Deleted

Should early logs be trusted?

So we cleared NH normal last night. I was running a build with windsong, tempest, foa. I feel like it's much better on cleave and much more fluent than the LB ones.

Anyway. Since 7.1.5 I've been struggling with dps as most enh, partly due to making mistakes in rotation as well as nerfs. I got 450-470k on a few fights while simming 490 on ST. On the pervious patch I felt like my dps was much closer to the one I simmed. I looked at the logs and on the fights that I didn't mess up tactics I did reasonably well 90-95% which would lead me to the assumption that I've got the rotation down for the most part. However with the raid being so new and there not being that many runs yet should percentile rankings be trusted?

The logs won't be accurate until there's been a couple weeks of logs to base off of. Just as an example everyone in my raid ranked 100% on every boss in NH N on the first night. It was cool to see but we all knew that wasn't going to stay that way.

No. Look at the top logs for Skorpyron. Some people are deliberately spawning extra adds to pad metres. Locks and Mages all representing the top 100.
    Have you heard of the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV? With an expanded free trial which you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for free with no restrictions on playtime?

Rankings mean nothing. Period.

Rankings just show you how much damage that guy did make. You don't know if he soaked the charge on Ursoc, if he focused the adds on Ysondre, if he soaked the adds on Krosus, if he went to eat cakes on Trilliax. It means nothing.

A lot of people chasing best ranks pull more adds on purpose just to top the meters. Eggs on Elereth, Scorpids on Skorpyron, Tentacles at the other side of the room for Xavius, etc.
    When he is chasing Rank 1, Viklund from Serenity even ask his guildmates to stop dps the boss so the fight lasts longer when he still have a few seconds to spend in S2M.

Don't look at the parses. Look at how much damages you made, on the boss and on the adds, how much damages you took, how much dodgeable spells you did take, etc.
    That's what will help your guild to progress. Not the ranks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunyuns View Post

Rankings just show you how much damage that guy did make. You don't know if he soaked the charge on Ursoc, if he focused the adds on Ysondre, if he soaked the adds on Krosus, if he went to eat cakes on Trilliax. It means nothing.

A lot of people chasing best ranks pull more adds on purpose just to top the meters. Eggs on Elereth, Scorpids on Skorpyron, Tentacles at the other side of the room for Xavius, etc.
    When he is chasing Rank 1, Viklund from Serenity even ask his guildmates to stop dps the boss so the fight lasts longer when he still have a few seconds to spend in S2M.

Don't look at the parses. Look at how much damages you made, on the boss and on the adds, how much damages you took, how much dodgeable spells you did take, etc.
    You're assuming I'm looking at them trying to give myself a pat on the back.
    We play a class that does not excel in movement or aoe. All I do is take a fight that's as tank and spanky as possible and compare how I've done against others. In a tank and spank fight if I'm ranking in the middle compared to my peers I probably have a lot to improve on in terms of execution.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunyuns View Post

Amen a-freaking-men.

Deleted
    More logs = more valid data.
    First day log= first impression, no real mastering of anything= invalid data.

They don't mean much of anything until everyone gets their set bonuses. I usually just use logs to go over my own numbers and try to self improve

Median to above average percentiles are a good barometer that you are doing what you are supposed to do, though.

I discount any top parses as they are typically cheesed in some way.