Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Oh look it's this troll thread again.
    Well its JT. They like to spam LFR threads while acting like they are a victimized casual except they are an avid gamer and organized raider. They even made a thread about quitting over token prices while then going and using tokens to buy Overwatch.

Quote Originally Posted by lyphe View Post
    It's equally astounding how you don't understand that LFR devalues end-game content that should ideally have a higher skill/teamwork requirement placed on it.

No, it doesn't break the game to have LFR, but the game is worse because of it. If you don't understand that, then perhaps it's baked into your life outlook and I cannot help you with that. Some people like to see people raise their game to achieve higher bars - and other people prefer to lower the bar instead. Bottom line - the premiere end-game content in WoW doesn't need a tourist mode and it devalues the overall feel of the game.
    Weird how there is a heroic and mythic mode for that, for those interested. Huh...

What other people experience and how they do so have ZERO effect on you, so it only devalues they way you think things should be. Some people like to achieve high bars, some don't. Fuck those other guys! Great logic.

It's equally astounding how you don't understand that LFR devalues end-game content that should ideally have a higher skill/teamwork requirement placed on it.

No, it doesn't break the game to have LFR, but the game is worse because of it.
    Its even more astounding that people like you don't understand why LFR is there in the first place.

LFR is the reason you get this high end content anymore.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Its even more astounding that people like you don't understand why LFR is there in the first place.

LFR is the reason you get this high end content anymore.
    Devs have never said that. The devs have only said that LFR is why raids are as large as they are due to LFR justifying additional resources going into raiding. MoP would not have had a 16 boss tier raid.

Those resources did not come out of thin air as well. Though hey go on with how great LFR has been for players with no interest in raiding.
    Last edited by nekobaka; 2017-02-19 at 07:18 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malygaa View Post
    Weird how there is a heroic and mythic mode for that, for those interested. Huh...

What other people experience and how they do so have ZERO effect on you, so it only devalues they way you think things should be. Some people like to achieve high bars, some don't. Fuck those other guys! Great logic.
    You are right that it does not have an effect on how you experience content, but it does have an effect on how much you value the struggle it took to overcome a challenge and reach some specific content. Going through normal/heroic is hard for many people and the reason why they keep doing it despite the hardship comes down to severeal rewards: The gear upgrade, the social experience, the game experience, the game exploration and the personal challenge (with more). These things put together makes raiding worthwhile, but if it does not take much for these rewards to lose their value. The game experience for example, the experience of seeing the raid in both art and feel, and getting the feeling of you being rewarded with content/visual for your hard work. SSC is a great example of an instance that rewards you with visual goods throughout its instance.

Now how does LFR effect this? Well it removes alot of the visual reward. Even though you have progressed towards a new boss on normal, with LFR open, it is not the first that you have seen the boss, its room or its effect. Therefore the reward is taken away from your progression raid and put into a non-challenging enviroment. You go from feeling like you have worked yourway to earning the right to see the content, to a situation where that reward is just given to you without work at all.

So all in all, LFR does take some reward away from Normal and Heroic, since it takes away the first experience. That is why gating is good. It gives raiders the chance to earn that reward through hard work, and since it puts them ahead before others (Me seeing Gul'dan cinematic before people who did not put in the work to clear normal), the value is increased to be something worthwhile.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

No, it doesn't break the game to have LFR, but the game is worse because of it. If you don't understand that, then perhaps it's baked into your life outlook and I cannot help you with that. Some people like to see people raise their game to achieve higher bars - and other people prefer to lower the bar instead. Bottom line - the premiere end-game content in WoW doesn't need a tourist mode and it devalues the overall feel of the game.
    Most people don't care enough to put the time into doing it the harder way.

I don't care enough to do it the harder way. It's not worth the effort. (Organizing my life around raid times, dealing with repeated wipes on issues unrelated to my performance, spending 3-4 hours non stop in the same raid 2-3 times a week for months just staring at a bar repeating a rotation, grinding outside raid times just to keep up with the status quo.) I'd rather just get it done as quick as possible in as little effort as possible, because I flat out don't care or see the value in it.

I just want to see it and be done. It's really not that captivating.

I get what your saying though, it does devalue it, it is stupid to the point that if I do it I wonder why I'm wasting my life doing something so dumb.

However, I'm not really sure there is a lot of real value in raiding in the first place.

That's just me.

As far them breaking apart LFR raids, it's because a large part of the population do it and its a reason to keep them subscribed. It's like throwing a net in the part of the pond with the most fish in an attempt to get more of them.

LFR doesn't fund raids.
    LFR allows raids to have elaborate storylines/cinematics.
    Please understand what the quote yall love to reference means.