Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

rank 3 flask? someone else with my rng?

Really, iam getting tired of this now.. past 2 weeks i spended almost 700 000g to try get rank3 on agility flask, and iam not kidding.. yea i get some money back from selling my 2300 flask i crafted, but still not enough...

My guildmate crafted 100 and got r3.. my other friend did 5 flask.. and am sitting here crafting 2300 flask of the retarded demon, and still no rank3.. is my charachter bugged or something? this cant be fo real..

10+ Year Old Account
    RNG is terrible in Legion, and the poor alchemists suffer the worst out of any profession. I see tons of Alchemists working for free and PAYING people money the second they get a rank up. It's bad design honestly, it doesn't make the professions better to have RNG in them to get rank ups that are honestly what we had before with Potion/elixir Mastery

Deleted
    well someone told me its 1 % to get r3... then i would get it if i created 1000 flask, but nah i almost created 2500... fun game..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by snoogentz View Post
    well someone told me its 1 % to get r3... then i would get it if i created 1000 flask, but nah i almost created 2500... fun game..
    That's not how RNG works. Even on your 10,000th craft, the chance of not getting r3 is still 99%.

You'd have to be insanely unlucky to get that far of course, but yeah...

Deleted
    Yeah, still on Rank 2 on all of my flasks with hundreds of them done already. It's annoying and stupid. I have ranted about this topic quite a lot of times in our voicechat and I am still baffled how this shit made it through the design stage.

Funny thing - I never made the Ranged-Potion. Ever. Our Spriest asks me one day to make him few stacks of them and Rank 3 procs after 6 Potions.

The Potions I am making pretty much every day either proced after hundreds (again), or are still at Rank 2. Which is crazy.

inb4 someone who got it to proc after 10 telling me, that that kind of RNG is fine.

Deleted
    I don't have any rank 3 flask recipes but i did not try too hard to get it.
    Mainly flasks for me and some friends.

Is there a way to check how many flask of each i created?

I can never imagine taking alchemy without herbalism, sounds like the biggest gold sink out there.

But yes I have your RNG. Me and a few others on our server dominate the flask market. Still no rank 3 and I've been producing since the start of legion. Just passed 5million gold though, so I got that goin for me.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

i made around 100 stamina and 50 intellect flasks yesterday, still no R3, however i got HP pot rank 3 that brings me some gold :/
    zug zug

what is it paladin, one zug is not enough for ya?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    lore should be voluntary to the game. not obligatory.

Reading all the comments I guess I am super lucky then.

I usually craft around 40 to 60 flasks a week since I use them in M+ a lot for me and my LAN friends. Procd rank 3 in all leigon flasks, old war, and deadly grace.

Took me less than 40 crafts to get rank 3 intellect flask, and less than 60 for the rest making flasks for friends.
    Deadly grace and old war less than 100 crafts as well.

Soooo either I am super lucky or it's not really 1%.
    Last edited by Lucifer Morningstar; 2017-01-18 at 07:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by snoogentz View Post
    Really, iam getting tired of this now.. past 2 weeks i spended almost 700 000g to try get rank3 on agility flask, and iam not kidding.. yea i get some money back from selling my 2300 flask i crafted, but still not enough...

My guildmate crafted 100 and got r3.. my other friend did 5 flask.. and am sitting here crafting 2300 flask of the retarded demon, and still no rank3.. is my charachter bugged or something? this cant be fo real..
    It took me 1800 crafts for agility, 4000 for int and 200 for Str. I had people in my guild get some r3's even from the first craft.

I just sucked it up and invested 5 million in herbs and got all rank 3's pretty fast. Made 27 million from Flasks/under 1k of each pot since they don't sell since the expansion started but that's pretty much because I was one of the first to have rank3 and I have enough gold to reset the market when I want...like tonight.

15+ Year Old Account
    I've made over 1,000 strength flasks. No Rank 3?

Deleted
    I've made 1000s of int flasks and not got rank 3 either. I'm not usually one to complain but I think it's bullshit if you can craft that many and not rank up. there should be some sort of bad luck protection in place (i.e. an absolute maximum limit of flasks you will craft before you're guaranteed to get rank 3).

I don't like the RNG aspect in professions, they should just add some crazy quest chain to obtain Rank 3, instead of this bullshit.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    fear not OP, im in the same boat - its not just you

Yeah its dumb hopefully they will give rank 3 guaranteed in a future patch

Deleted
    would you be mad if i told you that i got my str flask + old war pot rank3 on my first craft both times? i honestly thought they fixed it that you get r3 to 100% now until a friend told me otherwise

I have two flasks at rank 3, Int for a while now and got Stamina last night after around 400 total. Ancient Rejuvenation potions took over 1,500.

There should be a number that you craft, say 500 where you automatically get rank 3 and at the same time can proc rank 3 from their standard rank 3 proc chance on the way to 500.

Herbalism rank 3 is bad as well. I am still working on a few of those.
    Last edited by Amonthar; 2017-01-20 at 03:57 PM.

Still Rank 2 on all of my flasks.

Maybe by 7.4 they will add bad luck protection for this...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mystrome View Post
    That's not how RNG works. Even on your 10,000th craft, the chance of not getting r3 is still 99%.

You'd have to be insanely unlucky to get that far of course, but yeah...
    well. probabilities is something quite complicated.
    assuming there is no such thing as a "bad luck prevention" for this kind of things,
    assuming you have 1% chance on each craft to loot the 3rd rank

After 100 crafted items, your next craft is 1% chance as all the previous one. Sorry.

The only thing you could multiply is your unlucky strike.
    0.99x0.99x0.99 ... x0.99 many times.

after calculations, you still have 5% bad luck after 300 crafts, with no rank 3... meaning there was something around 95 % of looting it. But sometimes shit happens.