Deleted

Fingers of Frost proc in PvP instances

Hello guys,

I wanted to try out ice lance spec in pvp but i experienced that FoF doesn't proc in arena not even once even with Frozen Touch. With Frozen Touch my frostbolt supposed to have 55% chance to grant FoF but last arena 42 frostbolt grant none. I tried out without Frozen Touch to see if it causes this problem but it didn't proc either. I'm curious if you guys also noticed this. This has been occuring since the new minor patches.

Deleted
    Frozen Touch is not 40% additional proc chance but it is only 40% of 12%, which is less than 5%. something around 4.8%. (very strange math, blizzard is just manipulating with us) 12% + 4.8% = 16.8% FoF chance. But this Talent seems bugged: it's not 16.8%. I just tested it on training dummy and i get more FoF proc without taking Frozen touch! Talent is complete garbage: In reality it decreases your FoF chance lol! I reported that to Blizzard but there is no response. They are just to lazy to fix this Talent. It would be too hard, if Blizzard would simply redesign it: "adds additional 5% FoF chance." No, they came up with some strange math. Anyway, even if Frozen Touch wouldn't be bugged, it's not worth taking it. It should add at least 8% additional FoF chance and then maybe, just maybe i would take it over other two choices in this row.
    Just take Ice Nova for PvP: much better option.

Edit: Concentraded Coolnes, PvP Talent, is also bugged: Frozen Orb only deals around 33k dmg in instanced PvP. So we got two Talents which both decrease our damage. What a great design!
    Last edited by mmoc4f70414cfa; 2017-01-19 at 10:18 AM.

Deleted
    It's Indeed quite interesting math. Thanks for you answer it has clarified my thoughts. In addition, i could agree with that the talent actually decreases the chance, however i cannot prove it but i really felt it as with it FoF like didn't exist in some arena games.

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    By any strange chance, are you running Deep Shatter?

Deleted
    You are absolutely right Kuni. I am feeling so dumb right now for overlooking it. That explains entirely why i didn't have any proc from frostbolts. At least i got to know more about how Frozen Touch is working.