

I am getting ready to finally order my first Ducky, pretty excited about it!

Right now Magicforce 68 Cherry MX Brown, impressive value I must say.

Deleted
    Corsair K70 Rapidfire. Love it, my first mechanical keyboard. I'm still getting used to the miniscule amount of pressure needed to press a key.

I also like that the keys sit on top of the frame, so cleaning your keyboard is really easy after removing the keys (which is also child's play).

10+ Year Old Account
    Just bought a Corsair K70 LUX with Cherry MX Red switches a few weeks ago LINK. I was a little worried that I wouldn't like it since I originally wanted to get the one with the brown switches but it is only available with red LEDs or RGB ones for $40 more and I really wanted the blue lights but after using it for a couple weeks, I love it. Feels really sturdy and well made and typing/gaming on it is just fantastic.

Deleted
    QPAD MX-50 Brown

Very basic Mechanical Keyboard with Cherry Brown Switches, no fancy Crap - it does its job perfectly.

10+ Year Old Account
    This

Ducky premier w/ thick dyesub pbt caps (mx reds)

Roccat Ryos MK Pro with cherry reds. Great keyboard, a bit overpriced tho.

10+ Year Old Account
    Steelseries Apex 350
    Asus ROG MAXIMUS XI CODE | Intel Core i9-9900k | 32GB RAM DDR4-3200 CL16 | ASUS RTX 2080 SUPER

Razr Blackwidow mechanical keyboard.

It is basically their lower end model. Think I got it for $89 at best buy.

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

I grabbed this last january with cherry mx reds because it's functionally a Corsair K70, but I was able to grab a great deal on it. The passthroughs and macro keys are also a huge plus over Corsair. The only downside is that the volume lights are red LEDS, but since my build is red-themed, I don't really mind it.
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it