Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I'm used WotC, Stomp, BF, AMOC and KC for Anomoly, Trilliax and Krosus. For every other fight I swap in DS, BS and volley. Then came Gul'dan.

Gul'dan heroic was a really long ass fight, felt like they were worried about another Xavius so they just pumped Gul'dan's HP through the roof. I swapped my talents around a few times before we got the kill as I wasn't sure if ST talents would be better suited to the length of the fight and amount of HP he has, or focus on MT talents due to the frequency of adds. Ultimately MT talents were most optimal, the Dreadlords and Eyes have such high priority and getting them at the same time because of slow dps on them is painful not to mention empowered eyes are just cancer in p3 with soaking souls and flames of sargeras going on at the same time.

15+ Year Old Account
    After discussing on discord and taking into consideration I have no belt (or gloves), but the boots:

NEW: Lnl/explosive/volley/piercing

#Skorpyron Heroic AOE
    LNL
    Explosive
    Volley
    Belt: Trickshot, otherwise: Piercing Shot

#Chronomatic Anomaly AOE
    LNL
    Patient Sniper/Explosive
    Volley

#Trilliax ST
    True Aim
    Patient Sniper
    A Murderer of Crows
    Trickshot

#Spellblade Aluriel AOE
    LNL
    Patient Sniper/Explosive
    Volley

#Tichondrius AOE
    LNL
    Patient Sniper/Explosive
    Volley

#Star Augur Etraeus ST
    True Aim
    Patient Sniper
    A Murderer of Crows
    Trickshot

#Krosus ST
    True Aim
    Patient Sniper
    A Murderer of Crows
    Trickshot

#High Botanist Tel'arn AOE
    LNL
    Patient Sniper/Explosive
    Volley

#Grand Magistrix
    LNL
    Patient Sniper/Explosive
    Volley
    Piercing Shot

#Guldan
    LNL
    Patient Sniper/Explosive
    Volley
    Piercing Shot

Deleted
    Hello guys. It may sound dumb, but do i have to keep volley activated when there is only one target (as a BM hunter) or it's better so disable it because it cost too moch focus for the effet ?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    So...Piercing shot is preferable now?

Can we disengage on Fel Bonds?

Quote Originally Posted by Khrux View Post
    I'm used WotC, Stomp, BF, AMOC and KC for Anomoly, Trilliax and Krosus. For every other fight I swap in DS, BS and volley. Then came Gul'dan.

Gul'dan heroic was a really long ass fight, felt like they were worried about another Xavius so they just pumped Gul'dan's HP through the roof. I swapped my talents around a few times before we got the kill as I wasn't sure if ST talents would be better suited to the length of the fight and amount of HP he has, or focus on MT talents due to the frequency of adds. Ultimately MT talents were most optimal, the Dreadlords and Eyes have such high priority and getting them at the same time because of slow dps on them is painful not to mention empowered eyes are just cancer in p3 with soaking souls and flames of sargeras going on at the same time.
    Hi - so am I hearing you like Volley on Guldan for BM? I thought I heard Azor say during interview one can use disengage to solo Fel bonds - anybody know if this is true? Been afraid to try it as I have been pugging since our guild fell apart and I did not want to risk getting kicked on a fail.....

Any other tip/trickss for BM on these fights? I have not seen a sticky anywhere yet.

I switched to BM from Marks with 7.1.5 came out. Been pumping all my AP into that spec and so far, not been disappointed. Thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont think volley is much use, best go for max st damage.
    Eyes damage is important, but not worth sacrificing that much damage for + their pretty spread so you wont hit all, and when empowered its just one eye.
    If anything you might want blinks over bf just for ease of swapping targets.

Turtle + disengage and you solo empowered fel bonds (if you get targeted).
    Try to reset amoc on each of the big adds.
    For the action button, make sure you use it just as he finishes his transition to phase 3 <- with lust + second pot.
    Also the normal eyes doesnt deal fire damage so feel free to use the buff on them, with empowered eyes you have to wait and see its targets or risk losing it instantly.

So...Piercing shot is preferable now?
    Its legit in many situations but it has to be used effectively

Its a skill shot where you have to mange resources and timing.

The ability doesnt have a set focus cost but will use all available focus, the more focus you spend, it does more damage.

If you have taken patient sniper you want to use it when you have max focus and at the very end of your vuln window which can be very tricky to weave into your rotation.

My opener will look like this:

prepot
    pull
    lust
    trueshot
    windburst
    aimed (spam aimed in the first vuln window)
    aimed
    aimed
    aimed
    arcane
    aimed
    arcane
    arcane
    marked (second vuln window)
    aimed
    aimed
    arcane (pool focus for end of vuln window)
    arcane
    piercing (do 7mil crit)

With 30 sec CD, it is very easy to have it available for add packs and do high burst. Amazing on fights like skorp, tichondrius, spell blade.
    MM hunter maintained single target dps is still a lot less than many specs but we contribute well in add burst phases which helps bring our numbers up.
    To give an example, last night for H-Tich I think I did about 140m damage just to bloods which accounted for 75% of my damage.
    Last edited by Absoul; 2017-01-30 at 01:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyllea View Post
    Hi - so am I hearing you like Volley on Guldan for BM? I thought I heard Azor say during interview one can use disengage to solo Fel bonds - anybody know if this is true? Been afraid to try it as I have been pugging since our guild fell apart and I did not want to risk getting kicked on a fail.....

Any other tip/trickss for BM on these fights? I have not seen a sticky anywhere yet.

I switched to BM from Marks with 7.1.5 came out. Been pumping all my AP into that spec and so far, not been disappointed. Thanks!
    I've reconsidered Volley, I killed him four times with it and wasn't really impressed with the overall damage. You can only really use it in the early phases with unempowered eyes(before they teleport to Africa), the dreadlord spawns or the triple big adds at the start of the fight. With Gul'dans Massive health pool and the relatively low life on the adds Volley doesn't seem to be worth, this week I'll be running crows and focusing on resets from the various adds throughout the fight.

You can indeed solo bonds, turtle + disengage to freedom. I don't bother for the unempowered bonds as you'll usually be stacked so can easily have others get you out but for empowered when your tossed across the room just solo them.

- - - Updated - - -
    Last edited by Khrux; 2017-01-30 at 11:02 AM.

Yeah anyone can get bonds including melee and tanks, guess your hunters have been lucky. I've never had it more than once per encounter though, so I've always just said on comms that I'll solo it and don't need to disrupt others to come help.

Quote Originally Posted by Yindoo View Post
    Do you even get bonds as Hunter? I killed him 4 times now (2 nhc 2 hc) and out of 30 tries not a single time any hunter (2-4 depending on the setup) got the bonds.
    Yeah confirmed you get bonds and you can turtle disengage out of it (N and H done)

As MM I personally run with these

Skorp - meme build
    Chrome - trick/volley/lnl/ps
    Tril - ST trick build
    Spell - Sidewinder for heroic, meme for normal
    Tich - meme build
    Kross - ST trick
    Star - ST trick
    Botani - sidewinder AoE build
    Elisande - trick/volley/lnl/ps
    Gul'Dan - trick/volley/lnl/ps

Sidewinder is great for spread adds. Meme build is excellent for stacked adds.