Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    To make you sub more than 1 month if you want to do it using LFR.

Also, in the past, some people would feel forced to do LFR to get tier pieces to complement their tier stuff from normal+ (keyword: feel), so by delaying the LFR, those people would complain a little less.

And third: Some devs probably think that delaying LFR will force part of it's playerbase to try normal/heroic raiding. No idea if it works (it didn't for me).

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Also, in the past, some people would feel forced to do LFR to get tier pieces to complement their tier stuff from normal+ (keyword: feel), so by delaying the LFR, those people would complain a little less.
    I hate that because I would love a third chance this week to get some tier.

You're the worst kind of player, entitled and uneducated.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Like the title says Nighthold is cleared day 1 and yet Mythic/LFR still gets gated release dates. why?

There is no reason for ether of these modes to have a gated release date, Even more so LFR having a gated release date that takes nearly 2 months.

With how broken gearing is in Legion there is guilds who can step into Mythic this week.

Its a system that needs to be changed. Casual players who only do LFR shouldn't have to wait a extra nearly 2 months and Hardcore players shouldn't have to wait a extra week.
    because casuals keeps this fucking game alive, and blizz needs to keep them subbed for as long as they can

The top 1% of guilds have cleared heroic, because heroic is piss-easy for those who compete to get first mythic clears.
    Doesn't mean that the rest of the player base is quite there yet. Therefor, the gating :P

If all of LFR was made available on day one Blizzard would get 1 month of subs out of people. By gating it they have a chance of 2 months.

Then ill just stay unsubbed until its all open in LFR....

- - - Updated - - -

Ya I do more then LFR when I feel like it (My paladin in my sig shows this). LFR shouldn't be gated to please a select few.

Edit: Got to love the community, shitting on people just because they do a different raid mode.....

Stay classy
    Normal is for casuals... lfr is for kids that are new on this kind of game, so they dont have to quit to learn.

99% of players wont even clear nighthold hc week 1. Shit players wanna do lfr casual players clear normal nihhthold using group finder

Then ill just stay unsubbed until its all open in LFR....

- - - Updated - - -

Ya I do more then LFR when I feel like it (My paladin in my sig shows this). LFR shouldn't be gated to please a select few.

Edit: Got to love the community, shitting on people just because they do a different raid mode.....

Stay classy
    I'd say you loosely dabble in raids and thats being generous......

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    To make you sub more than 1 month if you want to do it using LFR.

And third: Some devs probably think that delaying LFR will force part of it's playerbase to try normal/heroic raiding. No idea if it works (it didn't for me).
    why on earth would people stay subscribed for a month or more if there is no content for them to do? If anything this causes people to unsub.

This is the part I'll never understand. Blizz gates LFR to try and keep you subbed for two months to do the content. You know what I do in response? Unsub until all of the LFR content is unlocked and then resub for as long as the content interests me. Gating content doesn't really solve the problem of having enough content for the non-mythic person to do.

The week before mythic raid release helps them catch any major class balancing problems and encounter bugs that could hinder the mythic race. It's still rarely perfect, but it helps. It'd be much worse without the week. The PTR data only helps so much, as most players don't take part and don't take it as seriously.

Gating LFR is to prevent LFR gear from impacting normal/heroic raiders' progression too significantly, tho this is a bit archaic with gear in legion being so easily obtainable from non-raid sources.

10+ Year Old Account
    Like the other thread;

If average Joe could do LFR in 1 day, he would and then complain about how there is no new content to do.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Many top guilds were already 890+ average ilevel before the raid opened so that's not a surprise. I doubt Gul'dan will last more than 2 lockouts. Gear is really easy to obtain with M+s.

Quote Originally Posted by CalasEU View Post
    The top 1% of guilds have cleared heroic, because heroic is piss-easy for those who compete to get first mythic clears.
    Doesn't mean that the rest of the player base is quite there yet. Therefor, the gating :P
    There are 21 guilds on wowprogress with 10/10H and 271 with more than half of nighthold heroic down

271 * 25 = 6775 players, about 0.13% of active players if there were 5 million active players.

10+ Year Old Account
    If it wasn't for LFR you wouldn't have the quality raids you do.....and that came from blizzards mouth.
    LFR exists to increase raid participation because before LFR, you had to have 25-40 people to raid, there was no flex, no crz and no premade finder - all these other problems that diminished raid participation.

Blizzard attributing LFR as the holy grail invention, despite all these other solutions that fixed the same problem is just stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Daffan View Post
    LFR exists to increase raid participation because before LFR, you had to have 25-40 people to raid, there was no flex, no crz and no premade finder - all these other problems that diminished raid participation.

Blizzard attributing LFR as the holy grail invention, despite all these other solutions that fixed the same problem is just stupid.
    Because Flex isn't what is increasing participation numbers. LFR is.

Even with Flex you're still getting very very low numbers of people raiding. It's just those benched are no longer benched as much.

Without LFR someone in the business is going to go "Hye, we spend all this money on raids and less than 10% can see it. Cut the expenditure and use it elsewhere. How's that Hearthstone coming along." where I wouldn't be surprised if we'd then have raids that are nothing more than pallet swaps or reused areas like DS was.

Flex and group finder brought clearance numbers to around 30% while ICC estimates was around 10%. LFR is what brought raid content to be experienced by the majority. Attempts to take away non-raiders content to spend it on bigger raids and shove them into LFR as an endgame however have not worked out well and why Legion has focused more on giving non-raiders a viable endgame without stepping foot into a raid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Because Flex isn't what is increasing participation numbers. LFR is.

Even with Flex you're still getting very very low numbers of people raiding. It's just those benched are no longer benched as much.

Without LFR someone in the business is going to go "Hye, we spend all this money on raids and less than 10% can see it. Cut the expenditure and use it elsewhere. How's that Hearthstone coming along." where I wouldn't be surprised if we'd then have raids that are nothing more than pallet swaps or reused areas like DS was.
    Because, as the guy you originally replied too said. Once they see it on LFR, they don't care anymore - they punch out so to speak.

Diminishing returns for accessibility, hahahahahahahahahahaha

So mythic has been cleared by the top 10 for a bit. I still think the length of gating is a bit long. Would not be much of an issue if there was appropriately more non-raid content for the majority.