Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Why are you using 100th percentile? Those are never the accurate depiction. 100% = people who purposely cheese class/raid mechanics in order to inflate their DPS/HPS. 75th is a lot more accurate representation.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/11#metric=hps 75th of Heroic is what you should be looking at to get the most accurate report. Not 100 of Normal where mechanics are easily cheesed.

100% are people that are going for the maximum. If using less healers and more DD`s for a faster killspeed is cheesing - then yes, i´m guilty of that. Isnt that what everyone is trying to do once you can farm a dungeon?
    And going by your logic, if trying to optimize your raid is cheesing, isnt it kinda stupid going for 75 Percentile logs? Because that means you are limiting yourself and your class. Why dont you use Looking for Raid Logs for healing? Easy, because one good healer could replace those 5 random healers and even then - looking for raid wouldn´t be enough to actually challenge his capatibilities. That is basically what you are doing when you are looking at 75 percentile logs. You are looking at players and classes that COULD do better but dont do it because it isnt necessary at all. So tell me, when there are 4 healers, everyone needs to do 300k hps to keep the raid alive and one healer is doing 350k hps because of heal sniping. 2 of the others are doing what is asked of them and are doing their 300k hps. So what about the fourth healer? Should he still be going for 300k hps even if it involes unnecessary overheal and doesnt bring any benefit at all? No, he will do 250k hps because that is everything he needs to do. Is it really a good idea for trying to measuring your class by that? No it isnt.
    When comparing DPS and HPS you should go for the maximum, because that is the only indicator that can show us what we COULD do if we need to do it.

Deleted
    Have not read through the whole thread, so apologies if this was already mentioned, but - MW Monks' issues come to light in difficult content a.k.a. Mythic level raids. This is partially the reason why Blizzard refuses to acknowledge our problems - most casual players never run this level of difficulty and their own staff members most likely don't either on their personal characters. Welcome to "The Phantom Problem" or, if you prefer, "Schrodinger's Mistweaver" - both fine and not fine at the same time.

Just wait until the end of next week and see how many top guilds run "pretty good" Mistweavers.
    Last edited by mmoc0d05e16c33; 2017-01-23 at 11:57 PM.

@Spotnick & @Eace

Saying that you should always use TfT on Vivify is of course an oversimplification.
    None the less, you should use TfT on Vivify most of the time (90%+). This will lead you to have enough mana to EF more often, which is our strongest spell by far. Saying that TfT Vivify is an HPS loss is only true if you are over the mana cap.

This is not me making things up, or "feeling" that this is the more optimal way to play, it is backed by theorycrafting and the general MW monk consensus.

The only use of TfT that outvalues Vivify, is EF on the move, if you can't cast anything else:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...#gid=478095095

As we are not (and will not for the forseeable future) hit mana cap, it would be counterproductive to advise people on something else than Vivify as the go-to TfT'd spell. (Exceptions would be TfT ReM when near mana cap, TfT EF for heavy movement e.g. Helya mythic p3)
    Last edited by Delek; 2017-01-24 at 12:05 AM.

I'm pretty sure the mana costs will result in Monks being one of the weaker healers for HC and Mythic. Our mana costs are still insane and I don't see a possibility how MWs could outheal Paladins or Druids when mana only matters for MW but not really for the other two.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I'm pretty sure the mana costs will result in Monks being one of the weaker healers for HC and Mythic. Our mana costs are still insane and I don't see a possibility how MWs could outheal Paladins or Druids when mana only matters for MW but not really for the other two.
    MW mana is not that bad if you're playing correctly

also paladin mana right now is not very strong unless you're running stupid amounts of haste + you have 4pc

I'm pretty sure we'll see in Mythic NH how bad our mana management really is. I mean, of all classes Monks have the worst mana management next to Holy Priests (imho). If they'd make Mana Tea baseline... yeah no. Blizzard doesn't make obvious improvements.