Question Minus 17% on Flame Patch...worth?

I've been using using FP to go along with FS on aoe since the patch rather than living bomb but I see they today nerfed FP 17%. Is it worth even taking now...I know FP wasn't near what it was pre patch on ptr but it seemed to be decent.

Idk. Everyone used LB and now they nerf FP? BalanceWithBlizzard(tm), probably.

Idk, FP was great while on PTR (memestrike ST build..) And it's more situational compared to LB.

Either you wait for all mobs to be stacked together to use LB or you hope that your tank doesn't run around like a chicken and pulls the mobs out of the flame patches.
    Last edited by Rylalai; 2017-01-18 at 08:11 AM.

They nerfed it because it was strong enough you could use it on single target. Now it is still worth using if you have mobs that wont be moving and will be alive for awhile. For me there are too many ways that could go wrong so unless FP was way ahead I would take LB since it has more practical usage.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    They nerfed it because it was strong enough you could use it on single target. Now it is still worth using if you have mobs that wont be moving and will be alive for awhile. For me there are too many ways that could go wrong so unless FP was way ahead I would take LB since it has more practical usage.
    hmmm.
    I thougt Flame patch was already "secretly" nerfed since next FP do not add to previous one but overwrite it... in my mind that 17% was not necessary :s

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    They nerfed it because it was strong enough you could use it on single target.
    It was on the ptr and didn't go live. On live it was only good at 4 targets. At 3 and less you would just use pyro, at 5 and more LB is better. Now there is no point using it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Imaskar View Post
    It was on the ptr and didn't go live. On live it was only good at 4 targets. At 3 and less you would just use pyro, at 5 and more LB is better. Now there is no point using it at all.
    It's like the blizz bug team fixes the FP stacking bug on PTR and then 1 week later the balancing team comes along and provides its way of "fixing" the (already fixed) bug by reducing the overall damage. It might be a case of "The right hand doesn’t know what the left hand is doing"..

Deleted
    It is useless. Talent is too situational. At boss ennouncter you can spam some flamestrike to aoe adds but after that what? You stick with talent what doesnt work most of time while living bomb can still be used for dmg o single target regarless of situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Imaskar View Post
    If you were using blue flame special relics the target number was lower then that. Sure getting 3 of those is an extreme example, but you could do it and a few ran with it. This does shine a light on another balance issue that the weapon and relics create.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndor View Post
    It is useless. Talent is too situational. At boss ennouncter you can spam some flamestrike to aoe adds but after that what? You stick with talent what doesnt work most of time while living bomb can still be used for dmg o single target regarless of situation.
    wrong.. lb is a dps loss on single target where as flamestrike and patch are always a increase.. u can use it with mobs and boss.. cast and forget.. the nerf has it doin less dmg then it did true but still a overall great utility u can use on st/mt encounters.. and it scales great with int/crit/vers/traits and it helps out with ignites no??? i dont think lb does.. but u use whatever u feel best with..