Nighthold Trinkets

Which ones are you interested in? I was super hyped for the Whispers in the Dark trinket from Gul'dan but from what I've seen the increased casting speed doesn't affect dots so it's probably not actually very good for shadow right?

I just hope I don't get the cake.

Quote Originally Posted by spiritsurge View Post
    Which ones are you interested in? I was super hyped for the Whispers in the Dark trinket from Gul'dan but from what I've seen the increased casting speed doesn't affect dots so it's probably not actually very good for shadow right?

Quote Originally Posted by Syld View Post
    LUL well I guess that solves that real quick.

I'm going for whispers and erratic

Screw stat sticks, they shouldn't exist, they're boring.

Don't care what's "better", I play for fun.

So, what if we have a trinket that is lower than ilvl 860? Should I not use it? I have an 880 Naraxas Spiked Tongue and an 845 Chrono Shard. Should I use the Spiked Tongue over the Shard (I also have an 890 Swarming Plaguehive)?

Quote Originally Posted by Syld View Post
    Is there one for holy priest HPS?

Whispers in the Dark seems to be a cast time reduction rather than a Haste buff. I understand this as the trinket only affect Cast Time and GCD and have no impact on DoT ticking speed and Cooldown reduction of special spells.
    Is that right ?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    I'm going for whispers and erratic

Screw stat sticks, they shouldn't exist, they're boring.

Don't care what's "better", I play for fun.
    You say this, but erratic is basically a stat stick lol.

Whispers in the Dark was nerfed to 34% casting speed. I wonder how that affects this list.
    Also I'm assuming channeled spells like MF and Torrent is affected by the 34%?
    In a world of deceit, open your eyes.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GGA1759 View Post
    Whispers in the Dark was nerfed to 34% casting speed. I wonder how that affects this list.
    Also I'm assuming channeled spells like MF and Torrent is affected by the 34%?
    It says casting speed but it performs as if its haste. It just does not affect hasted cool downs.

Quote Originally Posted by justflayin View Post
    You say this, but erratic is basically a stat stick lol.
    Healers want the trinket from star augurr and a regen trinket, severed spine is apparently quite good.

- - - Updated - - -

The reason why whispers in the dark affects casting speed and not hasnt isnt because of hasted cooldowns, its so melee that have 'spells' wont be able to make use of the proc.

Enhance, Ret would be all over this.

Icon of Rot is dogshit. Would not recommend, it was only doing 1-2% of my damage.

Really hope they buff the trinkets, feels pretty bad that most of the raid trinkets are significantly worse than mythic+ trinkets for most classes. I think we are even lucky as shadow to have 2 viable raid trinkets.

What about the legendary trinket? Yesterday I killed the world boss and it dropped Padawsens Unlucky Charm AND the leggy trinket. I realise it's a better version of Padawsens, but does anyone know how it holds up against the other higher trinkets (Seeins as Padawsens is already fairly high on the list). It's also my only other legendary at the moment, so gonna use it not matter what for the time being.