Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadow of Valentina (Gaiden psuedo-remake)

In this afternoon's Fire Emblem Direct, it was revealed that the next Fire Emblem game, Echoes: Shadow of Valentina, will be a "Gaiden inspired" game to be released on the 3DS on May 19th. (For those who don't know, Gaiden was the second Fire Emblem game, and was never imported outside of Japan). Notable changes include the storyline being revamped with traditionally animated cutscenes and a new art designer. More to be revealed in the weeks ahead.

15+ Year Old Account
    Best year in games keeps getting better. I don't have enough money for all this shit.

Is this the mobile game? If so, lame

If not, awesome. Been playing Fates obsessively for the past couple weeks

Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    Is this the mobile game? If so, lame

If not, awesome. Been playing Fates obsessively for the past couple weeks
    No, this is the 3DS game that was announced today, and has absolutely nothing to do with the mobile phone game.

Yay for getting another title for the 3DS, I hadn't gotten anything for it in some time.

Glad to know they're going back to remake the old ones we never got out West.

Also glad it can't end up as another Fates...still annoyed they split the story into 3 and caused each story to feel so fragmented.

Does this mean i cant pick my waifu?

The 3rd person rpg elements sound great.

This reminds me I never did finish Fates, I got a ways into it, and got frustrated that the stage I was on, no matter what I did, always seemed to kill someone. I should just play through on casual, lol.

Anyway, I'm glad this is gonna be on the 3DS, as it means I can avoid buying a switch right away (Given that proper FE title is headed for the switch next year, I'll probably end up buying one eventually, even tho I think the switch looks like a piece of shit, hopefully it's cheaper by the time the FE title for it is out)
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

I'm excited no word on a CE for the west?
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm really thinking I might need to buy a 3DS... I need a solid SRPG and Fire Emblem and Bravely Default seem to be the best around.

And they're 3DS Exclusive :'(
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

7+ Year Old Account
    I hope they fix the BS elements out of the remake AKA Witches summoning monsters like crazy.

Also the Dungeon Crawling looks really cool gotta say I am Hyped also do you think they will release more news at E3 direct of this new Fire Emblem Switch title?

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    I'm really thinking I might need to buy a 3DS... I need a solid SRPG and Fire Emblem and Bravely Default seem to be the best around.

And they're 3DS Exclusive :'(
    You can get a 2DS if you don't care about N3DS exclusives which at this point has only 2

Quote Originally Posted by Karamaru View Post
    I hope they fix the BS elements out of the remake AKA Witches summoning monsters like crazy.

Also the Dungeon Crawling looks really cool gotta say I am Hyped also do you think they will release more news at E3 direct of this new Fire Emblem Switch title?
    The FE switch didn't even have a title nor anything so I doubt it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    You can get a 2DS if you don't care about N3DS exclusives which at this point has only 2
    Not a bad idea. I generally hate 3D and if I'd picked up a 3DS, I would switch it off. I didn't even know 2DS were still a thing XD.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Not a bad idea. I generally hate 3D and if I'd picked up a 3DS, I would switch it off. I didn't even know 2DS were still a thing XD.
    They still have it bundled with MK7 for $80

http://www.nintendo.com/2ds/buynow/#2ds-kart

$200 for the N3DS isn't really worth jack, it doesn't have a charger with it either, I only got it cause of the fire emblem fates edition but I traded in my old 3ds and some other stuff to bring it to $100 bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikegreenfire View Post
    Does this mean i cant pick my waifu?

The 3rd person rpg elements sound great.
    Maybe waifu petting will be one of the exciting new features added to the game. I can't believe they didn't know the importance of waifuism back in 1992, they could have been so far ahead of their time if the original had it.
    Girls are a hoax created by the Japanese anime industry to scam otaku out of their money.

maybe they will add more than 1 gay relationship this time around per gender, and adoption for them so they don't miss out on a children

7+ Year Old Account
    Kinda hard to do that since most of the characters get married to NPCs in the post game credits but they might take some liberties and put a my unit in the game aswell I hope they will anyway kinda liked having my own persona but I wont be upset if they dont do it.
    Also the two main characters get hitched so no Alm or Celica husbando or waifu.

But they may have to since its one of the things that made Awakening such a sucess and struck gold with shipping

Quote Originally Posted by Karamaru View Post
    Kinda hard to do that since most of the characters get married to NPCs in the post game credits but they might take some liberties and put a my unit in the game aswell I hope they will anyway kinda liked having my own persona but I wont be upset if they dont do it.
    Also the two main characters get hitched so no Alm or Celica husbando or waifu.

But they may have to since its one of the things that made Awakening such a sucess and struck gold with shipping
    well it's not a full remake, it's and I quote "remake inspired" so it's theme is the 2nd FE but brought into the modern day so my unit will probably come back but back to being a side person like in awakening.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    maybe they will add more than 1 gay relationship this time around per gender, and adoption for them so they don't miss out on a children
    If its like the original the relationships will be a scripted thing that there is no control over. kids probably wont be in at all.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilikegreenfire View Post
    If its like the original the relationships will be a scripted thing that there is no control over. kids probably wont be in at all.
    Yea but like I said they might take some liberties with the "remake inspired" version so not all relationships might be set in stone other than the two main leads and frankly I dont see kids in this game aswell I really hope they put in support conversations since its a good way to flesh out characters and world building since the orginal had none of that so overall it would be an inprovement,

Honestly I really hope my unit will be a staple of the series from now on its really a guilty pleasure.