Thread: Skorpyron logs

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Skorpyron logs

So I was just looking at logs for that fight and as expected, mages are in the top.

My question is: how are they pulling 3-4 million dps? are they pulling in more adds on purpose to pad meters because I don't see how LB can do that much DPS on waves of 4-6 adds.

Site wouldn't let me give the short answer... so the long answer is....

Padding

Padding pre much. Pulling extra adds and Combustion AoE helps. [emoji14]

| Mage | Rogue |
    - Barthilas-US -

10+ Year Old Account
    Because if you were to look at the logs, 90% of their damage is probably on the adds.
    I know not with what weapons WWIII will be fought, but WWIV will be fought with sticks and stones. ~Albert Einstein

You could spec Cinderstrike and have a laugh.

You might get kicked from the roster but hey... big deeps.

Run around the edge of the room pull all the scorpions and let the mages kill them.

Deleted
    As a guy who's average mage but dealt 4mil dps on HC last night - yes, they pull extra adds but not because of meters but because it's one of the strats to just stand in the mist that spawns adds. On top of that it's living bomb + diadem + DB + ROP + cinderstorm, where ROP is the key part of all of this, I tried MI and IF but only ROP guartantees you will reach 4 mil with like 878ish iLvL w/o ROP it's like 2,5mil

Some of those logs have like 700 scorpions spawned, its pure padding.

Last night with some mess-ups for reference my guild pulled 70~ scorpions doing the fight correctly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Equim View Post
    I really don't see anything wrong with playing what you enjoy. Be it Frost, Fire, Arcane or Hello Kitty Island Adventure.

Firemage nerfs inc because "OP DAMAGE" again? :>

Deleted
    dps rankings on this fight is not worth looking at (except for mythic when it is available).
    People just have fun with tons of adds to raise dps above the sky.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylalai View Post
    Firemage nerfs inc because "OP DAMAGE" again? :>
    And on any other boss fire is garbage tier but blizz will nerf LB anyway and rop down to 30%, mark my words

So wierd though. I hope they are not as braindead, as not to have foreseen/anticipated scenarios like this :S
    Also they should wait and see how it fares on mythic, but guess we will have to wait and see what happends ^^

There might be some potential gain for single target as well considering the LB damage done to boss from all the explosions, provided that you don't go out of your way only to pad adds. Main reason is big numbers, but hey, at least there could be some minor justification :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deith View Post
    And on any other boss fire is garbage tier but blizz will nerf LB anyway and rop down to 30%, mark my words
    lol.
    these are just ridiculous logs.
    It gives High numbers but this does not make the encounter shorter nor better executed.
    Just more heal, more dps, more damages, more targets....

Just look at guilds that did the best rankings as a fight execution and timing. it is much more usefull !

Have your tank stand where the adds spawn and your whole raid will do miraculous damage

Quote Originally Posted by faguoren View Post
    lol.
    these are just ridiculous logs.
    It gives High numbers but this does not make the encounter shorter nor better executed.
    Just more heal, more dps, more damages, more targets....

Just look at guilds that did the best rankings as a fight execution and timing. it is much more usefull !
    I agree, and that's what everyone should do when looking at logs. But we all know that a boss that allows this much padding will inflate the overall DPS and soon the "player damage - all bosses" linking guys will spam Blizz asking for nerfs and some classes will be destroyed, just like happened with Xavius padding and Fire Mages.

Quote Originally Posted by Shihao View Post
    I agree, and that's what everyone should do when looking at logs. But we all know that a boss that allows this much padding will inflate the overall DPS and soon the "player damage - all bosses" linking guys will spam Blizz asking for nerfs and some classes will be destroyed, just like happened with Xavius padding and Fire Mages.
    Like our boomkin the other night on Trillax, 110m to boss, 180m to scrubbers!
    I really don't see anything wrong with playing what you enjoy. Be it Frost, Fire, Arcane or Hello Kitty Island Adventure.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcpenco1234 View Post
    as expected, mages are in the top.
    Only 2nd place behind the warlocks. We aren't best on aoe anymore. Oh well...

Quote Originally Posted by smaktat View Post
    wow hang on a minute, so I can use a firemage talent whilst I firemage as a firemage?