... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Except a wheelchair user can't sit on somebodies lap
    Not with that attitude

10+ Year Old Account
    Except a wheelchair user can't sit on somebodies lap
    There are varying reasons a person may be in a wheel chair. Many are able to get out of their chair to sit in a seat, though it may require a little assistance. Yes there are those who are absolutely paralyzed, but I can't imagine that is the majority.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    Not with that attitude
    Is that a sausage in your pocket?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a wheelchair user

Babies can be put on your lap and the pram folded, wheelchair users can't
    I'll take you on my laps, darling

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    There are varying reasons a person may be in a wheel chair. Many are able to get out of their chair to sit in a seat, though it may require a little assistance. Yes there are those who are absolutely paralyzed, but I can't imagine that is the majority.
    Which returns to my EVERY BABY and SOME WHEELCHAIR USER argument

Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    Aye your right, just look at that worthless eater Stephen Hawkins.
    1 in a million. Grats!! Name me 10 more. Don't worry, I'll wait.

Deleted
    I'm a wheelchair user

Babies can be put on your lap and the pram folded, wheelchair users can't
    an empty pram can be folded, but typically people put more stuff in them then a baby, like diaper bags or groceries. so it can easily become a big hassle. i personally also think a unfolded pram with brakes on the wheels is safer then a unsecured folded pram in a bus.
    in the end a typical bus only has one space designed for such things, and accommodations can't always reasonably be made if two show up.

ofcourse, if i was the bus company i'd just put a "disabled / pram " sticker over the current "disabled" sticker and avoid any further negative press.

Sorry as much as it a pain in ass to wake a baby. Wheelchair users have priority in this case.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonkaden View Post
    1 in a million. Grats!! Name me 10 more. Don't worry, I'll wait.
    First the guy tollshot was quoting is actually joking and uses a wheelchair themself
    Secondly Hawkins isn't the only disabled productive member of society

Babies/ kids are a choice, so is not having a car for these people (for most of them anyway). Wheelchair bound people don't really have an option for this. If you really feel the need to go shopping then have someone drop/ pick you up instead with your pram and sprouts. Hogging up space with a pram is really damn annoying, especially when they do it on these super busy times as well. Had it a while ago, two arrogant young mothers with 2 prams and just pushing them in when there was almost no space and they actually hurt some people who literally couldn't move, but no they had to stand exactly in the middle blocking the freaking entrance....

Also pregnant/ family spots are ridiculous concepts as well, being pregnant isn't a disability.
    ~ stuff, the best thing ~

Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    an empty pram can be folded, but typically people put more stuff in them then a baby, like diaper bags or groceries. so it can easily become a big hassle. i personally also think a unfolded pram with brakes on the wheels is safer then a unsecured folded pram in a bus.
    in the end a typical bus only has one space designed for such things, and accommodations can't always reasonably be made if two show up.

ofcourse, if i was the bus company i'd just put a "disabled / pram " sticker over the current "disabled" sticker and avoid any further negative press.
    Which is what our bus company does. I understand from the articles - and I may be mistaken - that the UK has that space set apart by legislation for disabled, but not for prams.

10+ Year Old Account
    First the guy tollshot was quoting is actually joking and uses a wheelchair themself
    Secondly Hawkins isn't the only disabled productive member of society
    Aww you ruined it

Wheelchair-users should of course have priority, their options are rather limited otherwise.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

What? Do you expect these parents to hold their child? That's insane!

Babies have cooties
    The proper waifu is a wholesome supplement for one's intrinsic need for belonging and purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayarea View Post
    Also pregnant/ family spots are ridiculous concepts as well, being pregnant isn't a disability.
    Pregnancy is different as pregnant women can generally take any of the garden-variety seats. And they usually get them without asking.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Which is what our bus company does. I understand from the articles - and I may be mistaken - that the UK has that space set apart by legislation for disabled, but not for prams.
    And it doesn't work because wheelchair users are fucked if every bus has a pram. Wheelchair users have a shit time already with transportation that a number simply stay home and grow depressed because they physically can't travel due to various issues

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Pregnancy is different as pregnant women can generally take any of the garden-variety seats. And they usually get them without asking.
    Talking about these parking spots which someone mentioned earlier as well .
    ~ stuff, the best thing ~

I would never accept to hold my baby on a bus, due to stuff like above.

Also, sometimes babies are disabled and are in prams because they usually don't make baby wheel chairs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnhild View Post

I would never accept to hold my baby on a bus, due to stuff like above.

Also, sometimes babies are disabled and are in prams because they usually don't make baby wheel chairs.
    Then don't use busses if that's your argument

Deleted
    Makes sense to me. The only issue with this is what will drivers be required to do. As long as the new rules allow the drivers to kick people out of the buss if they don't move from the spot it would be mostly fine but there's not a lot that can be done to forcibly remove someone at least not without opening the gates for new "assault" or "harassment" lawsuits because people didn't want to leave.

Overall a good change but how it will be enforced is something to look forward to.