Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulzar View Post
    Making it work for Demo? Man I can't wait for the bug that lets imp Firebolts proc it :P

- - - Updated - - -

And would you look at that.... Community expresses discontent with the expanding gap between specs due to Legendaries. Community suggest that Legendaries should have been more like tier with effects that change when you change specs... or more like the Demo bracers that can work for all specs....

And two weeks later.... They did just that.

Hopefully they continue to find ways like this to make legendaries more multispec friendly.
    Funny stuff tho It's that I interview past week 4 WOW Team Devs and suggested them to make Leggo like Tiers and they said about no plans to make it right now but it's possible to see on future, maybe this expansion or not.

Jokes on me I guess.

--------

Hope they buff Sacrolesh to something useful tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    It's a stupid change, it will only encourage demo to digs its heels in for demonbolt even more now if you have that legendary, and demonbolt needed more competition not less.
    I don't understand this line of thinking. Unless it ends up stronger than Sindori, main spec demo players largely probably won't be using it as they will either already have Demo bracers for that slot, or other demo legendaries will be better for them. If they are in the situation where those bracers are better than one of the other demo specific legendaries they have... who would be upset about having a legendary that is now better than what they had? Those who are not main spec Demo may now have a dps legendary they didn't have before.

Those bracers having positive synergy with Demonbolt is no different than kazzak belt now having stronger synergy with Impending Doom. Is it an issue that the ID change shifts a multi target talent to become the better ST talent when you have the belt? Or is that covered as part of the benefit to what Legendaries do....?

It does seem very random and out of place for them to change just one legendary for one class to make it more spec swap friendly. I would anticipate we start seeing more legendaries get given this treatment ...and its a good move if they do.
    Yeah this was my view as well. Seems like a completely random change. Maybe we'll start seeing more legendaries being usable cross-spec.

Quote Originally Posted by JV Chequer View Post
    Funny stuff tho It's that I interview past week 4 WOW Team Devs and suggested them to make Leggo like Tiers and they said about no plans to make it right now but it's possible to see on future, maybe this expansion or not.

Jokes on me I guess.
    Haha, I think they are learning to be careful about what they "promise" by means talking about something that they are thinking about.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand this line of thinking. Unless it ends up stronger than Sindori, main spec demo players largely probably won't be using it <snip>
    Well as a former destro player who is unhappy with destro changes in 7.1.5, I am glad that the belt will help make my transition to demo easier until I get a demo specific legendary (also have Sephuz and portal pants).
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

That still won't convince me to set my loot to Destro. Demo doesn't look like it will be very good in Nighthold with all the movement fights.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JV Chequer View Post

Jokes on me I guess.

--------

Hope they buff Sacrolesh to something useful tho.
    The Corruption ring is already really good for things like M+

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    That still won't convince me to set my loot to Destro. Demo doesn't look like it will be very good in Nighthold with all the movement fights.
    I don't know, the heroic logs for Demo are on par with Affliction and is slightly better on many fights. Of course Skorpyron stacks the deck for Affliction on overall damage, but from what I have seen demo is doing fine.
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

I don't understand this line of thinking. Unless it ends up stronger than Sindori, main spec demo players largely probably won't be using it as they will either already have Demo bracers for that slot, or other demo legendaries will be better for them. If they are in the situation where those bracers are better than one of the other demo specific legendaries they have... who would be upset about having a legendary that is now better than what they had? Those who are not main spec Demo may now have a dps legendary they didn't have before.

Those bracers having positive synergy with Demonbolt is no different than kazzak belt now having stronger synergy with Impending Doom. Is it an issue that the ID change shifts a multi target talent to become the better ST talent when you have the belt? Or is that covered as part of the benefit to what Legendaries do....?
    ID/ImpD are competitive talents in their tier. Demonbolt is pretty much supreme in its tier outside incredibly niche instances.

Deleted
    they literally changed it in hotfix, now anything with more than 1 target should favor eye, but it depends on fight and role.

This change does not appear to be live yet--I have Feretory and tried testing on a target dummy by casting demonbolt, shadow flame, and HoG to a target without applying doom, and received no additional shards. I assume it will go live on the next reset then?

7+ Year Old Account
    Give aff fire spells or rito!
    Don't be like haunt guy.

10+ Year Old Account
    >feretory of souls
    >works for two specs that don't use souls
    >doesn't work for the spec that uses souls

Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    >feretory of souls
    >works for two specs that don't use souls
    >doesn't work for the spec that uses souls
    Just imagine the class fantasy in your head. Seems to be how they do it ;>

Does this mean this can now drop when in Demonology spec? Does it mean they have finally made the spite legendary a possible drop for all specs? Only Blizz can fuck it up like this. It's almost as if they give zero fucks about the warlock spec.

What school of damage is soul flame considered? If feretory works with fire damage and SoC eruption damage is soul flame shouldn't they qualify it to work with the belt?

Quote Originally Posted by Xanattos View Post
    What school of damage is soul flame considered? If feretory works with fire damage and SoC eruption damage is soul flame shouldn't they qualify it to work with the belt?
    It doesn't work on damage, it works on spell cast completion. You never cast soul flame, so it doesn't work.

And frankly even if it did the number of events of that happening on most fights would still be abysmal for shard gen.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    It doesn't work on damage, it works on spell cast completion. You never cast soul flame, so it doesn't work.

And frankly even if it did the number of events of that happening on most fights would still be abysmal for shard gen.
    Thanks man, I realize it may be less than desirable but since that is my leg that I have along with Odr I was reaching...