Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Demon's feretory of souls

(Demonology Warlock) Feretory of Souls: can now generate a Soul Shard when the Warlock casts Demonbolt, Hand of Gul’dan, Implosion, or Shadowflame.

So now it shares the effect with demon, opinions?

Pretty odd they didn't expand it to drain soul so affliction could use it as well if what they want to do is expand the usability of legendaries across specs.

It's not like demo is in need of more good legendaries considering demo is the spec with the least trash legendaries.
    Last edited by Lucrece; 2017-01-19 at 06:02 AM.

Pretty retarded change. So demo can use feretory now, but not affliction. And I don't get it while it proc for demo but not for chaos bolts? But yeah. Now I have legendaries for all 3 specs: feretory for demo/destro, hood for affliction.

Wonder how it'll stack up against the other Demo legendaries.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagon View Post
    Wonder how it'll stack up against the other Demo legendaries.
    i wonder the same but i whould also like to know how many shards it whould give per minute.

Weird change. Like already asked above why Demo only and not Affy? Though I guess the latter is harder to work around as different talents have very different numbers of casts used.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikeyshadow View Post
    why Demo only and not Affy?
    because its effect is based on fire component

Deleted
    It's not live atleast

cant get any of the spells to proc shards

Quote Originally Posted by evernight7 View Post
    because its effect is based on fire component
    Well in my opinion a Shadowflame spell is not a Fire spell. Though yes Cata supposedly can proc the belt.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm happy though as I have the belt and play Demo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikeyshadow View Post
    Well in my opinion a Shadowflame spell is not a Fire spell. Though yes Cata supposedly can proc the belt.

ShadowFLAME is both of Fire and Shadow schools, it's not a matter of opinion.

It's a fine change and long overdue, IMO. The only outlier remaining is Chaos Bolt itself, they could have really added it and that's all.

Deleted
    why people mad ? affli doesn't cast any fire spell...wtf ?

Deleted
    Knowing this is one of the legs I have and was concerned about legs if switching specs from Destro to XX...

Very selfish, but YaY. Great change

Making it work for Demo? Man I can't wait for the bug that lets imp Firebolts proc it :P

- - - Updated - - -

And would you look at that.... Community expresses discontent with the expanding gap between specs due to Legendaries. Community suggest that Legendaries should have been more like tier with effects that change when you change specs... or more like the Demo bracers that can work for all specs....

And two weeks later.... They did just that.

Hopefully they continue to find ways like this to make legendaries more multispec friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post

It's a fine change and long overdue, IMO. The only outlier remaining is Chaos Bolt itself, they could have really added it and that's all.
    Yes a Shadowflame does fire damage but to me that does not make a Shadowflame spell a Fire spell. Perhaps the description on the belt will be changed now though.

Perhaps I am just being awkward over wording as I always assumed that was why Chaos Bolt did not work as yes it can do Fire damage but it is a Chaos spell.

Anyhow none of this matters as Blizz have decided spells will proc it and what it shall not and more shards for Demo is nice.

All these spells are shadowflame damage (Combination of Shadow & Fire) but i don't quite understand why they would change it to affect Demonology, are they going to make it drop for demonology loot specialization? Weird hotfix for sure.

It does seem very random and out of place for them to change just one legendary for one class to make it more spec swap friendly. I would anticipate we start seeing more legendaries get given this treatment ...and its a good move if they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post

Wasn't it not proccing on shadowburn? Not that it proccing would ever convince me to take shadowburn, but from a consistency standpoint it seems odd. Also chaos bolt n that, but that's kinda understandable imo.
    Last edited by klogaroth; 2017-01-19 at 05:19 PM.

They applied the effect to Shadowflame as it originally should have been. Shadowflame is literally just shadow school and fire school on the same spell. Since Conflagrate becomes Shadowburn and procs off of it as well, I figure they just wanted to keep the effect fluid. For all intents and purposes it should proc off of shadowflame spells.

In general though, I wish all legendaries with non-spec specific effects like this would have at least partial use cross-spec, especially for pure DPS. This is a good change.

It's a stupid change, it will only encourage demo to digs its heels in for demonbolt even more now if you have that legendary, and demonbolt needed more competition not less.

Am I understanding this wrong or did they code it to proc on chaos/shadowflame damage which means that it can now generate soul shards from chaos bolt?